With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Would you like more lgbt representation in digimon?

Ain't got no mojo... doucheachu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by doucheachu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boredmon View Post
    You guys missed an obvious example of lgbt representation

i know he's a npc and not a main or important character but, he's not a walking stereotype nor it's a shipbait kind of situation, dude just casually says he's gay that's cool
    This got me wondering: when the fella is with Arata later, Arata gets so flustered explaining who he is. Is Arata not hetero either?
    Pretty sure that was just a reused model. Otherwise "hot guy" is everywhere, lol.
    Really? I've only run into two versions of that model - in the Lilymon quest and in Eden in the comic book quest. Any others you know of?

Edit: Now that I've been paying proper attention, there are many uses of this model in both CS and CS:HM.
    Last edited by doucheachu; 02-19-2019 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Corrected

Ain't got no mojo... D O R U g o r a m o n's Avatar
    I second TMS. I prefer Digimon for the epic monster battles, and could care less about romance.

A number of posts have been removed

Insulting people is not acceptable, and the thread will be locked if it continues.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo... Purple Recolor Censorship's Avatar
    Visit Purple Recolor Censorship's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by D O R U g o r a m o n View Post
    I second TMS. I prefer Digimon for the epic monster battles, and could care less about romance.
    I get where you're coming from, but I feel like Digimon is at its best when it's about people, even when some of those people are giant dragon samurai.
    Anyway, something doesn't have to be romance-heavy to have good LGBT representation; I, for one, prefer more nuanced representation that doesn't make too big a deal out of a character's sexuality/gender identity and just has it be part of the character, especially with kid/teen protagonists like Digimon usually has.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Gonna second PRC, I'm completely fine with representation as long as it's handled well.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213