With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your hopes for the possible anime sequel of Tamers?

New plot pitch: Guilmon opens a bread shop, but his archenemy, Guilmon, keeps eating all his bread before he can sell it.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I'd like to see a similar good story as Tamers was. Tamers story was very original in the Digimon anime universe. As it had many facts that were different than Adventure.
    Even though they had a good story, they kept things real by making the chosen children, actually be children and don't do too extreme stuff. Even though some were a bit too extreme, but this is a show.

For a good reason I'd like not to point out. I don't want Tamers 2018 to be like tri. Tri had it's good parts, but I don't think it was in any way great. So I hope they do things differently. Which is why I'd also like for Konaka to return as the director.

Other than those, I'd like to see the rest of the chosen in their younger ages. Like get them back as well. It will be weird for only Takato to be a child. Just like in Katekyo Hitman Reborn happened. Tsuna went to the future and then later the others also came and replaced their older versions.

Ain't got no mojo... NeoDarklight's Avatar
    Cross-posting from the Digimon Tamers BD thread, because I think it's more relevant to here than it is to there.

It just occurred to me something that was bothering me about the CD Drama- the very part where "Future"!Yamaki was doing the Wise Old Mentor thing clashed with one of Tamers' underlying themes that was probably accidental in retrospect- rather than having fate or the plot force their destiny upon them, the Tamers actively sought out their Digimon partners and made the story happen, rather than let the story happen to them. The way the "time travel" was handled, Yamaki ended up taking the role of the Old Guy Who Knows Important Stuff, telling Time Traveled Takato what to do, rather than any of the characters currently being proactive in the here and now about their actions, rather than in the background. That's the bit that felt forced, that made the whole thing feel like it wasn't really Tamers to me. The same thing applied to Malice Bot, in how it was introduced.

Mind, I know how the D-Reaper thing was like an outside influence that only came in play later on, but at least the way it was presented, it still fit, as it was an unforeseeable problem brought on by a fundamental aspect of the setting. Malice Bot could have been introduced in a better manner that way.

Honestly, I hope that, rather than continuing on from the CD Drama as is, it would be better to rewrite the whole thing into either a standalone movie where just it was the plot, and how to deal with it with time travel, or rewrite it into something that comes up throughout the sequel series, rather than just being introduced all at one. You know, like hint at its existence, show some of what its effects are here and there, perhaps show another side to it- scratch that, definitely show another side to it- that we weren't expecting, to make it more comprehensible as to how it came to be what it is, and tie it in to themes inherent to Tamers, like bonds being sought out proactively, rather than some deity forcing a Digimon partner upon an unsuspecting human and hoping for the best via Batman Gambits. Maybe show how doing such can backfire horribly, and then how to fix it from there. Then the final arc climaxes, and we get a resolution in a slightly-unexpected-yet-hinted-at way.

...I think I may have stumbled upon the formula in a really roundabout manner.

Ain't got no mojo... Rothstein94's Avatar
    Toei mostly focuses on domestic success. Not sure how successful was the 2001/2002 premiere of Tamers in Japan, but I think I've heard that it did worse than Adventure 02 in TV ratings (contrary to my former beliefs). I'll still keep my fingers crossed.

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaioumon View Post
    New plot pitch: Guilmon opens a bread shop, but his archenemy, Guilmon, keeps eating all his bread before he can sell it.
    That gave me a good chuckle
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

I come from the net
    I also thought it was funny. Could be a good joke.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Rothstein94 View Post
    Toei mostly focuses on domestic success. Not sure how successful was the 2001/2002 premiere of Tamers in Japan, but I think I've heard that it did worse than Adventure 02 in TV ratings (contrary to my former beliefs). I'll still keep my fingers crossed.
    And frontier also had worse ratings than Tamers, and so on and on. It went downhill everytime new series was announced. It was worse than 02 coz one exact reason: not an adventure series.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    And frontier also had worse ratings than Tamers, and so on and on. It went downhill everytime new series was announced. It was worse than 02 coz one exact reason: not an adventure series.
    a similar thing is, tri is more popular than appmon overall, but the ''hardcore'' fans who watch every series look up drama cd and manga, games etc. usually like appmon more

Ain't got no mojo...
    for me I prefer Frontier and Tamers over Adventure and I also find their topics way more complicated and matured than Adventure's ones

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    Plot: I'd like to expand more on the new Tamers Drama CV with a new boss that was responsible but undetected for D-reaper going out of control in the original series
    Could be that one of the Wild Bunch had secretly gone rogue. Or perhaps Shibumi left an imprint of his shadow psyche while jacked into the Digital World for a decade, which might have had the same effect. It would be a very DIGIMON thing to do, since the very conceit of the Digital World is that it arose as a sort of general imprint of data from the human Net; and the digital imprint of a particular human could serve several additional narrative purposes: a prime opportunity for an evil tamer, a deeper exploration of AI themes, and a further development of the whole biomerge mechanic, which Iíd love to see in any case.

Chiaki J. Konaka will most likely be the head writer for Tamers anime sequel[.]
    He really has to be, as much as the original Tamers manifested his signature style. Other than Gen Urobuchi, I canít even think of another writer in whom I would have faith to do even a serviceable job.

[T]he D-Reaper has been regressed to its basic form, not utterly defeated.
    True, you could introduce a new villain who revitalises it, rather than revealing that someone was behind the initial outbreak. Who knows, maybe the new D-Reaper could force X-evolutions. I certainly wouldnít mind seeing Mediśval Dukemon and Beelzebumon X on screen.

As for Leomon, I hope he will not get any flashbacks, and I'd give him only a reference or two in script. Thus making his death definitive, with no thoughts of any characters attempting to bring him back to life. This might come off as a turn-off for some fans, but that's how the Tamers universe is - tough and serious.
    I think itís all the more serious if they do dwell on him and how heíll never come back to life. To that end, Iíd like to see them develop Juriís relationship with Culumon as her new partner, which they seemed to be doing at the very end of Tamers. Perhaps a relationship with a tamer of his own could kindle the last remnants of his evolutionary power to enable him to evolve into Marsmon, which both matches Culumonís colour scheme and which I have always interpreted as a sort of hypothetical ultimate for Leomon, given his introduction two months after Tamers ended and the fact that he evolved from Grappleomon in his earliest card.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast