With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Habu Teases New Digimon Game

Hmm...as long as it's a good game then I wouldn't care even if it is "filler" while we wait for the next Story game (which hopefully is still coming out).

I just hope it's not a mobile/smartphone game.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by kintang View Post
    I just hope it's not a mobile/smartphone game.
    Habu hasn't been involved in a single Smartphone game so far, so we can assume for sure it'll be a console game.

I'm going digital
    First, there's no way it's gonna be a mobile/smartphone game. We have ReArise for this year already, and still TBA.

Second, with said "slightly different concept" might tease that it's going to be an RPG. So I think the digimon dating sim one won't happen, except if it's one of included feature in next game. At least Habumon is a trustworthy person, and this won't be the case of Next 0rder that did sudden change for the producer into gundam-guy. Though I wonder who's gonna work on this one, I mean the developer. I bet that Media.Vision won't be in this one, but I really hope they also do outsource from other trustworthy developer, like... platinumgames (just a dream, but a man can dream).

Third, as long as it's Habumon, I'll cross my finger.

so we might get a new digimon reveal in the next few months yay
    i wonder if we will see hudiemon in it?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Habu did Championship? cuz that game is the worst of all time

and I would hope Hudiemon returns as I don't want anything removed other than the NX forms

Follow AliceKaninchenbau On Twitter Visit AliceKaninchenbau's Youtube Channel Add AliceKaninchenbau on DeviantArt
    Please for the love of god let it be a Partner Digimon Simulator

Just smash a v-pet/AI, Pokémon-Amie and an in-depth personality test together. I just want my very own partner Digimon Bandai, that's all I want

I come from the net The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    First, there's no way it's gonna be a mobile/smartphone game. We have ReArise for this year already, and still TBA.

Second, with said "slightly different concept" might tease that it's going to be an RPG. So I think the digimon dating sim one won't happen, except if it's one of included feature in next game. At least Habumon is a trustworthy person, and this won't be the case of Next 0rder that did sudden change for the producer into gundam-guy. Though I wonder who's gonna work on this one, I mean the developer. I bet that Media.Vision won't be in this one, but I really hope they also do outsource from other trustworthy developer, like... platinumgames (just a dream, but a man can dream).

Third, as long as it's Habumon, I'll cross my finger.
    Cyber Sleuth and Hacker's Memory are already RPGs...so that wouldn't be something new.
    Maybe a Fighting Game? Last Japanese one was Championship...but then, if he's developing this with the west in mind, we had All-Star Rumble not too long ago...

Maybe it'll still be an RPG, but cap you at one partner and give you a party of other DigiDestined with their own partners, instead?
    This is just a note to say that I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Annoyingly, I was never told whether it was 'just' high-functioning autism, or Asperger's syndrome), so if I don't make sense, or am incoherent, please ask what it is I mean politely. Thank you~

Looks like a lot of actually new stuff is going on in the franchise, that makes me happy. I hope the situation is that of the game having potentially "morphed" as Marc put it in the OP. Might have started out as a big story game but as development went ton they could have come up with lots of new concepts and mechanics that would separate it too much from the rest until they just dropped the "Story" part. That would have been neat, and if it was the case maybe we'll get a confirmation in some interview at some point (I'll need to visit that Digimon game portal more in the future...)
    Or the story title could still be in development at the same time I guess. I'd rather have future Story games be the filler games between bigger titles. It's the new "challenging" concepts that need more effort and ideally also more of a budget. Iterating the same "Story" gameplay potentially still on the same engine is the kind of stuff they can do in between.

I like that Habu image in one of the earlier post just because of how much they needed to stretch stuff in terms of relevancy lol.

Im hoping a Digimon warriors game ^O^ lol

A different Rumble Arena would be nice...not like all stars xD

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast