With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Various Digimon Product Pre-Orders- Acrylic Cards, Frames, Phone Cases, & a Towel

I come from the net
    Wow there's so many nice things. Still happy to see stuff even though Tri ended.

Quote Originally Posted by digijuan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagatem View Post
    I really want that lucemon one but I don't like blind bags so unless its a full set in each box I'll have to pass
    I'm still waiting on the day lucemon gets a nice figure
    It's not a blind bag. It's the entire set for just under $120.00.
    Thats not what it says on cd japan under the description/ details
    it says you are not guarantied a full set

Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Nice to have close-up images of the acrylic cards, but... lol... what the hell happened to Koshiro? He looks like an amateur artist drew him in MS Paint. Alphamon has an awesome pose, though, and DoGatchmon is looking so much better than he ever did in the anime. Stupid CGI.
    Ikuto looks even worse :P. Koushirou at least looks like he was taken from one of Digimon movies, but Ikuto...

They're pretty nice, but the price is a murder. I would have to work two entire months without spending a single $ to be able to afford them. Although I only would be interested in Yuujin one.
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

I really want that lucemon one but I don't like blind bags so unless its a full set in each box I'll have to pass
    CDJapan lists that under all sets like this (as do a number of other sites that sell these). Unless it's a set where there are more items that you get in a box you should get the full set of product. They are blind packed in that you can't see what's in each individual package until you open them, but from my experience in buying these types of things from other series, you will get the full set by purchasing a master case like this. The disclaimer is basically there in the event that it doesn't work like that I suppose.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    Nice to have close-up images of the acrylic cards, but... lol... what the hell happened to Koshiro? He looks like an amateur artist drew him in MS Paint. Alphamon has an awesome pose, though, and DoGatchmon is looking so much better than he ever did in the anime. Stupid CGI.
    Ikuto looks even worse :P. Koushirou at least looks like he was taken from one of Digimon movies, but Ikuto...
    What's wrong with Ikuto's? I have checked the HD version of CDJapan with his Toei control art and they look virtually the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    What's wrong with Ikuto's? I have checked the HD version of CDJapan with his Toei control art and they look virtually the same!
    Like we say in Poland, he has an expression of a shitting cat on the desert .

But in reality he does look kinda different than he looked in the anime. At least I think so.

Quote Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
    CDJapan lists that under all sets like this (as do a number of other sites that sell these). Unless it's a set where there are more items that you get in a box you should get the full set of product. They are blind packed in that you can't see what's in each individual package until you open them, but from my experience in buying these types of things from other series, you will get the full set by purchasing a master case like this. The disclaimer is basically there in the event that it doesn't work like that I suppose.
    Example appmon chips i have not gotten full sets from boxes and they are blind bags in a full sealed box, so I don't trust blind bags

Quote Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
    Example appmon chips i have not gotten full sets from boxes and they are blind bags in a full sealed box, so I don't trust blind bags
    I'm not sure appmon chips are the type of thing they expect people to be trying to get one of each, so it's possible that's part of the reason (also, is one full box of appmon chips provide more product that a whole set contains? As I mentioned, if a full set of something is say 25, but a master case is only 20, then it will be true blind box). But for example, blind boxed poster sets I've bought always end up giving full set+2 since you buy cases of 12 posters but there's 10 posters in a set. Same thing with bromide cards, the set is something like 40 cards and you buy master cases of 52 cards, I've always gotten full sets from them.

I suppose if you're worried, you can wait until they come out and get feedback from people who did buy a full case, though your risk the product being unavailable. Otherwise a good way to find out would be to see if you can find out how the manufacturer has packed other series' products of a similar nature. This manufacturer seems to be making collectible products for other series, so there may be information out there as to whether a master case of collectibles really contains one of each.

2 chips per pack 12 packs per box 24 chips per box, 28 chips in set 1, 24 in 3/4, 17 in 6
    even with sets 2-6 you are not guaranteed to get all the chips in the set for one box when the number you get are equal to the set or more then the set, so I'm paranoid and will just hope someone sells the lucemon acrylic card online

I noticed that one of the japanese online stores stocking the new products had really nice images of the acrylic stands. Unfortunately most of the artwork is weirdly jagged for most of them but a few weren't so I decided to make backgroundless versions of those that looked good... because I guess that's just what I automatically do.

Image Thumbnail (custom)Image Thumbnail (custom)Image Thumbnail (custom)
    Image Thumbnail (custom)Image Thumbnail (custom)

...They also got a ludicrously high res image of the art on the evolution towel. Btw, I'm kind of dissapointed that Agumon is literally the only Digimon represented in the tri artstyle on that one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast