With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why am I logged out so quickly?

Why am I logged out so quickly?

How much time does it take before the forum logs me out? Sometimes if I spend a little time writing a post, when I press send I'm sent to the log in page and I'm always a bit scared my super long post wasn't saved. Would be nice if the forum didn't log me out while I'm actually on the site.

I come from the net
    I was finding that a little strange too. On most websites, if you don't tick "remember me", it keeps you logged in until you close the browser. Here, it logs me out after what seems like a very short time.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I've literally never been logged out in my entire time of visiting.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    What Internet Browser (including version) and OS are you using?

Junior Commander AliceKaninchenbau's Avatar
    Follow AliceKaninchenbau On Twitter Visit AliceKaninchenbau's Youtube Channel Add AliceKaninchenbau on DeviantArt
    FireFox on Win 7, and yeah I also get logged out after like 10-15 minutes if I'm not actively browsing the site or refreshing a page. Often when I'm writing longer replies I end up loading the forum in another tab and refreshing that one every once in a while to make sure I stay logged in and won't lose whatever wall of text I've been writing

I use the latest Chrome, and both Win 7 and Win 10. Also different computers at work, and they all do this.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    When I write on forums, I always make sure to highlight and copy my posts before I hit post just in case. I've been doing this for years, as a few years ago I had a similar problem on other forums etc. It's saved me a few times over the years.

If you do not do anything on the forum after a set amount of time, the forum expires your session because it assumes you are no longer on the site (that's the way vBulletin handles login.)

The remember me box bypasses that settings.

'Anything on the forum' equates to any movement between pages.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

The set amount of time just seems very short, is all. I don't use remember me as I use shared computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Luna View Post
    The set amount of time just seems very short, is all. I don't use remember me as I use shared computers.
    The time is 15 minutes.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast