With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: Adventure/02 Director Kakudou Resigns from New Digimon Project

Ain't got no mojo...
    If it was so unimportant that spending any amount of time doing clear set up would be a waste then the pay off is just as much a waste of time and energy for the story is adding nothing and should be cut. This is exactly what they mean when they say "kill your darlings."
    You are not obliged to like all of anything, but the franchise also doesn’t revolve around you, or fans in general. Fans are not responsible for its good years, or its bad years; the series is responsible for its own success or failures.

The dirty secret at the heart of Digimon is, its never had a Beast Wars

I'm a Maniac
    I do not really care that Kakudo is out, but I am a bit concerned/sad that at this stage, they would not be willing to let the creators/artists do whatever they want with Adventure. It shows that the company still doesn't understand what are the aspects of the series that the fans truly appreciate. (That it's not the commercial aspect or "giving the fans what they 'want'" but the integrity of the storytelling that we appreciate.) I'd rather have a story that Kakudou (or whoever) wanted to say than maintain any kind of continuity with any other installment of the franchise.
    (I still do not understand completely why he resigned though, so I am just assuming here.)
    Let me clarify once again that I am not in the slightest inclined to believe that the project is going to be good or bad because of what happened. I maintain that any kind of idea could work brilliantly given the right treatment.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmon View Post
    I do not really care that Kakudo is out, but I am a bit concerned/sad that at this stage, they would not be willing to let the creators/artists do whatever they want with Adventure. It shows that the company still doesn't understand what are the aspects of the series that the fans truly appreciate. (That it's not the commercial aspect or "giving the fans what they 'want'" but the integrity of the storytelling that we appreciate.) I'd rather have a story that Kakudou (or whoever) wanted to say than maintain any kind of continuity with any other installment of the franchise.
    (I still do not understand completely why he resigned though, so I am just assuming here.)
    Let me clarify once again that I am not in the slightest inclined to believe that the project is going to be good or bad because of what happened. I maintain that any kind of idea could work brilliantly given the right treatment.

Kakudou never mentioned that the reason for his resignation is that he has to maintain continuity with other installment of the franchise.

In any case, Kakudo say that something in the new project doesn't fit with the TV series.

PS: Kakudou mentioned that the films (not only Tri's films, but the first four of Adventure and 02 too) don't fit with the TV series either, but he was sure many people enjoyed these.
    Last edited by Kon; 06-01-2018 at 03:50 PM.

Wonder if he is trying to put in CGI like show, like he did in X-Evolution. I do wish they do another show like that, where is it Digimon only, without human introduction.
    Try my quiz on Sporcle. My name is CuddyFox on it. Have fun with the quizzes. I worked hard on them. I made some of them easier. https://www.sporcle.com/playlists/CuddyFox/digimon-time

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314