With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure/02 Director Kakudou Resigns from New Digimon Project

Junior Commander AliceKaninchenbau's Avatar
    Follow AliceKaninchenbau On Twitter Visit AliceKaninchenbau's Youtube Channel Add AliceKaninchenbau on DeviantArt
    This is such a weird situation we're in right now...

On one hand it's not like Kakudou was a perfect writer who always made the best decisions and whose writing was 100% consistent with itself having no plotholes, so him not being involved may not be a bad thing or a bad sign... On the other hand Adventure/Zero Two are his babies so him leaving the new project (which, from the look of things, is probably going to be Adventure 4) is definitely depressing, like we know Kakudou loves his stories so him leaving the project over creative differences is sad, I feel bad for the guy. And then there's the fact that Kakudou, the guy who had a fairly fluid view of the rules and lore of Adventure, left the project over inconsistancies to the pre-established lore..?

Like either that means that Kakudou didn't like where the new project is going (artistic vision and what-not), or even Kakudou has a limit to how fluid the continuity of Adventure is and the new project crossed that line. Either there's very little trouble, or we might be in a whole lot of trouble... And not knowing which is kind of concerning... Like the issue here could be anything from the new project changing how the rules of evolution or death/rebirth work to something like "Luke Skywalker tried to kill Ben Solo"; we don't know where the problem is and depending on where it is the issue might not be as bad as it might seem, or it could be a million times worse.

We're not in an "abandon ship" situation here, not yet, but we might be heading there... Tread with caution

On a lighter note, the 20th Anniversary project has been in production since last year? So it's almost been in production for 6 months?? Yeah we are definitely going to hear stuff about it at the Thanksgiving Event in July

Putting aside my annoyance that everything continues to point towards yet another adventure sequel, I'm not really bothered by this news. I'm a sucker for continuity (And no, I don't think tri has much actual continuity errors) so for me the worst case scenario would be that the new plot has big contradictions/revisions in that aspect, like pretending Adventure happened in the 15th century or turning Jou into a talking carrot with everyone pretending that he's always been that.
    If it's anything else I'm probably totally on board with it. I think tri could have been far more different and taken much greater risks. I want Digimon to feel truly new and if we're looking at a project that contains changes, of any sort, that are bold enough that previous staff sees it as "incompatible", I would go as far as to say that it's good news to me.
    I wouldn't get much out of a faithful sequel to something that I have little interest in seeing more of, so if they just have to go the sequel route I'm all for something very different.
    I'm not entirely there yet but I might be on the way to get actually hyped up for this a bit.

Irrelevant but relevant. Is the mysterious man even mystreious anymore. I think it's clear that he is Yggdrasil but instead of inhabiting humans like Hikari he uses their avatar or something. Gennai for the DW and Kaiser for the Real one. The real Gennai was in stasis with the 02 children...

Quote Originally Posted by AliceKaninchenbau View Post
    This is such a weird situation we're in right now...

On one hand it's not like Kakudou was a perfect writer who always made the best decisions and whose writing was 100% consistent with itself having no plotholes, so him not being involved may not be a bad thing or a bad sign... On the other hand Adventure/Zero Two are his babies so him leaving the new project (which, from the look of things, is probably going to be Adventure 4) is definitely depressing, like we know Kakudou loves his stories so him leaving the project over creative differences is sad, I feel bad for the guy.
    Indeed 02 had many plot holes... and so did tri... I hope if the next project is a continuation they fix that. Also Id want less yada yada yada and talking and more action. Its not like tri. had no room to breathe. The talking was many times less about char development and more about needless teen drama IMHO. The char development was spot on including the Ultimate evo prophecy but it didnt need that much talk and talk and talk I think.

PS sorry for the double post... I dont know how to merge them now...
    Last edited by Theigno; 05-28-2018 at 07:22 AM. Reason: double post merge

i wonder what kind of aliens? like real world aliens, digimon aliens or maybe real world aliens that are using digimon aliens
    anyway i just hope the next project could finish eveything tri didn't finish

I'm going digital
    I dunno how Keitarou had succeeded with his anime adaptation from novels. Most of works he was as director did not receive good reception from fans especially who read the novels, also the next 2 shows Keitarou are going to work next fall is from generic isekai novel which had bad sense of naming, not really sure whether it will be booming.

About next Adv anime, meh, I'd really prefer they work on a new series, don't care if they hire new director for it. I mean, non-Adventure person working on adventure series will be worse than the person who worked on it before, same as how non-Tamers person working on Tamers. It will be wrecked. I know Kakudou's fault on 02, but at least 02 is still better than Tri, both by animation, graphic, plot, character development, and any other one.

Add Grovyle48 on DeviantArt
    It's funny how Tri-bashers will take any excuse to b*tch about Tri. It's a bit stale now, and rather sad that they can't let other people enjoy it.

I don't know whether this is good news or bad news at the moment. If it's true that it's a continuation of the Adventure franchise, I'd have preferred a new continuity, but there's nothing saying that they can't also release a new show concurrently like they did with Appmon. I'm just glad we're getting a new Digimon show, whatever form that might take. I'm hoping that we get to see more diverse Digimon.

lol Hope that alien idea is not true.....its like Ultra Beasts Digimon Version xD

I wouldnt mind a sequel with the children. They can share digieggs between each other maybe?

I'm going digital
    a new digimon show is good, but if it's always about adventure, it will be oversaturrated, and I'm sure people will feel bored too. TOEI needs to work on an effective direction with future digimon anime, I mean why they don't take example from Pokemon Sun/Moon anime? It's such a fresh take from the oversaturrated pokemon anime stereotype.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    About next Adv anime, meh, I'd really prefer they work on a new series, don't care if they hire new director for it. I mean, non-Adventure person working on adventure series will be worse than the person who worked on it before, same as how non-Tamers person working on Tamers. It will be wrecked. I know Kakudou's fault on 02, but at least 02 is still better than Tri, both by animation, graphic, plot, character development, and any other one.
    Well, every person has their own opinions. I like many of these aspects more in Tri than 02.

Now, Kakudou was the director of screenplay. Unlike Adventure and 02, he wasn't the main director in this new project.

a new digimon show is good, but if it's always about adventure, it will be oversaturrated, and I'm sure people will feel bored too. TOEI needs to work on an effective direction with future digimon anime, I mean why they don't take example from Pokemon Sun/Moon anime? It's such a fresh take from the oversaturrated pokemon anime stereotype.
    Digimon isn't in the same situation of Pokemon. Although Pokemon was "oversatrurrated", it was still a pretty popular anime in Japan. Comparatively, Digimon lack popularity between general audience.

Also, you seem to forget that Digimon tried to realize new things many times (for example: Appmon), but these failed in become really popular and obtain a new audience. So, they still need to depend of Adventure and its fanbase.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Kon View Post
    Well, every person has their own opinions. I like many of these aspects more in Tri than 02.

Now, Kakudou was the director of screenplay. Unlike Adventure and 02, he wasn't the main director in this new project.

Digimon isn't in the same situation of Pokemon. Although Pokemon was "oversatrurrated", it was still a pretty popular anime in Japan. Comparatively, Digimon lack popularity between general audience.

Also, you seem to forget that Digimon tried to realize new things many times (for example: Appmon), but these failed in become really popular and obtain a new audience. So, they still need to depend of Adventure and its fanbase.
    Appmon failed bcos they directed it wrong, I mean they forcibly hired Yokai Watch anime scriptwriter to work on the anime to have the "feel" of Yokai Watch anime that was popular with kids back then. Digimon is digimon, even though it's Appmon, it should not be a Yokai Watch show with Digimon skin and with AI theme. It just feels so wrong, though I know Appmon was just being a wasted potential, because the series could've dug deeper and could seek some good aspects to be presented better.

If they rely on Adventure to survive, I think it's the time for TOEI to stop production for the whole anime series if they had no better direction for future. I mean, it's good to know how to stop. TOEI now only care of their money, but not giving a worthwhile product, not a product with digimon's spirit, not a product that can give good impression to people even though they're not digimon fans. I think that TOEI forgot how they can cater more audiences from non-digimon fans with the Adventure anime. I have not met any person who is not a digimon fan (nor even the anime fans) that said Tri is good. I can't give a reason why people should watch Digimon Adventure Tri at all, whereas I can give them reasons to watch Adventure and Tamers.

TOEI should make a digimon series that can be enjoyed by both fans and non fans, without being wasted potential. They should follow what Adventure and Tamers did. If not, then it's okay to stop forever. Look at Monster Farm franchise, they knew really well when to stop.
    Last edited by DATS24; 05-28-2018 at 08:09 AM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast