With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: tri. Part 6 Tokuban: 10 minute preview and LOTS of products.

  1. #11
    I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,434
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by lvr815 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    OMG I have just watched the first 10 minutes, and without knowing what are they saying...the animation is as awful as always...half of the time are just flashbacks which were unncessary, and the other mostly still frames...seriously it looks like a manga instead of an anime
    Given how awful Tri is, itís a shame you canít find anything better to do than watch it religiously and talk about it in every available thread.
    I watch it because it's Digimon, and I do hope so bad they bring us something quite more decent than they usually do, after all it's the only current Digimon series (and we have waited for so long to know the final conclusion). Could you please do me a favour? Watch the first 10 min. if you will, and tell me if that's the animation a premium OVA in 2018 of 8 months in production should have.
    The animation is fine for the new stuff but nothing is good enough for you anyway
    That's not true. Appmon, a weekly TV series, had a more fluent animation. Even more, the rest of the OVAs of Digimon with no exception (Our War Game!, Runaway Locomon Express, Revival of the Ancient Digimon...) had better animation than tri. almost 20 years later. I just resist to accept that this quality is the future of the Digimon anime. But you know what, I get it, you want to live your own experience, and no one to ruin it. Servez-vous!
    Last edited by Shadow Shinji; 04-27-2018 at 04:12 PM.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    and tell me if that's the animation a premium OVA in 2018 of 8 months in production should have.
    We've used the term premium animation, because that's as close to an explanation of what it is in shorthand.

    Toei has never used the term.


    Toei has called it a film/movie/etc. It is a limited run film that goes immediately to home video.


    Films can have budges from very low, to very high. That you have expectations of what the animation should be has little to do with the actual goals of the production.


    Neither do direct to video/OVA content has to have high budgets eithers.



    Even the term 'premium animation' itself is more meant to convey it's something special for the brand, rather than a direct statement of budget (since the term was coined, and used almost solely by Gundam.)


    tri. is certainly something special, different, and interesting for the brand.



    And of course, while the animation is not generally high budget, it looks very pleasant and is easy to watch, which is not always true of animated works.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  3. #13
    Completely digital wildwing64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Billericay, England
    Age
    29
    Posts
    961
    Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    We're already complaining about the animation quality in a ten minute span which is largely uneventful?

    Tri's animation has been just fine for the most part. Yeah, there are times when it gets a little weird or off-model, but at least it's been consistent in its presentation unlike, say, Xros Wars.

  4. #14
    I'm a Maniac frankiemon827's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    159
    Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    can someone explain to me why do they keep showing the first 5 or 10 minutes of each Tri movie other than the fact it is just part of promotion for more merchandising? I mean most of those 5-10 minutes showings don't give much spoilers anyway...

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    can someone explain to me why do they keep showing the first 5 or 10 minutes of each Tri movie other than the fact it is just part of promotion for more merchandising? I mean most of those 5-10 minutes showings don't give much spoilers anyway...
    They aren't meant for spoilers. They are meant for promotion.


    Generally it has been...

    At early Tokubans, they show 5 minutes.
    At a late Tokuban, they show 10 minutes.


    Spoilers are not the goal. They are basically no different than an actor showing up on a talk show before a movie and showing a clip, these are simply longer.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  6. #16
    Completely digital
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    681
    This tumblr has an impression of the 10 minutes (she knows Japanese):

    http://fizzingwizard.tumblr.com/post...ra-no-mirai-on


    It's interesting that Digidestined don't think Taichi is dead. Although they are worried about his disappearance.
    Last edited by Kon; 04-28-2018 at 09:55 AM.

  7. #17
    I come from the net Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,492
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    can someone explain to me why do they keep showing the first 5 or 10 minutes of each Tri movie other than the fact it is just part of promotion for more merchandising? I mean most of those 5-10 minutes showings don't give much spoilers anyway...
    Basically an extended trailer.

  8. #18
    Completely digital
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    681
    This tumblr has a translation of the first 10 minutes:

    http://fizzingwizard.tumblr.com/post...-mins-of#notes

  9. #19
    I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,434
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Some points about the translation really interesting in my opinion:
    1) So the narrator is Yggdrasill itself? It would at least make sense, but this would imply that Demiurge does probably refers to it too.
    2) If Koushiro refers to Tailmon's Ankoku Shinka as "Ophanimon's Dark Evolution", this means that Ophanimon is a thing in the continuity of the anime...odd, isn't it?
    3) When Sora says that she hasn't got time for Nishijima, Tailmon, Meicoomon and Taichi, ia she saying she hasn't had time to mourn them in the last 5 minutes since "that" happened, or is she meaning instead that she feels guilty because she hasn't got considered they may be gone for good? That part is really confusing.

  10. #20
    Completely digital
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    2) If Koushiro refers to Tailmon's Ankoku Shinka as "Ophanimon's Dark Evolution", this means that Ophanimon is a thing in the continuity of the anime...odd, isn't it?
    It isn't necessarily a thing.

    They not need to know Ophanimon to said this phrase. Maybe Koushiro just saw her identity on his computer, so he called her Ophanimon's Dark Evolution.
    Last edited by Kon; 05-02-2018 at 04:18 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •