With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast

Thread: Would you like more lgbt representation in digimon?

I'm not really sure that makes sense to me since a game implies that you're in charge of how the characters develop but okay. I myself like to consider my OTP possibly canon within the lore but that's just me.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Motomiya View Post
    I'm not really sure that makes sense to me since a game implies that you're in charge of how the characters develop but okay. I myself like to consider my OTP possibly canon within the lore but that's just me.
    youre not, 100% of players who play the games will have the exact same story every time, the only difference being what Digimon each person used in their party. there are no choices. Well, technically theres a few, but theyre ones that have no impact on the story like, "what drink do you want from this vending machine?"

no game lets you be "in charge of how they develop" outside of say, the weapons they use or what characters fight against the boss. Even games like Skyrim still follow a main story line. Some games have alternate endings, but Digimon has never done this

youre basically just reading a book/watching an anime - except you play the role of the guys in the story and move them from point A to point B, and fight the bosses but if you lose, you fight it till you win and in canon never lost, etc.

Its kinda like when an actor does a show - theyre playing the role, but they don't choose what their character does, thats already written. Their story was decided already. So Davis' voice actor in season 2 played the role of Davis but had no impact on it himself, he saw it play out like the rest of us

Youre told in game where to go, what to do, when to do it etc. You get no choice.

and again, there's "possibly canon" and "actually canon"
    Last edited by Muur; 10-17-2018 at 10:14 PM.

Ah I see. Thank you for explaining it to me. I understand a bit better now. I wish I was good at games and stuff but I think it's cool that there is lgbt representation in the games.

now all they need is for an LGBT relationship lol. Both gay characters get rejected (a guy and a girl, so they cant just date each other lol)

Yeah that would be interesting. Appmon opened my eyes up to the possibility - like I definitely see Rei as gay. Haru is probably bi. Of course though, like you said, these are just speculations.

I come from the net
    And that's good that it helped you with that. Glad you did.

Ain't got no mojo... LeoWolfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Motomiya View Post
    youre not, 100% of players who play the games will have the exact same story every time, the only difference being what Digimon each person used in their party. there are no choices. Well, technically theres a few, but theyre ones that have no impact on the story like, "what drink do you want from this vending machine?"

no game lets you be "in charge of how they develop" outside of say, the weapons they use or what characters fight against the boss. Even games like Skyrim still follow a main story line. Some games have alternate endings, but Digimon has never done this

youre basically just reading a book/watching an anime - except you play the role of the guys in the story and move them from point A to point B, and fight the bosses but if you lose, you fight it till you win and in canon never lost, etc.

Its kinda like when an actor does a show - theyre playing the role, but they don't choose what their character does, thats already written. Their story was decided already. So Davis' voice actor in season 2 played the role of Davis but had no impact on it himself, he saw it play out like the rest of us

Youre told in game where to go, what to do, when to do it etc. You get no choice.

and again, there's "possibly canon" and "actually canon"
    Um aside from actual raising sims, some text based games such as Academagia and any rpg that lets you choose the characters love interest or if they even have one at all (I tend to friend zone everyone in my Persona games. Well that and troll Yosuke in p4 mwhahaha >). I'm actually curious. If you or anyone else who reads this had to design a digimon game where you could develope the character how you liked. Such as being able to pick the gender at the beggining, who if anyone they fall in love with etc. How would you go about it? And would you all want an LGBT couple as main squad members or as well written side characters?

Ive played all Persona games but who you date isnt relevant to the story, it's never brought up so doesnt matter. survive seems like its going down the route of dating the girls and it actually mattering and will probably be awks when the girl youre dating dies, etc. should be interesting

and if i was doing a game with romance, id make it matter. as much as I love the persona games, the dating aspect isn't important to the story line, you may as well not even be dating

would I put in a gay romance? if it was my game i wouldnt because I like waifus, but I'd hire someone else to write that part of the story with some gay characters

Ain't got no mojo... doucheachu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boredmon View Post
    You guys missed an obvious example of lgbt representation

i know he's a npc and not a main or important character but, he's not a walking stereotype nor it's a shipbait kind of situation, dude just casually says he's gay that's cool
    This got me wondering: when the fella is with Arata later, Arata gets so flustered explaining who he is. Is Arata not hetero either?

Quote Originally Posted by doucheachu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by boredmon View Post
    You guys missed an obvious example of lgbt representation

i know he's a npc and not a main or important character but, he's not a walking stereotype nor it's a shipbait kind of situation, dude just casually says he's gay that's cool
    This got me wondering: when the fella is with Arata later, Arata gets so flustered explaining who he is. Is Arata not hetero either?
    Pretty sure that was just a reused model. Otherwise "hot guy" is everywhere, lol.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2910111213 LastLast