With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 20th Pendulum Wave 2 Pre-Order Date from V-Jump, Plus Exclusive Digimon

Those sure are spikes... and not only more of those but also more colors. And that's the big thing for me the normal Jesmon design was always a bit bland color wise. Mostly white and red, some black and just not enough color to counteract the monotony. The increase in gold is exactly what was needed to make the design stand out more. But I'm kind of annoyed at the familiars also having those greenish crystal glows now it kind of detracts from them being basically those pure energy beings when they are seemingly invaded by other material. But overall it looks nice. I bet Darkdramon is jealous that he didn't get a spiky X-Variant.

Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    Swords on swords on swords. I love it. The more I look at this, the more I wonder if Erismon's ulimate in Digimon Rearise is going to be Jesmon. We know there's Erismon(child), Filmon(adult), and Stefilmon(Perfect), yet we don't know who his Ultimate will be or if he will have one.

They already have a similar color scheme and the handle(?) of the sword in Jesmon X's left hand greatly resembles Stefilmon's orange and white spiky wrists. I think Jesmon being his ulimate it would make sense being that Erismon is a hedgehog and their over-the-top spiky flare that they got going on.
    I highly doubt that they would do that... Jesmon carries too much of an association with Hackmon and is by this point, I think, Already too old to to be exciting enough to be included that prominently in a new game. Maybe if they had released ReArise in 2015 instead of Linkz there would have been a chance but now... eh. Even in tri, his first anime debut he's not enough of an attraction to be more than a side character. He could still an alternate branch of the Erismon line for flexibility purposes but at this point a new game specific Line not getting a newly designed "main" ultimate would be too much of a letdown (Not too mention I'll stand by my theory that the beastly shadowed Digimon in the trailer will end up as Erismon's Ultimate).

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    If they HAVE to, keep it to Links. I don't count that as a game.
    Too bad it most definitely is a game.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    I thought that Dynasmon X would be the spikiest X Antibody Royal Knight but I was wrong. I wonder how they can generate the 3D model if it happens to be in the console games. Hmmmm
    They'll simply go and sculpt the spikes. That's not a problem. Spikes are angular. Models have no problems handling that. In fact Dynasmon X doesn't even come close to being the most complex model in linkz for example. All those spikes add up to 11150 Polygons. That's completely manageable. The actual most complex model is ShineGreymon Burst Mode with 23148 polygons more than twice as complex as Dynasmon X (and also more than twice as complex as Omegamon X with 11536 polys), not because ShineGreymon is spikier but because everything about his armor parts and all the energy weaponry is round. because constructing round things is the most detail intensive part and even with all his spikes I doubt a Jesmon X model would be all that more complex than ShineGreymon BM's if at all.
    Last edited by Theigno; 06-20-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Follow carlosguh On Twitter Add carlosguh on Facebook Visit carlosguh's Youtube Channel Add carlosguh on DeviantArt Add carlosguh on Google+
    Wow, looks far better than the normal, but....I'm still waiting for Lord Knightmon X...when BANDAI...WHEN??
    Are Bandai planing something new about X digimon in a near future?

They did it. The maniacs actually made Jesmon X-Antibody. It is even more insane than I ever could have imagined, with swords on swords and so many spikes that it really captures the excessiveness of X-Antibody Digimon on a Digimon that is already severely overdesigned. I love it!

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    They'll simply go and sculpt the spikes. That's not a problem. Spikes are angular. Models have no problems handling that. In fact Dynasmon X doesn't even come close to being the most complex model in linkz for example. All those spikes add up to 11150 Polygons. That's completely manageable. The actual most complex model is ShineGreymon Burst Mode with 23148 polygons more than twice as complex as Dynasmon X (and also more than twice as complex as Omegamon X with 11536 polys), not because ShineGreymon is spikier but because everything about his armor parts and all the energy weaponry is round. because constructing round things is the most detail intensive part and even with all his spikes I doubt a Jesmon X model would be all that more complex than ShineGreymon BM's if at all.
    oh well, you got a point there... if making polygon isn't a problem for it, then how about the texturing? Since the details are too much from seeing the pic... (probably will be downgraded?)

I have nothing against X digimon as long as they make sth out of it maybe a new film or even series otherwise it would be pointless. So in that respect, yes I like Jesmon X.

Speaking of X digimon, maybe they decide to make Y digimon you know to make 2 competing groups

I come from the net
    That sure is spiky. Very spiky. Like a X. heh heh Sure was a surprise though.

Quote Originally Posted by dgmn View Post
    I have nothing against X digimon as long as they make sth out of it maybe a new film or even series otherwise it would be pointless. So in that respect, yes I like Jesmon X.

Speaking of X digimon, maybe they decide to make Y digimon you know to make 2 competing groups
    Y-antibody Digimon would be hilarious especially if they were all simplified rounded chibi cutesy blobs.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by e105zeta View Post

Y-antibody Digimon would be hilarious especially if they were all simplified rounded chibi cutesy blobs.
    Yep they have already introduced "Chibi" digimons in Hackers Memory if I remember correctly with Omegamon, Alphamon and Dukemon

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by e105zeta View Post

Yep they have already introduced "Chibi" digimons in Hackers Memory if I remember correctly with Omegamon, Alphamon and Dukemon
    +Crusadermon and Leopardmon

Quote Originally Posted by carlosguh View Post
    Are Bandai planing something new about X digimon in a near future?
    They could... but I'm not really getting hyped about anything big or it happening soon, considering there's so much lore stuff that never made the jump into a major project. I mean for example they teased some Royal Knights vs Olympos 12 conflict back in 2014 (In the reveal of the normal Jesmon) and there's still no trace of that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    oh well, you got a point there... if making polygon isn't a problem for it, then how about the texturing? Since the details are too much from seeing the pic... (probably will be downgraded?)
    There is no way that there is "too much" texture detail in any existing Digimon right now. All the Newer fancy X-antibody models look perfectly fine with two 512x512 texture files but if they need more, then Linkz supports far bigger sizes. Just to illustrate this, if you put the two 512px textures together you could put them into a single 1024x1024 and still have half the space left. Milleniummon's Model has two 2048x2048 textures. since the area quadruples when the sides double that means that four 1024px textures fit in one 2048 texture, which means that it would fit the texture of a single new X-Digimon 8 times over. and since we know that Linkz supports not one but two textures of that size on a single model that means that technically they could, if they keep the same size ratio, have enough texture space for a digimon with 16 times as much detail as Omegamon X. That's more than enough and they probably won't even need to go that high. So it's not much of a problem technically just a matter of how hard they want to work their artists. But since most newer models are really nice and accurate I have high hopes...

Hopefully not. They are already struggling to integrate X-antibody Digimon with the others because of their very specific origin story and such. A second convoluted backstory for some kind of Y virus to justify the existence of an Y-Antibody strikes me as ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    Those are very different from X-antibodies though since they basically exist solely to advertise the NX toyline and don't have any kind of lore impact. I don't see big chances for any of them to appear in another context.
    Last edited by Theigno; 06-21-2018 at 03:11 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast