With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Which Digimon will be the next to get an X-antibody form?

Red shirt D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    They still appear in games and theyre just as relevant as alternate forms like black war greymon. Plus they look cools.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by megadeoxys View Post
    Does anyone know why they keep releasing X digimon? I thought they stopped being relevant after the movie with them.
    easier than new monsters altogether and less controversial than guardromon gold

plus its like mega pokemon, make an x form out of something popular, and boom, loved

I come from the net
    Does anyone know why they keep releasing X digimon? I thought they stopped being relevant after the movie with them.
    The movie? Even after this movie, X Digimon tend to appear in other future games or cards.

Duftmon X was the last/first one X revealed in Digimon Carddass then BlackWarGreymon X re-appeared in Re: Digitalize world PSP then this anniversary is still going on for like... Two years? Please somebody who have good knowledge around here? Digimon Twitter News will reveal others with X forms later.

I'm a Maniac
    Follow Yamato-san On Twitter
    I just read the profiles to the X-Antibody forms of the Seven Demon Lords, and I just have to say how disappointed I am at Belphemon X's profile. Aside from briefly mentioning the name of its crown, it fails to mention its association with sloth at all. Probably to be expected when the X-Antibody variant is clearly modeled after its Rage Mode, but still a bit of a letdown. On the other hand, the profile doesn't mention anything about being permanently locked into Rage Mode after taking in the X-Antibody, so I wonder if we can expect an X form of Belphemon Sleep Mode somewhere down the line.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I hope for examon and gankoomon next, its surprising that SGDL got x forms for all first before the royal knights.

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamato-san View Post
    Aside from briefly mentioning the name of its crown, it fails to mention its association with sloth at all.
    Sloth, as a deadly sin, is more than just laziness. Sloth is apathy, indifference, and stagnation. Sloth also includes despair, hopelessness, and sadness/melancholy; as despair leads to apathy (after all, if you lose all hope and motivation, you're not going to be very proactive anymore).

To quote myself from another topic:

Quote Originally Posted by YongYoKyo View Post
    Belphemon X is really interesting, because it seems to specifically focus on a specific aspect of the sin of Sloth. Tristitia, AKA Melancholy or Despair, was originally another deadly sin, but it was grouped together with Sloth because despair (Melancholy) usually leads to apathy/indifference (Sloth). Belphemon X seems to emphasize the Melancholy-aspect of Sloth, by inducing despair and hopelessness in others.

I thought it was just a bear that was hibernating so it got pissed. It's not like he exists in a vacuum, he comes from sleep mode then rage mode.

It's more obvious than Beelzebumon ever was for gluttony.

I'm a Maniac
    What games have X variants in them recently? From what I've seen there wasn't any in Cyber Sleuth.

Junior Commander
    All of the X-Antibodies emphasize their respective deadly sins in some way.

The original Belphemon obviously focused on the sleeping aspect of Sloth with his hibernation-theme. Rage Mode is also a pun, as Rage and Lazy have similar pronunciations in Japanese. The X-Antibody focused more on the despair and hopelessness side of Sloth, specifically the act of causing others to despair and lose hope.

Beelzebumon's connection to Gluttony is more vague, but Beelzebumon does fit the definition of "eating in excess; consuming more than necessary.". In Tamers, despite already becoming powerful after evolving, Beelzebumon was still not satisfied with his strength and went around consuming other strong Digimon's data to increase his own power. You could say he had an excessive hunger for data (to increase his strength). His X-Antibody gives him sentient flames that completely consume anything they burn.

The rest are fairly obvious, except maybe Leviamon: Lucemon transcends God and has a beautiful angelic appearance to match his ego. Lilithmon can charm and control countless Digimon. Barbamon turns others into valuable jewels. Demon gets stronger the angrier he is.

Best explanation I can think of for Leviamon is that the X-Antibody probably reflects Envy through its wings. The Digimon flying up high in the sky that Leviamon formerly despised from the bottom of the Net Ocean, are now no longer out of Leviamon's reach. It can now reach all of the other Digimon and bring them down to Leviamon's level, both figuratively and literally. Even continents can be brought down to Leviamon's level at the bottom of the ocean.

What games have X variants in them recently? From what I've seen there wasn't any in Cyber Sleuth.
    X-Antibody Digimon have a very specific background to them, namely the whole destruction and genocide of the Digital World through the X-Program virus. That's mainly why most games don't have X-Antibodies, because the X-Program never happened in their respective in-game universes. The exceptions in most games are natural carriers, because they can be treated as normal Digimon since they don't have X(-Antibody) in their names.

The mobile Digimon Linkz did have X-Antibodies, but it was mainly for collectible purposes, rather than any plot-relevance. Off the top of my head, the only games that actually acknowledge the X-Program scenario and X-Antibody Digimon are Digimon World X/4 and Digimon World ReDigitize/ReDigitize Decode.
    Last edited by YongYoKyo; 07-02-2019 at 12:30 AM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    It's possible they could copy paste all those X forms from Links into the next Story game, but I find that unlikely and that those 3D models will live alongside the Next Order recolour list that also got ignored. (thankfully).

Digimon Masters has a few X forms, though like Links theyre just for being collected.