With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 153 of 156 FirstFirst ... 53103143150151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1557

Thread: 20th Anniversary Pendulum discussion thread

Follow humulos On Twitter Visit humulos's Youtube Channel Add humulos on Steam
    Congrats PMdoucheachu on getting your device! Enjoy your cute little monsters :-D

Quote Originally Posted by BladeSabre View Post
    That's quite impressive! Could you say a little about how you did it?
    Certainly! First step was to set up a mySQL database that contained all of the relevant information that the community had been collecting, so every unique stat, image reference, requirement, etc is populated from that database. With that, I started creating the general layout of the growth charts, which that layout is handled mostly via the magic of flexboxes. Each individual chart itself is manually arranged, as I couldn't dream up a good method for automatically laying out the charts. Each Digimon is called from the database so that the appropriate image and details appear in the designated position. The true timesaver for the charts was the vertical connecting lines, as those would have been DREADFUL to manually size and position. Instead, I used the offset function in jquery to determine how long each vertical line needs to be, and where its position in the chart is. Each line determines this by looking for a starting and ending ID that I added to the appropriate horizontal lines. I then have several PHP includes and foreach commands that act as shells for the specific information for each Digimon. Then most of the other extra flourishes were done with the hide/show functions that jquery offers. Apart from the jquery library, the only piece of the website I didn't actually do myself was the sortable tables on some of the pages, as there's a really great js plugin for those, found here: https://mottie.github.io/tablesorter/docs/

It was overall a good bit of work, but with its framework I'll have a great headstart on the DMX!

Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    Congrats PMdoucheachu on getting your device! Enjoy your cute little monsters :-D

Quote Originally Posted by BladeSabre View Post
    That's quite impressive! Could you say a little about how you did it?
    Certainly! First step was to set up a mySQL database that contained all of the relevant information that the community had been collecting, so every unique stat, image reference, requirement, etc is populated from that database. With that, I started creating the general layout of the growth charts, which that layout is handled mostly via the magic of flexboxes. Each individual chart itself is manually arranged, as I couldn't dream up a good method for automatically laying out the charts. Each Digimon is called from the database so that the appropriate image and details appear in the designated position. The true timesaver for the charts was the vertical connecting lines, as those would have been DREADFUL to manually size and position. Instead, I used the offset function in jquery to determine how long each vertical line needs to be, and where its position in the chart is. Each line determines this by looking for a starting and ending ID that I added to the appropriate horizontal lines. I then have several PHP includes and foreach commands that act as shells for the specific information for each Digimon. Then most of the other extra flourishes were done with the hide/show functions that jquery offers. Apart from the jquery library, the only piece of the website I didn't actually do myself was the sortable tables on some of the pages, as there's a really great js plugin for those, found here: https://mottie.github.io/tablesorter/docs/

It was overall a good bit of work, but with its framework I'll have a great headstart on the DMX!
    Bookmarked

I've discovered an error in it:
    The Wind Guardians chart has the jogress evolutions into Deramon for Data and Virus backwards, saying that Kiwimon evolves into Deramon via Vaccine or Free with Woodmon and Redveggimon evolving into Deramon via Data etc.. The info in the profile popups is correct, but the actual chart is wrong.

I circled the affected boxes.
    https://imgur.com/a/3kHiebk

Quote Originally Posted by Megatronacepticon View Post
    I've discovered an error in it:
    The Wind Guardians chart has the jogress evolutions into Deramon for Data and Virus backwards, saying that Kiwimon evolves into Deramon via Vaccine or Free with Woodmon and Redveggimon evolving into Deramon via Data etc.. The info in the profile popups is correct, but the actual chart is wrong.

I circled the affected boxes.
    https://imgur.com/a/3kHiebk
    Nice catch! This has been corrected, thanks for letting me know.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live

another one right after wards:

https://twitter.com/bandai_digimon/s...53426608267264

herissmon

guess they wanna get them out of the way for the X maybe

https://twitter.com/bandai_digimon/s...03423912558592

blucomon

Thanks for all the passwords, Muur! Yeah, at this rate we should know the final password tonight or at least sometime this week.

Some of you may have seen the stuff going around about modding the pendulums to switch versions and get every egg. I did indeed end up doing it, and now I have a Black/Blue device with all 19 eggs on it, with English names. I'm pretty inexperienced at this sort of thing, so it took me some time, but I LOVE the result!

Unfortunately I did end up deleting my save on the device (I had 100% for Silver Black), BUT I also have fast forward now, so raising doesn't take nearly as long. I SO WISH I had done this when the devices came out, could have had those requirements filled out in no time at all.

Quote Originally Posted by humulos View Post
    Thanks for all the passwords, Muur! Yeah, at this rate we should know the final password tonight or at least sometime this week.

Some of you may have seen the stuff going around about modding the pendulums to switch versions and get every egg. I did indeed end up doing it, and now I have a Black/Blue device with all 19 eggs on it, with English names. I'm pretty inexperienced at this sort of thing, so it took me some time, but I LOVE the result!

Unfortunately I did end up deleting my save on the device (I had 100% for Silver Black), BUT I also have fast forward now, so raising doesn't take nearly as long. I SO WISH I had done this when the devices came out, could have had those requirements filled out in no time at all.
    Can you please give a link/guide to this mod, thanks?

Yes, but read the whole thing before attempting anything at all. It's a very dangerous process that can absolutely break your device if you aren't being careful, so only do it if you think you'll be actually be able to. Oh, and I managed to lose my save data on both my Silver Black and Silver Blue while attempting this, so be prepared for that. Others have gotten all the way through with their original save data, but I wasn't so lucky.

As a note, I'm currently using the foil and electrical tape method, but solder has given others MUCH better results. I've never gotten pencil to work, and I don't really recommend it personally. I've ordered myself a soldering kit to make my changes more permanent, as I definitely don't recommend foil and tape as long term solutions.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...99R3Vl_HE/edit