With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "What to buy" thread

"What to buy" thread

Thinking of getting one of the 20th anniversary originals or a 20th anniversary pendulum but I can't decide on one.
    The roster in the blue pendulum appeals to me most, but the Omegamon colored original has a much better exterior design and the Digimon barely resemble their artworks anyway, being a pixelated monochrome mess.
    I've also taken quite a liking to the Vorvomon line from the black pendulum, but not much else from the black one

I also don't like how in both of them, the evolution time has been greatly shortened, I had a ver3 back in the day (had the ugliest roster of all of them but was the only one available where I live) and I remember how satisfying it would be to spend so much time in each stage and then finally evolve to the next stage, I feel like that enjoyment would be mitigated with the shorter evolution times.
    The Pendulums have longer evolution times for baby2-child and adult-perfect, but the originals slow down when put to sleep which I'll probably use for several hours a day as I'm training and studying. Which would be better if I want the slowest evolution possible?

Also, what should I know about the pendulum feature? Anything else should I be aware of?

Buying one because I'm interested in raising a digital pet
    Last edited by Kit Chan; 06-23-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Follow Wolfshark On Twitter Add Wolfshark on DeviantArt
    Not entirely sure of the other things since I'd need to do some research BUT if you are going for one of the V-pets do take note that I've heard people not like how their are painted and prone to chipping. Sorta like the Zubamon one where some people who got it say that the gold paint can and likely will chip off with time and use. The only one that does not suffer from this is the Omegamon one since it is not painted it's all just colored pearly plastic.

However if you want the best bang for your buck your best option might be to buy the new upcoming pendulums (the wave 2 pendulums) since you will be able to get those at non scalper prices. And if I'm right the Dukemon color one is probably gonna be the silver blue just with add ons and a nicer color (If you prefer pearly white with red and yellow)

I've found a deal on the Omegamon one thats just within my price range. I can get a Zubamon one 1000¥ cheaper, probably because as you said, the paint chips (And it's the worst of the 2nd wave color schemes IMO).
    The Dukemon one comes out in December doesn't it? I'd like one sooner, so maybe I should get the Omegamon 20th and I when find myself bored of the roster in a few months I could consider the Dukemon one.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Welcome aboard.

If you take issue with the Digimon's shortened lifespan, you can artificially prolong it by having them sleep for extended periods of time. I assume the same applies for the 20th Pendulums (which have replaced the V20th's 3 hour nap with sticking them in a fridge instead), but in these newer v-pets the Digimon will only age as long as they're awake.

Child/Rookie Digimon will evolve after 24 hours awake but I've managed to make it last around 4 days at that stage.

I've read from the prerelease info that the Pendulums don't pause the life cycle while asleep.
    Ordered the Omegamon 20th for 6000¥. It should arrive in a week or 2

Ain't got no mojo... Megadramon01010's Avatar
    Follow Megadramon01010 On Twitter Add Megadramon01010 on Discord Visit Megadramon01010 on XBox Live
    The Omegamon Color Ver. 20th is the only 20th VPet I own, and I like it a lot. I hope you enjoy the device as much as I have.

20th vs 20th Pendulum

Hey guys, so I was planning on ordering the 20th Pendulum, but I found a cheaper original version 20th online. Assuming that the answer would’nt just be to “get both,” what are some of the benefits that one device has over the other?

Ain't got no mojo...

Need help on what to buy

So I've been out of the digimon scene for a few years. I noticed that the vpets snd pendulums have 20th anniversary releases... I want to buy my wife and I a pair but I'm not sure which version to get? My favorite digimon is omegamon, so I'm leaning towards the original vpets. Thoughts?

Do you raise 2 digimon together in a single vpet and pendulum?

Are the agumon and gabumon lines in the vpet or pendelum?

If anybody can help me that would be great. Thanks!

Yes. You can raise 2 digimons in one device for both the original vpet abd pendulum. And yes you can have agumon, gabumon, and omegamon in every version of vpet and pendulum 20th except the gray/brown vpet 20th.

I come from the net
    On the 20th V-Pets, the anime Agumon line is only in the brown, and the anime Gabumon line is only in the grey. In both cases you have to connect to 5 different names to unlock these. Resetting works, but if you only buy the 2, you can only unlock on 1 of them, so no Omegamon.

On Black/White/Gold you can get WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon from the Coredramon lines, and jogress to Omegamon, with only one device.

On all the 20th V-Pets, you can raise V1 Agumon->Greymon->MetalGreymon(Vi)->BlitzGreymon, and V2 Gabumon->Garurumon->MetalMamemon->CresGarurumon. These jogress to Omegamon Alter-S, a Virus Omegamon with a colour change.

On the Silver Blue Pendulum 20th, you can raise the Pendulum Zero egg, which has both anime lines and they can jogress to Omegamon.
    http://lcd.withthewill.net/PenEvoChartZero

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast