With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New 20th Anniversary Pendulums Announced Early

Ooh, nice. I'll probably go for one of these if it turns out you need a second V-Pet to unlock the Vobomon or Meicoomon eggs in the first ones (I hadn't thought of this when I made my pre-order).

I'm already getting Silver Black, so I should probably get the Dukemon one, buuuuuut I defintely like Beelzemon BM infinitely more than Dukemon CM...

I come from the net Seymour Butz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Those ones look super nice!! I'm definitely picking Beelzebumon's, while both look super cool! Here hoping for BeelStarmon :3
    Ohhh yeah, BeelStarrmon Blast Mode and Mediæval Dukemon Crimson Mode would be good ideas too. Or maybe steeds for them like Grani and Behemoth.

There better be a reason to keep wave 1.... at least with the wave 1 v-pet20th, theres no paint to worry about........

I'm a Maniac
    Yes! So glad I risked it and waited for these and didn't miss out on the first versions for no reason!

A couple different digimon aint worth such high premium prices. I probably would of just bought wave 2 v-pets too, had i known there would be WarGrey and MetalGaruru on them. Can't wait to figure out what to do. If it's silly again, i'll just sell my stuff and be done with bandai.

Quote Originally Posted by BetamonZ View Post
    A couple different digimon aint worth such high premium prices. I probably would of just bought wave 2 v-pets too, had i known there would be WarGrey and MetalGaruru on them. Can't wait to figure out what to do. If it's silly again, i'll just sell my stuff and be done with bandai.
    I mean, they're 36 bucks each. Bandai could have likely gotten away with 60 to 100 based on prior modern Digimon LCD releases. (The Anniversary V-Pet and Pendulums feels like Bandai purposely went lower on the price than you'd expect.)

I think people tend to get obsessed with getting 'everything.' The 20th Pendulums look like they are going to be great, and without knowing the details on content, I gotta say... these new ones look amazing.

If these are roughly the same, just with a few Digimon tweaked, there is no real reason anyone who bought the first wave has to get them. If the new Digimon are important to you, or you like the design, it'd make sense.

As an example, I own Masterpiece Optimus Prime (the original MP1 Convoy release.) They've re-released it a number of times with extras, improvements, etc. and even redone him from scratch (MP10) in a seemingly improved figure.

I've never felt the need to get another one past my original one. At some point I may, but I like the one I have.

Getting both of the new Pendulums, on top of intermediary fees... probably around 100 or so. We'll soon have an idea what these have, and everyone can figure out if they're worth that to them or not.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

So, yes, in hindsight I should have seen this coming. But I didn’t and I preordered both of the upcoming Pendulums. And given that, while I like the monster raising aspect, I don’t find it entertaining enought to shell out another $100 for both (roughly speaking, counting international shipping costs) even if they do both look exceptional. Which makes these two a “skip” for me, unfortunately.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Just guessing here...

But based on what we saw with the 20th V-Pets, and the overview of the Pendulums that we have...

Dukemon will be Silver Blue, Beelzebumon will be Silver Black.

And last guess would be that something will be changed in each one, likely regarding the special eggs (it doesn't appear that Crimson Mode or Blast Mode are in the original 20th Pendulums for example... unless they've been hiding those for a surprise.)
    Yeah, that would make sense.

I've already got both the Wave 1 Pendulums preordered so, even though I do really like the colours on these, it's a "maybe" for me. If one of the special eggs has a Digimon I like I'll probably get that one. If there's no real incentive to getting either of these, then I might skip it.

On a somewhat related note, I'm half expecting Omegamon Merciful Mode to show up in one of these. But given that he's not that visually different from Omegamon or Alter-S, I wonder how they would actually do that in sprite form.

Saw this last night and I'm excited. I already ordered the wave 1 pens but I'll definitely get these too.

I do hope they've learned and the paint won't chip off.
    Currently Raising:
    Ver. 20 V-Pet: Nanimon and Raremon

I'm a Maniac
    People... like Beelstarmon? I kind of assumed she'd be the Digimon equivilant of Transformers' Kiss Players: something fans are embarassed by and try not to discuss.
    Last edited by King in Pink; 05-18-2018 at 08:52 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast