With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Audience for New Digimon Project Mentioned in Toei Briefing Q&A

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    I didn't mean it like that. I said that it sounds like it's going to be tri 2, since they said "The new project will, in addition to this core audience," with the "core audience" being Tri's audience. I just said that maybe the 02 character would be around this time since they appeared in the final Tri movie.
    I'm sorry, I misinterpreted your previous words.

You're right, it seems pretty likely the new project is a continuation for Tri (although it seems the staff will change for this new project).
    Last edited by Kon; 06-24-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnimon Zwart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the upcoming Digimon project can expand its audience to people in their 30s and even 40s...
    By adding stories involving divorce, alcoholism, debt and crippling depression
    Divorce: check - just ask about TK & Matt's parents
    Crippling depression: check - just ask Jeri lol

Quote Originally Posted by Omnimon Zwart View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the upcoming Digimon project can expand its audience to people in their 30s and even 40s...
    By adding stories involving divorce, alcoholism, debt and crippling depression
    Divorce: check - just ask about TK & Matt's parents
    Crippling depression: check - just ask Jeri lol
    Alcoholism: check - just ask nanimon

Debt is also covered by Masaru/Marcus mochi making friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e105zeta View Post
    I'm pretty happy Digimon is now a competitor with Shin Megami Tensei/Persona instead of Pokemon, considering the designer said he was heavily inspired by the former instead of the latter.
    They certainly chose a good franchise to model themselves after, especilaly coming from the highest rated PS4 game of 2017. Most of the time when people go "what game should I get like Persona" you get "Digimon" on there from 90% of posts. Is good stuff

Shame people tend to only suggest the first one though
    Wait. We can actually date all of the digimon we meet at the same time and get trashed on valentine day?

Add Shadious on DeviantArt Add Shadious on Google+
    Hope the next big thing in Digimon will debut on the small screens unlike Tri with the theatrical releases.
    Bored of Knife of Day?

By making a continuation of 3, would't they limit their viewer even more? People who don't watch tri would not watch its second part and not everyone who watches tri will watch its second part.

More Adventure with more adventuring, is what I'd say.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by salman332 View Post
    Debt is also covered by Masaru/Marcus mochi making friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e105zeta View Post
    I'm pretty happy Digimon is now a competitor with Shin Megami Tensei/Persona instead of Pokemon, considering the designer said he was heavily inspired by the former instead of the latter.
    They certainly chose a good franchise to model themselves after, especilaly coming from the highest rated PS4 game of 2017. Most of the time when people go "what game should I get like Persona" you get "Digimon" on there from 90% of posts. Is good stuff

Shame people tend to only suggest the first one though
    Wait. We can actually date all of the digimon we meet at the same time and get trashed on valentine day?
    they didn't go as far as dating lol though Keisuke has a harem which includes a Lillymon

I'm going digital
    expanding the audience could lead to something new fresh series like Savers, since it's also meant for Adventure franchise who had grown up but is also friendly for newcomers. There's no way they could expand the audience for Tri's sequel, since the audiences are gonna be more narrow. Just like how 02 is to the original Adventure, there's no way the 02 audiences are wider than Adventure.

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    expanding the audience could lead to something new fresh series like Savers, since it's also meant for Adventure franchise who had grown up but is also friendly for newcomers. There's no way they could expand the audience for Tri's sequel, since the audiences are gonna be more narrow. Just like how 02 is to the original Adventure, there's no way the 02 audiences are wider than Adventure.
    Yeah I hope it's not a direct sequel to any Adventure series. It could even be in the same universe as long as it wasn't direct I guess, it's just that after tri and 02 I'm really tired of them trying to force sequels. (I liked 02 but it had problems due to that obviously.) i hope they have a different character designer too, maybe like the designs in Links? It's the same designer as Adventure but they look so modern and stylish. And please no oavs the wait between releases kills me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast