With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure/02 Director Kakudou Resigns from New Digimon Project

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Keep in mind the plot he wrote could've been terrible or not fit what they were already doing with Tri.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Keep in mind the plot he wrote could've been terrible or not fit what they were already doing with Tri.
    not really, Kakudou is the only one who know really well about Adventure. IMO if Tri's director will still make more, it's gonna ruin it more. Since, well, Motonaga Keitarou is quite famous for wrecking light novel's work with the anime he worked. Even though Kakudou kinda ruined 02, I still believe him more than another random person that doesn't know digimon at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    This is somewhat troubling, not because I think Digimon can't do well without Kakudou, but if he's resigning this soon after the project is announced then it doesn't bode well and hopefully it doesn't signal production issues down the line.
    He wrote a plot, they didn't want to use it. Rather than staying on board in some fashion he left. It's not that abnormal minus that he tweeted about it.
    Whoops, did not see that bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    not really, Kakudou is the only one who know really well about Adventure.
    Considering in his view

Since, well, Motonaga Keitarou is quite famous for wrecking light novel's work with the anime he worked.
    Motonaga is relatively successful and in demand because he delivers what companies want, and what sells. It's why he's so often directs adaptions of other media.

He's working on two shows for this fall alone.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Solomon on Discord Visit Solomon's Youtube Channel Add Solomon on DeviantArt Add Solomon on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    He wrote a plot, they didn't want to use it. Rather than staying on board in some fashion he left. It's not that abnormal minus that he tweeted about it.
    I wonder what that would've been about.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Interesting because Kakudou is basically impliying that if you enjoy tri. even considering it contradicts the original concept of Digimon (we can also guess the new series will either), you have shit taste. That explains why he refused to answer during several times when he was asked about tri. I'm glad the good taste hasn't died, at least not yet...Kakudou is the third personality involved in Digimon that hints, in a very subtle way, that tri. is nothing good. The first one was Habu in one of this CS interviews, he claimed the anime of Digimon nowadays didn't feel like Digimon anymore (referring to Appmon and tri. I assume). That's probably why he didn't include any new Digimon from tri. (or Appmon) in Hacker's Memory. The second one was Konaka, saying via Twitter that in case he is doing a sequel for Tamers in the near future, his concept wouldn't fit in the current Digimon anime production scheme, so he would definitely drop it down (implying tri. is a really different production compared to the previous series), and that taking decisions for the screenwriting of a project based on what fans want instead of doing it to make the plot consistent is not professional. The comment was made after he realized Toei was not interested in a new Tamers project for being busy with the current one (tri.). And now Kakudou. I'm glad because I'm in the same boat as these three guys. And this is definitely bad news regarding the new project.

The amount of stuff you've misinterpreted, and frankly imagined/made up, based on small comments from a few people is rather amazing.

It's basically on the line of a Joe Pesci parody.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

That bit with the Digimon fighting aliens could easily be a plot point in the new project if it's a continuation of 02/tri. if you notice that scene where Ordinemon made a huge cry beam amd they showed it going out in space. Maybe that was on purpose. Maybe the aliens see this beacon and the come to attack Earth. It sounds silly but eh well. So does the Digital Monsters thing lol.

Regardless the plot I still want this to be a continuation of Adventure/02 or even Tamers as I enjoy very much the characters over the next few seasons that followed...
    Last edited by arisniko1; 05-28-2018 at 05:13 AM.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Interesting because Kakudou is basically impliying that if you enjoy tri. even considering it contradicts the original concept of Digimon (we can also guess the new series will either), you have shit taste. That explains why he refused to answer during several times when he was asked about tri. I'm glad the good taste hasn't died, at least not yet...Kakudou is the third personality involved in Digimon that hints, in a very subtle way, that tri. is nothing good. The first one was Habu in one of this CS interviews, he claimed the anime of Digimon nowadays didn't feel like Digimon anymore (referring to Appmon and tri. I assume). That's probably why he didn't include any new Digimon from tri. (or Appmon) in Hacker's Memory. The second one was Konaka, saying via Twitter that in case he is doing a sequel for Tamers in the near future, his concept wouldn't fit in the current Digimon anime production scheme, so he would definitely drop it down (implying tri. is a really different production compared to the previous series), and that taking decisions for the screenwriting of a project based on what fans want instead of doing it to make the plot consistent is not professional. The comment was made after he realized Toei was not interested in a new Tamers project for being busy with the current one (tri.). And now Kakudou. I'm glad because I'm in the same boat as these three guys. And this is definitely bad news regarding the new project.

You really must hate Tri to get those interpretations of these messages.

Even if Kakudou wants to imply that Tri is different from the previous concept, he never implied that we (who like Tri) have shit taste. He probably respects different tastes and opinions.

I don't understand your opinion of Konaka message. At most, he is saying that his Tamer project wouldn't fit, because Toei is focus on a continuation for Adventure.

I don't read the interview of Habu, so I don't know what he meant (and I can not trust your interpretation about it).

I hope you enjoy "sharing the same opinion as these three people". For my part, I hope to enjoy this new project, as I enjoyed Tri.
    Last edited by Kon; 05-28-2018 at 05:40 AM.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by arisniko1 View Post
    That bit with the Digimon fighting aliens could easily be a plot point in the new project if it's a continuation of 02/tri. if you notice that scene where Ordinemon made a huge cry beam amd they showed it going out in space. Maybe that was on purpose. Maybe the aliens see this beacon and the come to attack Earth. It sounds silly but eh well. So does the Digital Monsters thing lol.

Regardless the plot I still want this to be a continuation of Adventure/02 or even Tamers as I enjoy very much the characters over the next few seasons that followed...
    An idea: The Mysterious Man teams up with the aliens. The aliens' first strike is to abduct the 02 kids so they can't interfere.
    Note: This is a joke, inspired by and based on Theigno's joke in the thread "Teaser for new Digimon".
    Last edited by Ricardolindo; 05-28-2018 at 06:02 AM.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast