With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Theory: Digimon Tri was just the first step.

Theory: Digimon Tri was just the first step.

We know that with the end of Digimon Tri, the "Evil Gennai" that took the form of the Digimon Kaizer, was still happy and knowing of the existence of many other enemies of the chosen ones.
    He is using the Black Cube to travel between the digital world and the real world without any difficulty. And we also know that he knows very well who Yggdrasil is, even makes it look like he works for Ygg.
    Now we know that we will have a new Digimon Project, and many people are believing it to be a continuation of Digimon Tri.
    I can not disagree with them, and I believe we will have a "Digimon 02 Part 2".
    If the focus of the next season is the children of the second season of Digimon, we can imagine that they just did not appear right during the Digimon Tri, because the directors did not want this in any way.
    They for some reason kept even the children's appearance a secret.

My theory is this: They've created Digimon Tri as a test, to see if they really would have a big audience with it, and then they'll start the real project now.
    The "Evil Gennai" able to travel through dimensions without difficulty, could be used to connect different seasons of Digimon without great difficulties.
    They will create continuations for each of the Digimon seasons we have had so far, and in each of them we will have the presence of different members of the Royal Knights, the main characters of each of them already older, as well as new introduced villains being used to the plans of Gennai.
    And after we hit the second part of Digimon Universe, which would be the last of all to have its sequel, we would have a giant CrossOver between all seasons. Maybe in an Anime or a Film of enormous proportions.
    Where all the chosen of all the seasons would have to fight against the evil mind of all this.

I do not believe that we will have another version of Tri, happening in the Cinemas, but Animes that will spend like seasons in the TV of about 26 episodes each at max.

What you guys think about this theory?

Junior Commander
    Would be a cool idea. Though I honestly just believe the next project will focus on the Adventure and 02 cast. Itíll serve as a sequel to Tri.

Maybe at most, in the long run, it might end up connecting to Tamers depending on how well it does.

I doubt the Dark Gennai plot will bridge into other universes, given his lines only allude to more Adventure.

Not that I would mind having another crossover event.

Personally, I donít think Tri was ever meant to be a series of movies. I feel like it was supposed to be a series, but DBS took up too much of Toeiís resources. I really hope this is just the first step though.

So who is he, judging by his behaviour it could be Piemon in disguise ?!

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Graizen View Post
    He is using the Black Cube to travel between the digital world and the real world without any difficulty.
    But the Black Cube was what remained from Meicoomon/Ordinemon (it was shown in Part 1's intro as it was entering Meicoomon's digiegg as it was forming, it was its "infection") and he could travel between worlds just fine before obtaining it.

Junior Commander DBxDigimon_fan's Avatar
    The cube is Apocolymon's remaining data, which is what Hackmon said is what was in Meicoomon making her that way. Its also why Meicoomon had the helix design. She's really just a tailmon that was altered in the egg, due to this cube as we saw it entering a digiegg when it was being created.

What "evil Gennai" is planning to use it for, we don't really know. He apparently intends to use it the same way it was used in Meicoomon, by having it placed among another digimon's data to make them go berzerk and destroy the world. The fact that he wants to use Demon or Diablomon - and the fact he has all these options - just means it could only be worse than it was with Meicoomon and it will take a special team of chosen children to take on the new threat.

I come from the net
    It sounds like an idea. With as much money as they made, of course they could make a 02 Tri. This would cover that and a few other things.

Junior Commander
    I had a thought in terms of the potential Tri sequel, and it made me think of how the broader story may have been planned for a lot longer.

If there were two evolutions that felt rushed and less meaningful (for lack of a better word), which two would they be? Serpahimon and Holydramon, right? Neither of them had a true moment of focus. If the Adventure story is going to continue, possibly with an emphasis on the 02 kids, maybe Takeru, Hikari, Patamon, and Tailmon were all supposed to be further explored later on in whatever comes next? The writers probably couldn't have gotten away with not having the full evolutions occur at some point, so the could have made them less significant in order to have more development with them later on.

Just a random thought of course, no way to know for sure.

Ain't got no mojo...
    Well, if this post on Facebook is any indication, then tri.'s story is going to continue on.