With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: New 20th Anniversary Pendulums Announced Early

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by King in Pink View Post
    People... like Beelstarmon? I kind of assumed she'd be the Digimon equivilant of Transformers' Kiss Players: something fans are embarassed by and try not to discuss.
    Exactly...why? I don't like it, I love it! The concept, the origin, the design...everything about her is awesome. I'm really curious to know why we should feel embarassed about it.

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    People... like Beelstarmon? I kind of assumed she'd be the Digimon equivilant of Transformers' Kiss Players: something fans are embarassed by and try not to discuss.
    Exactly...why? I don't like it, I love it! The concept, the origin, the design...everything about her is awesome. I'm really curious to know why we should feel embarassed about it.
    Now do you REALLY not know why people would be embarassed by her? In any case, because she's a female version of another Digimon, which is inhertently lazy basis for a design, but is made so much worse by trading Beelzebumon's leather jacket for a leather bra that only covers -half- of her enormous boobs and tight leather pants that are so low that they only JUST hide her vagina... and you know she's not wearing panties because the one image we have of her from behind makes sure to show her bare ass hanging out the top of them.

She's like the personification of pervy, sexist anime designs. All she needed was to be implied to be underaged and the circle would be complete.

Now do you REALLY not know why people would be embarassed by her? In any case, because she's a female version of another Digimon, which is inhertently lazy basis for a design, but is made so much worse by trading Beelzebumon's leather jacket for a leather bra that only covers -half- of her enormous boobs and tight leather pants that are so low that they only JUST hide her vagina... and you know she's not wearing panties because the one image we have of her from behind makes sure to show her bare ass hanging out the top of them.

She's like the personification of pervy, sexist anime designs. All she needed was to be implied to be underaged and the circle would be complete.
    I get it, you are not into oversexualized female Digimon, are you? In any case, you should be aware that Angewomon and LadyDevimon, which are basically a feminine copypaste of Angemon and Devimon plus fanservice respectively, are among the most popular Digimon of all times according to a recent Japanese survey, so why do you think it would be different with BeelStarmon? And please, don't play the card that Angewomon and LadyDevimon are not that much oversexualized, because you only have to take a look to the recent G.E.M. figures for each one. Interestingly enough, both of them plus Mastemon are already confirmed for the Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th.

I'm a Maniac

I get it, you are not into oversexualized female Digimon, are you? In any case, you should be aware that Angewomon and LadyDevimon, which are basically a feminine copypaste of Angemon and Devimon plus fanservice respectively, are among the most popular Digimon of all times according to a recent Japanese survey, so why do you think it would be different with BeelStarmon? And please, don't play the card that Angewomon and LadyDevimon are not that much oversexualized, because you only have to take a look to the recent G.E.M. figures for each one. Interestingly enough, both of them plus Mastemon are already confirmed for the Digimon Pendulum Ver.20th.
    I don't want to derail the thread, but I'd point out that Angewomon and LadyDevimon are, firstly, very old Digimon and as such I'm willing to give them more leway than the modern designs and while they have both been overly sexualized in the past, Beelstarrmon with her weird triangle-cut leather pants that end just above her vagina (like seriously, imagine walking in those), -bare ass- and visible and uncovered boobs is on a WHOLE other level... she's not wearing a skimpy costume like Angewomon (and LadyDevimon herself is almost entirely covered up), she's simply existing to be fap bait. Comparing the three as if they're the same is a pretty clear false equivilance.
    Last edited by King in Pink; 05-18-2018 at 09:54 AM.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Comparing BeelStarmon to goddamn Kiss Players of all things is a biiiiiiit of a stretch.

Junior Commander
    Why would anyone get embarrassed on a badass character with a sweet design. There is nothing sexist about it. Maybe this series just isnít for you.

I for one would love to see her show up in these Pen ver 20th wave 2. She could be password related, like the sistermons, or get a new line up.

Maybe they could add a Salmon, Blackgatomon/Witchmon, Bastemon/Ladydevimon, and Lilithmon/Beelestarmon line up!
    Last edited by RogueX4; 05-18-2018 at 10:23 AM.

I don't want to derail the thread, but I'd point out that Angewomon and LadyDevimon are, firstly, very old Digimon and as such I'm willing to give them more leway than the modern designs and while they have both been overly sexualized in the past, Beelstarrmon with her weird triangle-cut leather pants that end just above her vagina (like seriously, imagine walking in those), -bare ass- and visible and uncovered boobs is on a WHOLE other level... she's not wearing a skimpy costume like Angewomon (and LadyDevimon herself is almost entirely covered up), she's simply existing to be fap bait. Comparing the three as if they're the same is a pretty clear false equivilance.
    With all due respects, I suspect you may be biased a little bit by nostalgia, but I'm not and I can tell that Angewomon, LadyDevimon, Rosemon, Lilithmon, Sakuyamon, BeelStarmon...are all the same kind of oversexualized feminine characters, which I'm personally totally into, but it's totally respectable you are not. I can see thou that Angewomon and LadyDevimon are probably more "graceful" overall, while BeelStarmon is more "raw", if that's the difference you want ti point out. I'm good in as long as it's not too much as Mervamon in XW, and even in that case, the character is that baddass that I don't even care about her cleavage or exaggerated camel toe. I don't believe exposing your skin more or less has something to do with being more fanservicey. I mean, compare Sakuyamon (totally fanservice and covered body) with Fairymon (exposed skin while less fanservice).

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Yeah back on topic...

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    Comparing BeelStarmon to goddamn Kiss Players of all things is a biiiiiiit of a stretch.
    Certainly she's not as bad as Kiss Players, because few things are. I suppose the Legends pack-in comics are a much better comparison, being something modern that is aimed at adults and uncomfortably treats the female characters as simple sex objects. I wish I had gone with that in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by RogueX4 View Post
    Why would anyone get embarrassed on a badass character with a sweet design. There is nothing sexist about it. Maybe this series just isnít for you.
    Oh, come on. "There's nothing sexist about it". There's no way you believe that yourself. And to suggest that Digimon as a whole "isn't for you" because someone thinks the hypersexualized Beelzebumon genderswap is iffy is silly.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Its a Digimon with boobs and guns of course it's popular

Sistermon Noir is a good Champion for her

edit: sorry posted before I saw the mod post.
    Last edited by Muur; 05-18-2018 at 10:53 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast