With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digivolving Spirits Angewomon is out this week! New Photos and Details!

Digivolving Spirits Angewomon is out this week! New Photos and Details!

It's always fun to get a look at a Digivolving Spirits figure!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

On May 19th Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon will be released!

A few days ago Tamashii held a 'Touch and Try' event where Digimon fans could try out the figure at the Akiba Showroom.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

During the event they also had fans answer a questionnaire about the new figure, to get their thoughts on it. Tamashii has shared a few of the details given to them, which were mentioned throughout the newest preview they've done of the figure.

"The shape and transformation is awesome."

As mentioned in previous updates from Tamashii, they wanted to make sure the wildly different proportions between Angewomon and Tailmon would both come out well in the figure. They used die-cast metal on the helmet, chest, left ankle, and part of the tail.

It's also mentioned that Tamashii Soul Stages can hold the figure well. The photos they provide use 'Soul Stage Act.5 for Mechanics Clear', but any number of stand/stages from Tamashii should work.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The art on the packaging is drawn by Kenji Watanabe. The wanted the packaging to be charming and to convey looking beautiful and powerful. They think fans will enjoy the design.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

A male in his 30s commented that the figure is better since it has a hole in it for the Soul Stage.

The back of the figure fits with the Soul Stage so that various air poses with Angewomon are possible, and that you should be able to reproduce battle scenes that are specific to her.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Even with the back parts removed it can still be put on the stand and posed. Without needing the back pieces the range of poses is expanded.

A male in his 20s, along with a male in his 40s, both commented on how great the transformation was for the figure, along with how easy it was to understand what you had to do to transform it.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Angewomon is the easiest of the Digivolving Spirits figures to transform thus far.

They show how you flip around the ball-joints on Tailmon's arms to get Angewomon's scarf (I think it's a boa scarf? Or would you just call it a ribbon?)

The second image shows how it appears from an off angle on the side.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

You turn Angewomon's foot around, bend at the knee, which puts her leg in the position you need for Tailmon. It's pointed out you want to get it as close to here as possible so other parts will close properly (it's also pointed out that they've removed the back part for a better photo of this example.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Angewomon's feathers and Tailmon's ears need you to pay close attention regardless of which way the figure is transforming.

Rotating the feathers the way they show in the photos will keep them from interfering with the part that makes up Tailmon's head.

One last tip they give...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

When turning her back into Angewomon they show how to line up the tail and the back parts. They finish by showing a piece to adjust to help hide the tip of her tail (which also looks to help lock it into position.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We've gotten a lot of great previews of Angewomon since she was announced. In fact, the weekend Digivolving Spirits was formally announced they showed her off in CGI render form (the first Digivolving Spirits figure we saw artwork of before a prototype was on display.)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The figure is officially out on May 19th in Japan. US stock will ship in July. The figure will be 6,500 yen, but is currently sold out of pre-order stock on CDJapan. US stock is still available.

#04 Angewomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at Amazon USA

And if you want to order or pre-order other Digivolving Spirits figures...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

#01 WarGreymon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#03 Diablomon (Affiliate link):
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at Amazon USA (currently only available from 3rd party sellers)

#05 Alphamon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon At Amazon USA

#06 AtlurKabuterimon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon at Amazon USA
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    This is going to be awesome.

It looks amazing, honestly aside from her the only other digi destined digimon I'm looking forward to is lilymon
    now if the others went to the mega's instead of the ultimates i would probably have bought them all

I was gonna do the same thing lol

But i think its based on the popular lines of the digimon?

Ain't got no mojo... Chiefofwar117's Avatar
    Gosh she is so beautiful!! I never imagined wed be getting her so soon into the digivolving spirits line. It was such a pleasant surprise last year but I felt like the wait would be forever. And now here we are with her release next week. I cant wait for Patamon so that I can have my angels of Hope and Light on full display!!

Looks nice. Ordered her from Amazon, natch, so I'll have to wait a fair bit, but maybe I'll get Alphamon at a similar time.

I take it that it doesn't actually come with a stage? Might have to invest in one, unless I can punk from one of the SHFiguarts that I have...

Ain't got no mojo... Chiefofwar117's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    Looks nice. Ordered her from Amazon, natch, so I'll have to wait a fair bit, but maybe I'll get Alphamon at a similar time.

I take it that it doesn't actually come with a stage? Might have to invest in one, unless I can punk from one of the SHFiguarts that I have...
    I just ordered the stage they mentioned off of eBay for $15

I come from the net
    That is really nice. And explains some about how you transform it.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    They better do figures for MetalGreymon and WereGarurumon.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Don't count on it. As far as the Adventure partners went, they were trying to recreate the battle with Apocalymon.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast