With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: XW Bagramon just like MCU Thanos

XW Bagramon just like MCU Thanos

After seeing Avengers Infinity War Thanos seemed to remind me of Bagramon abit. Here’s a few examples.

1. Bagramon desired to create what he perceived as a perfect utopia and chose to make it a reality through any possible means even if it meant destroying and enslaving countless digimon.
    Parallels Thanos’s cruel methods in achieving his goals to recreate the universe into what he considered a happy paradise.

Bagramon's desire to collect the code crowns parallels Thanos’s goal to obtain all the Infinity Stones.

3. Bagramon had his three generals Tactimon, Laylamon, and Blastmon carry his out plan of obtaining the code crowns and did not actively participate in obtaining them until all of them were in close proximity of each other.
    Paralleling the fact that Thanos did not go look for the Infinity Stones himself but had other’s such as Loki, Ronan, and Gamora search them out through the years. He personally sought them out in Infinity War after knowing where to find five of them and knowing who he could ask for the sixth stone’s location.

4. Bagramon succeeded in obtaining all the code crowns and reshaping the Digital World into the Seven Kingdoms(though that was not the full extent of his goals.)
    Parallels the fact Thanos that achieved his ultimate goal of gaining all the Infinity Stones and “killed” half the inhabitants of the Universe.

5. DarkKnightmon did a forced digixros with with his brother Bagramon in a attempt to gain a far more powerful body but unfortunately Bagramon gained it instead as he overwhelmed and destroyed DarkKnightmon’s consciousness.
    A shaky parallel as Thanos’s step daughter Gamora tried to kill him in which than he killed her to obtain the Soul Stone but unlike Bagramon felt tremendous loss in doing so.

6. Bagramon was a frighteningly powerful foe in Xros Wars his power easily towered over his three generals. He easily took the code crowns from the Xros generals after barely beating Tactimon.
    Paralleling how Thanos easily trumped the Hulk with his superior strength and skill on hand to hand combat and also how he broke free within moments are being pinned down by Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Drax after Mantis let go.

I come from the net MasterOfTartarus's Avatar
    Add MasterOfTartarus on DeviantArt
    yeah, but i don´t think Bagramon wants to make out with Deathmon.... or does he?

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    Character developments & interactions wise, I reckon Thanos trump over Bagramon. Thanos decided to wipe out half of universe because he thought universe is overpopulated and by wiping out half to maintain balance (really sounds more like Homeostasis than Bagramon). Also Bagramon doesn't have a complex love-hate, father/daughter relationship like Thanos had with Gamora

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Shoutmon: Mikey, I don't feel so good...

Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    Thanos decided to wipe out half of universe because he thought universe is overpopulated and by wiping out half to maintain balance (really sounds more like Homeostasis than Bagramon).
    Sounds more like Yggdrasil to me (though Ygg killed 98% of all life in his universe).

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Shoutmon: Mikey, I don't feel so good...
    After Shoutmon’s encounter with him, he did turn to dust. In regard to the “Deathmon” comment, MCU Thanos doesn’t have Lady Death as a love interest. As far as the Thanos/Gamora relationship goes, the xw manga does have the Bagramon/DarkKnightmon relationship. If I recall, it’s similar from Bagramon’s end, though DarkKnightmon is nothing like Gamora.
    Last edited by Jmac28211; 05-26-2018 at 09:28 AM.

I feel the parallel is stronger with the Manga version then the anime one. Anime!Bagramon is essentially a typical evil tyrant, the story (or at least the lore) tries to dress it up, but ultimately he just wants to conquer the world because evil. Manga!Bagramon however is more consistent with MCU!Thanos since it's shown he does want to build a Utopia even if it comes at the expense of others, he's a well-intentioned extremist who feels the end justifies the means even if those (including the Digital 'God') oppose him, he does use and sacrifice his brother tearfully as a means to achieve his goals, and is a man of his words with no tricks or backstabbing.

With that said, I feel MCU!Thanos is better then both, mostly because the movie places more focus on him and his motivations.
    Last edited by Bartz; 05-26-2018 at 02:53 PM.

I can see the parallels like others have mentioned.

However, I believe he has a lot of potential that Hunters wasted by... only bringing up The Watch-Maker's identity of Bagramon in the epilogue and not really doing anything with his character. It's for this reason that I would like to show up in future media in a similar role to Mirei in the games where he helps out here and there in the multi-verse in an act to atone for his sins as Bagramon.

It could be really interesting to see. Not that it's very likely sadly.