With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your hopes for the possible anime sequel of Tamers?

Ain't got no mojo... Rothstein94's Avatar

Your hopes for the possible anime sequel of Tamers?

Write what do you expect/would like to see in the next Tamers anime in terms of

- plot

- character development

- the series tone

- exploring concepts/introducing new ones

- switching genres

Add whatever quality you believe the series may continue to embrace, or develop.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Plot: I'd like to expand more on the new Tamers Drama CV with a new boss that was responsible but undetected for D-reaper going out of control in the original series

Character development: this will be similar to Tri with original kids dealing with issues of growing up. More backstory/screen time for Ryo to explain how Ryo jumped from Adventure-verse to Tamers universe with references to the Adventure games

Exploring concepts: I'd like to see tamers using their D-arcs to produce weapons to defend themselves/help their digimon partners. I saw Ryo using it once in the original series to tame Cyberdramon and I was very impressed so I'd like to expand more on that

Series tone/switching genres: keep the tone more or less the same as the original and as for genre of the series I'd really love to be more focused on romance e.g. Takato & Jeri; Rika & Ryo etc

Please get the director from original Tamers series to return plus people who can do anime romance well

Above all else, I'd like them to follow Appmon's example and continue to tie modern, relevant scientific concepts like artificial intelligence and synthetic life into the plot and themes of the show. For a franchise that's arguably all about AI and its relationship to humanity, it's almost embarrassing that it took them about 20 years to actually talk about it at length. And just think, if they decide to aim at an older audience with a Tamers sequel, like they did with tri. and Cyber Sleuth, they could go even deeper than Appmon could!

Other than that, I really want them to do something interesting with Ryou for once. I'll defend him as a character any day, but even I have to admit he was mostly just wasted in Tamers. Even though Konaka doesn't actually hate Ryou as a lot of Western fans claim, it does feel a lot like he was put in there just because someone higher up asked for it. But there's so much interesting stuff from his backstory you could draw from. And I don't just mean trying to tie the story into knots to explain how he got to Tamers-verse from Adventure-verse, I mean something like, dealing with the emotional aftereffects of being spatiotemporally displaced, or how he technically has two partners fused into one, one of which is an evil godlike abomination that wants to kill and/or do him.

Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    Plot: I'd like to expand more on the new Tamers Drama CV with a new boss that was responsible but undetected for D-reaper going out of control in the original series

Character development: this will be similar to Tri with original kids dealing with issues of growing up. More backstory/screen time for Ryo to explain how Ryo jumped from Adventure-verse to Tamers universe with references to the Adventure games

Exploring concepts: I'd like to see tamers using their D-arcs to produce weapons to defend themselves/help their digimon partners. I saw Ryo using it once in the original series to tame Cyberdramon and I was very impressed so I'd like to expand more on that

Series tone/switching genres: keep the tone more or less the same as the original and as for genre of the series I'd really love to be more focused on romance e.g. Takato & Jeri; Rika & Ryo etc

Please get the director from original Tamers series to return plus people who can do anime romance well
    Chiaki J. Konaka will most likely be the head writer for Tamers anime sequel, unless Toei put someone else instead. Konaka stated he wants to be in charge. I wonder if Yukio Kaizawa will be involved in the sequel.

Plot: I agree with the idea of plot expansion upon the new Tamers Drama CV, although I wish the pilot will be also animated and take like the first 1-2 episodes or so. This would obviously happen, if Konaka goes on to do the show. I'm giving my imagination a break, as I have a 100% faith in Konaka delivering a compelling concept and role for the new villain.

Character Development: Tamers (season 3) and the Chosen Ones (Adventure), when comparing these two group of protagonists, I feel like Tamers are more mature and act better as a team, considering that the Chosen Ones had issues in relationships within the group, even much later in the latter half. This is a fair comparison since both groups are of the same age. Thus, I think Tamers should deal with issues concerning generally adult people, besides they are 28 years old now. Taichi and the rest are about 16-17 years old in Tri. Frankly, I don't care much about Ryo, but a spinoff focusing on his backstory would be a great thing imo. I dont want his past to take a significant part in the sequel.

Exploring concepts: I feel like Konaka might focus on this "Another World" that is beneath the deepest of the depths of Tamers Digital World or outside of the world uttery. It is sketched in one of Konaka's diagrams, and its the place that the D-Reaper had been connected with, as hinted by Monster Makers at the very end of the original, if my memory serves me correct.

Tone: I'd like for the series to take on even darker routes than the original did, or just remain at the same level.
    Last edited by Rothstein94; 05-29-2018 at 10:02 AM.

Mixed feelings abound. On the one hand, I am very fond of the Tamers cast and would love to see them again. On the other hand, Konaka (assuming he's involved) has a particularly bad habit of ruining happy endings for no real reason, and an established pattern of making things worse, also for no real reason. And I don't particularly care to see the Tamers crew suffer any more.

Given that Tamers draws inspiration from real life computer history there are a number of things that would be interesting to explore. Given that this would presumably start with Ryo in the main cast, it would be neat to develop plot threads regarding his history, examining things like the Atanasoff-Berry and ENIAC, maybe even throw something of Milleniumon in there. Explain how he even has folks in this continuity. Make an alien dimension out of DARPAnet or some other pre-WWW model of networking. There's lots and lots of cool stuff to do.
    It's all part of the mystery or whatever.

Well, the series that earned Konaka a reputation as a writer we know him to be, are most commonly described as bleak, weird, grim and downright confusing. He even went full nihilistic with some works. I wouldn't really expect happy endings from these kind of animes. But stories dont always depend entirely on him, as he is sometimes given only script to write. Even Digimon Tamers (when he almost owned the entire show and was given the most freedom) gave us a skeptic glimpse of the future of mankind with the statement that the D-Reaper has been regressed to its basic form, not utterly defeated. A happy ending? Maybe. But certainly not a safe one. I'm not aware of any sequels he was attached to, but there are happy endings in some stories, they are just not as often. I also have never heard of anyone ever complaining about his endings.

I hope they keep the same art-style for the sequel. I liked a realistic and simple designs of adult characters. Just do the same with Tamers, only with bigger eyes to make them stand out, and no huge round faces this time.
    Last edited by Rothstein94; 06-01-2018 at 02:50 PM.

My hope would be that Ryo gets the same treatment as the 02 kids in Tri, and that Kazu and Kenta get to be cool.

While I don't really like Tamers' Ryou, I think it would be nice to have him in that new Tamers. More nicer would be if his Digimon would go berserk and split into Millenniummon and Monodramon. We would have a new old villain, and perhaps Ryou would be thrown into a yet another dimension (in which he would meet traveling Wisemon and Adventure's/Xros Wars' Wizardmon :P).

It would be nice if Hirokazu and Kenta would get more spotlight, but with their current Digimons I don't think it's even possible..).
    Speedy like wind, gradually like forest, aggressively like fire, immovably like mountain, secretly like shadow, actively like thunder.

I come from the net
    Oh yeah. I guess we're only thinking of the main three. ...I hope Juri's fine now. Don't think she'd be able to handle something again. ...Was she mentioned in the radio play?

I know what I want for a future tamers probably isn't within the realm of possibility, but...

Plot: The D-reaper latched onto Cyberdramon just like it latched onto Juri in Tamers. (Maybe it was when the tamers and their partners biomerge became unstable and they separated while still inside the d-reaper in the final episode). Because it's attached to Cyberdramon, it starts feeding off of Zeedmilleniumon who, according to the wonderswan games, is currently inside Cyberdramon. Just like how it fed off of Juri's depression, this time, due to Zeed's already f*cked up and unstable mind, the D-reaper starts to grow more powerful and is attempting deleting everything with no clear motive. This eventually becomes the Malice Bot that Yamaki is trying to stop.

Character Development: I honestly don't think takato, Jenrya, and Ruki need any. They got all they needed and then some in the original series. It would be nice for Kazu and Kenta and maybe Jenrya's little sister to get some development to make them feel like equals to the main trio.

Quote Originally Posted by Unknown Neo View Post
    Oh yeah. I guess we're only thinking of the main three. ...I hope Juri's fine now. Don't think she'd be able to handle something again. ...Was she mentioned in the radio play?
    Yup and she's still suffering just a tad bit to this day. Takato disappeared to look to guilmon when he was a kid and never returned, leaving Juri, who's now an adult to wait every day for him to come home. I feel like Tamers isn't truly Tamers unless Juri is sad about something lol

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast