With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6: Our Future Discussion

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 6: Our Future Discussion

This thread is to discuss the Episode on the forum during/after it airs. It is not to be used beforehand. Also spoiler tags will not be required.

Add Shadious on DeviantArt Add Shadious on Google+
    I took liberty to watch the first and the last episode first. Can't stay up late, so might as well reserve watching the mid-episodes later on.

Geez, that crazy Mystery Man is sure quite an optimistic gleeful son of a gun, huh? Daemon or Diaboromon....
    Bored of Knife of Day?

I skipped all the rehashed scenes at the beginning and opening/ending. so I'm done with the movie already. I was worried about this movie due to the spoilers. but it didn't disappoint. I really like how Meiko was left to deal with Meicoomon and the others let her. It was a good finish for her character. Hikari as well, I liked how even though she was still going to fight alongside her brother. She wouldn't forgive him for his decision. lol Good job girls!

Daigo's scene was absoulutley heartbreaking. I cried so hard for him. They really did a good job with his sacrifice. I just wish he didn't have to die.

Meicoomon's too. I still hold onto hope Meicoomon's egg will come back some day. THeir characters songs hint at "we'll meet again". and I honestly think it's unfair to see three of the new characters dead. Well, supposedly dead for Maki anyway.

I don't see the point in Meiko moving back... Not even Mimi moved back. I would have rather Meiko stayed and did research with the bureau to see how they can stop this from happening again. In regards to Meicoomon or partners in genera; infected.

I'm not salty about the 02 kids too much. I think that may actually be tied to a sequel. I can see tri. hodling off showing off the 02 kids for the sake of marketing. I expect some more news in the future on that new project. Mysterious Man also seems to hint at more.

I'll probably need to rewatch our future. But all in all tri. was a fun run. the adventure continues eh?

Digimon Adventure tri. part 6, Our Future!
    Coming out May 5th, Children's Day!
    [Art by http://dejitarugeeto02.tumblr.com/]

That was a very good finale, I enjoyed it a lot. Especially when the Digimon got their memories back.

So the silhouettes were 02 kids + The Real Gennai.

Also you got hints of two pairings, Takari and Sorato. That Takari scene was literally cut straight from the dub of His Masters Voice. Especially Patamon's reaction to Takeru's declaration.

Daigo was fantastic and the inspiration for Taichi to become the diplomat he becomes for the Digital World. And Yamato just like that decides he will look to space.
    Last edited by MagnaAngemonn; 05-04-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnaAngemonn View Post
    Daigo was fantastic and the inspiration for Taichi to become the diplomat he becomes for the Digital World. And Yamato just like that decides he will look to space.
    There were some nice subtle (and not so subtle) references to bits that we know happen.

The matter of fact way Yamato said it worked well.

Lots to decompress and think about for Part 6 overall.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I wish they went more in depth about Hikari's strange abilities as it was mentioned by both dark gennai and koushirou in the film.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    wow. what a finish....although my impression is that Part 6 is very similar to Dioboromon's Revenge in quite a few ways and Tri as a whole very similar to the Hurricane Touchdown albeit roles are reversed

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    RIP Meicoomon, Daigo and Baihumon (because partner death equals human death).

I preferred the first four but still a lot of feels.

Do we count that as Omnimon MM being everyone combined?

I'm a Maniac
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    RIP Meicoomon, Daigo and Baihumon (because partner death equals human death).
    Then why did Oikawa's partner remain alive when Oikawa died in 02 finale?
    Edit: Nevermind, Oikawa's partner did die, Kakudou confirmed it, we just didn't see it on-screen.
    Last edited by Ricardolindo; 05-04-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    https://i.imgur.com/UNjtRil.png

So it appears the "first Agumon" IS the same one we once knew. His memories return and he remembers meeting the kids as a Botamon

Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast