With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: Images and Details for tri. Glasses Line

  1. #1

    Images and Details for tri. Glasses Line

    After finding out about these awhile ago, we have a ton of details all at once!

    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    Details for the line of limited edition Digimon Adventure tri. eyewear! We've seen these on display and gotten various details, but Megane Ichiba have updated their website with a ton of new details and images.

    First up is the artwork of all the characters for the collaboration. It's really nice artwork. Hikari especially has a ton of energy that helps her stand out a bit.



    Next up, images and info on all the glasses.

    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    The Glasses of Courage are Wellington-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
    Front: Greymon's helmet
    Back: Agumon Colored
    Shape: Taichi's Goggles
    Outside Temple: WarGreymon's Horn Pattern
    Left Inner Temple: MetalGreymon's Trident Arm
    Right Inner Temple: Giga Destroyer Chest Hatch
    Temple Tips: Greymon's Body Color
    Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Courage


    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    The Glasses of Friendship are Square-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
    Front: Gabumon's Fur Color
    Temple Insides: MetalGarurumon's Nose/Laser Sight with a cloisonne decoration
    Left Outside Temple: WereGarurumon's Arm bangles
    Right Outside Temple: Gabumon's Horn, which is laser-etched
    Temple Tips: Garurumon's Body Color
    Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Friendship


    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    The Glasses of Love are Oval-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
    Front: Piyomon and Birdramon's Body Color
    Temples: Birdramon's Meteor Wing Color
    Outer Temples: Hououmon's Tails, etched and with red cloisonne
    Inner Temples: Piyomon's silver anklet, which is metallic
    Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Love


    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    The Glasses of Knowledge are Round-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
    Front: HerculesKabuterimon Body Color, using a matte gold metal
    Temples: Kabuterimon and AtlurKabuterimon's body colors
    Left Outer Temple: AtlurKabuterimon's Back
    Right Outer Temple: Tentomon's Back and Horn Motifs
    Inner Temples: Kabuterimon's Muscles
    Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Knowledge


    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    The Glasses of Purity are Boston-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
    Front: Palmon Colors
    Outer Eye Corner: Based on Togemon's Chikuchiku Bang Bang attack
    Temples: The Flower on Togermon's head, using antique gold, and the vines from Lilymon's head
    Temple Tips: Rosemon's Body Color
    Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Purity

    The glasses Palmon was wearing in the final scene of tri. Part 6 were based on these frames.


    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    The Glasses of Sincerity are Wellington-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
    Front: Based on Ikkakumon's eye area
    Outer Temples: Vikemon's Glove Colors, Vikemon's Mjolnir pattern is etched and uses cloisonne, and elements of Vikemon's shoulder armor using metallic parts.
    Inner Temples: Zudomon's Body Color
    Right Inner Temple Tip: Gomamon's Ear
    Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Sincerity

    The glasses Jou was wearing in the final scene of tri. Part 6 were based on these frames.


    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    The Glasses of Hope are Square-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
    Front: Patamon's Body Color
    Outer Eye Corner: Feathers, based on Patamon's evolution sequences
    Temples: Based on Angemon's blue cloth, with the patterns from Angemon's leg
    Inner Temple Tip: Based on Seraphimon's Waist Armor, etched and uses gold cloisonne
    Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of Hope


    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    The Glasses of Light are Boston-type frames, and the references to the characters on them are:
    Front: Holydramon's Body Colors
    Temples: Based on Angewomon's garments and wings
    Front Temples, near the Lenses: Stripes based on Tailmon's tail
    Left Front Temple: Gold, based on Tailmon's Holy Ring
    Left Inner Temple Tip: The 3 studs on Angewomon's glove
    Right Inner Temple Tip: The cross on Angewomon's mask
    Left Outer Temple Tip: Crest of LIght

    Tailmon wears these glases in the final scene of tri. Part 6.



    Lots of different design flourishes to represent the Digimon on the glasses!

    We will hopefully add measurements soon.



    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    Each pair of glasses costs 16,200 yen and includes the frames, lenses, a case, and a wipe for the glasses.

    The case has a digivice design on it. They don't show the design for the wipes so far, but if I had to guess, it'll feature the collaboration artwork.

    The also clarify that there are more than 30 types of lenses that won't increase the price of the glasses.



    The glasses will be available at numerous Megane Ichiba shops (to numerous to list) that are listed in the link above.


    They will be available August 1st, and stores won't have sample frames before that date.

    These will be limited and once they are sold out they are sold out.

    In addition, these are 'real' glasses, they will not sell you frames only as a collector's item.




    To end with, more images of the art. First up, higher resolution versions of the kids and Digimon. Nice to get them higher resolution, even if they aren't full body shots.

    Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)


    And last up for now, some nice tile style images images of the kids, Digimon, and their crests (I kind of expect the cleaning cloth/wipe to look like these.)




    Update- Added translations of the various design elements thanks to garm.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  2. #2
    They look strange with the glasses except Jyou

  3. #3
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,337
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Joe finally isn't alone.

    And poor Meiko has been killed in merchandise since the end of Tri

    and you know what's interesting? they used the dub terms for the crests. Also the name Joe.
    Last edited by Muur; 06-18-2018 at 10:27 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    and you know what's interesting? they used the dub terms for the crests. Also the name Joe.
    They've done both of those for quite a decent chunk of time at this point.

    Joe is easy to find in products. The crest names less so, mostly because they don't spell them out in English.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  5. #5
    Ain't got no mojo... HawkG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4
    That's a nice reference to the 2nd ending of Adventure.

  6. #6
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,337
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    and you know what's interesting? they used the dub terms for the crests. Also the name Joe.
    They've done both of those for quite a decent chunk of time at this point.

    Joe is easy to find in products. The crest names less so, mostly because they don't spell them out in English.
    Fair enough. I still find it interesting that they repeatedly use the dub terms and names over and over. Almost like they're stating all dub terms are canon in Japan.

  7. #7
    So, it is only available when bought with eye measurements? Is this available on the day and not via Pre-Order? Does Proxy normally take this kind of purchase?

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Digimon'sDigitalWill View Post
    So, it is only available when bought with eye measurements? Is this available on the day and not via Pre-Order? Does Proxy normally take this kind of purchase?
    Very few proxies will go to events to pick up stuff for people, it's why people find small person run online shops that do.

    I can't imagine anyone will be willing to deal with prescriptions, etc. without the person being with them, but you can always ask.


    We aren't listing the normal intermediary notes because with this having to do with eyesight, additional oddities might come up in miscommunication etc., it could be somewhat serious if something goes wrong since it might be incredibly hard to get fixed (minus going to a local store and simply having them make entirely new lenses.)

    Megane Ichiba 'does' have an online shop, which will stock them, but they will not ship overseas.


    If you aren't going to be in Japan around the release date, and really want to try, I recommend looking at our normal intermediary message and try contacting one of them, but I expect they'd say no.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Digimon'sDigitalWill View Post
    So, it is only available when bought with eye measurements? Is this available on the day and not via Pre-Order? Does Proxy normally take this kind of purchase?
    Very few proxies will go to events to pick up stuff for people, it's why people find small person run online shops that do.

    I can't imagine anyone will be willing to deal with prescriptions, etc. without the person being with them, but you can always ask.


    We aren't listing the normal intermediary notes because with this having to do with eyesight, additional oddities might come up in miscommunication etc., it could be somewhat serious if something goes wrong since it might be incredibly hard to get fixed (minus going to a local store and simply having them make entirely new lenses.)

    Megane Ichiba 'does' have an online shop, which will stock them, but they will not ship overseas.


    If you aren't going to be in Japan around the release date, and really want to try, I recommend looking at our normal intermediary message and try contacting one of them, but I expect they'd say no.
    That is the gist I thought of the situation. Thanks for the details/suggestion. I guess I will try that out.

  10. #10
    I come from the net NekoHaruko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Digital World - Beach Side
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,005
    These glasses are sure cute. My prescription is like -12. Those lenses are probably too big for the frames. Shame. I'd like to have that fiber cloth of Hikari or sora. Guess I'll have to wait and see if anyone sells them separately.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •