With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Audience for New Digimon Project Mentioned in Toei Briefing Q&A

  1. #21
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,639
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    expanding the audience could lead to something new fresh series like Savers, since it's also meant for Adventure franchise who had grown up but is also friendly for newcomers. There's no way they could expand the audience for Tri's sequel, since the audiences are gonna be more narrow. Just like how 02 is to the original Adventure, there's no way the 02 audiences are wider than Adventure.
    Yeah I hope it's not a direct sequel to any Adventure series. It could even be in the same universe as long as it wasn't direct I guess, it's just that after tri and 02 I'm really tired of them trying to force sequels. (I liked 02 but it had problems due to that obviously.) i hope they have a different character designer too, maybe like the designs in Links? It's the same designer as Adventure but they look so modern and stylish. And please no oavs the wait between releases kills me.
    The Diaboromon and Daemon tease and the bad guy being alive kinda means they have to make a sequel lol

  2. #22
    I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,449
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    To be honest, I don't expect anything good from this because of how disappointing tri. was, but hey, maybe they have learn from their mistakes and they bring something good this time!

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    To be honest, I don't expect anything good from this because of how disappointing tri. was, but hey, maybe they have learn from their mistakes and they bring something good this time!
    considering tri did well(not because it was good but because of nostalgia.) they didn't learn anything

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnimon Zwart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the upcoming Digimon project can expand its audience to people in their 30s and even 40s...
    By adding stories involving divorce, alcoholism, debt and crippling depression
    1) Yamato and Takeru, Yamato and Sora, Kouji and Kouichi.
    2) None so-far aside from jokes about Nanimon and Orochimon.
    3) Slightly touched on with Juri in that her parents were implied to be pretty poor and in bed with the Yakuza.
    4) Ken Ichijouji. Juri all the way.

  5. #25
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Unknown
    Age
    34
    Posts
    10,555
    That does make a lot of sense with Tri. Maybe we will get 02 Tri.

  6. #26
    I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,035
    I donít know what to think of this. Assuming this is talking about the all-but-guaranteed 02 sequel, I donít see how expanding the audience is at all necessary considering how successful Tri was. On the other hand, maybe expanding it to include a slightly younger audience will mean a return to the fantasy adventure style of storytelling that made the original great, as opposed to this rather ill-advised venture into higher-concept science fiction that they attempted with Tri. Itís odd to find myself thinking that drawing in a new audience might mean a return to the old storytelling style, but there it is.

    Maybe the 02 sequel is going to be a TV series rather than a film series, so theyíre trying to pull in a few more of the kiddies who normally support the shows. It would explain the somewhat curious absence of a TV series at the moment. If this is indeed the case, then I wonder if itíll be a little broader in scope than 02, and focus on the full cast of both series.

    Alternatively, it might be that the 02 sequel wonít be the very next project, and that this news applies to something different, perhaps another TV series. I doubt it, especially in light of the fact that theyíre comparing it to Tri, but if it is the case, targeting twenty-somethings would mean a show that skews much more toward the tastes of adult fans than previous TV series, even if they arenít the sole audience. Then again, I donít want the TV series falling into the same mould as Tri either, and shows targetted toward older audiences rarely achieve the fifty-episode span necessary for the kind of epic fantasy yarns I like.
    Last edited by Seymour Butz; 06-25-2018 at 05:27 PM.

  7. #27
    I come from the net KaenKazui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Germany
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,704
    Add KaenKazui on DeviantArt Add KaenKazui on Google+
    I am also kinda confused about this news. How do they intend to widen the audience, if it actually is a tri. sequel? I mean, everybody who was originally into Digimon and still held some interest in the franchise watched tri. and who else would be interested in a sequel for it?

    Part of me wants to read this as "Actually the new project is not an Adventure tri. sequel", but I do not dare to get my hopes up. It will be. It is going to be a sequel in some way or form.

    Quote Originally Posted by e105zeta View Post
    2) None so-far aside from jokes about Nanimon and Orochimon.
    Sora's parents were not divorced. Her father was just working outside of Tokyo and thus rarely at home.
    Ruki's parents were divorced though.

  8. #28
    Completely digital
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by KaenKazui View Post
    I am also kinda confused about this news. How do they intend to widen the audience, if it actually is a tri. sequel? I mean, everybody who was originally into Digimon and still held some interest in the franchise watched tri. and who else would be interested in a sequel for it?
    Well, this isn't entirely correct.

    Tri was broadcated in a small group of theatres (less than 20). There are many places in Japan where the film was not broadcast

    Maybe they plan the sequel for Tri have a more open broadcast (maybe TV series).

  9. #29
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KaenKazui View Post
    I am also kinda confused about this news. How do they intend to widen the audience, if it actually is a tri. sequel? I mean, everybody who was originally into Digimon and still held some interest in the franchise watched tri. and who else would be interested in a sequel for it?
    Well, this isn't entirely correct.

    Tri was broadcated in a small group of theatres (less than 20). There are many places in Japan where the film was not broadcast

    Maybe they plan the sequel for Tri have a more open broadcast (maybe TV series).
    that doesn't say anything. Even though they are just mini theatres, the run has been extended into several weeks. It also has an online stream in Japan, and then a limited blu ray release. Making more open broadcast is futile especially for a sequel of Tri since it won't add many new watchers, especially if TOEI wants more money.

    Making a TV series could be quite troublesome, since their audience are more likely into adult, they can't choose airing time easily as adult shows are more likely air in midnight. Most of TOEI shows air in the morning of saturday or sunday, CMIIW.
    Last edited by DATS24; 06-26-2018 at 11:40 AM.

  10. #30
    Completely digital
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    that doesn't say anything. Even though they are just mini theatres, the run has been extended into several weeks. It also has an online stream in Japan, and then a limited blu ray release. Making more open broadcast is futile especially for a sequel of Tri since it won't add many new watchers, especially if TOEI wants more money.

    Making a TV series could be quite troublesome, since their audience are more likely into adult, they can't choose airing time easily as adult shows are more likely air in midnight. Most of TOEI shows air in the morning of saturday or sunday, CMIIW.
    The core audience is the fans of Tri (not general adult audience), they want to slightly expand that audience.

    The amount of theatres was pretty reduced during the extended weeks, so the broadcast of theatres was still pretty limited (there are people who can't travel to the theatres). You need a Crunchyroll account to see the stream. So, a more open broadcast may slightly expand the core audience.


    Of course, it's also possible they want to add a new young audience (the main audience of Toei). So, this new season may add new kid protagonists, while Adventure digidestined are supporting characters.
    Last edited by Kon; 06-26-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •