With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Habu Teases New Digimon Game

Habu Teases New Digimon Game

Another staff member commenting on stuff!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Digimon game producer Habu has made a few interesting tweets teasing a new game.

Based on his comments it isn't a Story game though, which begs the question... was the prior Story game he talking about cancelled, did it morph into this 'new' game, or is this a separate project entirely.

His comments...

In titles that I am involved with,
    The sales ratio between overseas and domestic is roughly overseas 3: domestic 1.
    Good non-Japanese sales for games he's involved with in general.

I may be able to announce a new development in the summer. My next work is not a series, I'll be challenging a slightly different concept.
    It won't be a Story series or a World series. I consider it a new attempt at the subject.
    It'll be interesting to see what this 'slightly different concept' and 'new attempt' is.

And of course, since many people enjoy the Digimon Story games, it'll be interesting to see what's going on with what was announced before (especially since Habu alluded to the Story game having been in the midst of development for quite awhile.)

Thanks to onkei for the translations.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Another filler game before the big sexy Story PS4 game.

Or at least I hope so, your comments have me worried they've cancelled that one

It could be another "Adventure PSP" situation. Or like, Rumble Arena 4 (though his company work more on turn based RPGs than fighting games)

If this is a new game and not the PS4 one discussed before, it might actually be available on a console I own! *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Saver View Post
    If this is a new game and not the PS4 one discussed before, it might actually be available on a console I own! *crosses fingers*
    The PS4 title was said to be a Story game and whilst this filler game will probably be on Vita (or not, since Vita games are being moved to digital only), I can see it also being a mainly PS4 aimed title

It could be what Habu dreams of.

A cheaply made Digimon dating sim.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    It could be what Habu dreams of.

A cheaply made Digimon dating sim.
    As long as I get to date the Sistermon and Lillymon.

I'd throw my betting money under this still being the same game, but dropping the Story label because he doesn't think it fits. As long as it's a PS4-designed game, instead of another handheld, I'll be happy. And I'll probably still be happy anyways, since it'd get ported anyways, lol.

I don't think a dating game would be localised tbh

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    *Insert false hope for a Switch release here*

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Oh my god this man is my hero!! I've been wanting for something new to the most classical Story & World concepts, and here we go! Maybe something that mixes up both? Wonder if the Olympos XII will be involved somehow as it was teased before ^_^ I'm looking forward to know more about it!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast