With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digivolving Spirits AtlurKabuterimon Pre-Orders Open! 3 Weeks Until Angewomon is Out!

Digivolving Spirits AtlurKabuterimon Pre-Orders Open! 3 Weeks Until Angewomon is Out!

A few Digivolving Spirits updates!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

First up is Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon!

After seeing him on display as Tentomon last year, along with photos of a handmade prototype during a livestream, one of the best (the best?) looking Digivolving Spirits figures yet is available to pre-order!

First though, let's go over the details of the figure for those who haven't seen it before. Much of this is from our prior articles (where appropriate), but there is one fun new thing for AtlurKabuterimon.

This one looks to basically fold in on itself...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

AtlurKabuterimon is a completely new figure. There was a Kabuterimon to AtlurKabuterimon in the original Super Evolution figure series, but nothing has been used from that for this Tentomon to AtlurKabuterimon figure. They went to great effort on this one to have the the colors look spot on for this figure.

They also point out due to the unique transformation, using the full structure of the figure, the proportions and other elements basically look perfect no matter what angle you look at. The figure is also very poseable.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Like other Digivolving Spirits figures, materials and the feel in the hand was very important. AtlurKabuterimon's horn, chest parts, and a few other parts use die cast metal to help emphasis the texture on key elements of the figure.

They used clear parts on Tentomon's eyes to give the appearance of an insect's compound eyes.

The figure has bold and character accurate colors, along with a nice matte texture so the figure feels high quality in the hand.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The figure comes with a base that can be used with both forms to help with long term display.

This figure will also have new packaging artwork by Kenji Watanabe which they ask us to look forward to seeing soon.

The last preview of the figure itself...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

AtlurKabuterimon and Tentomon with the other Adventure partner figures!

Four down, four to go!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

To celebrate the figure going up for pre-order, Kenji Watanabe has drawn a cheering message of Tentomon!

It's currently on display at the Yodobashi Camera store in Akihabara, along with a shikishi of Tentomon drawn by director Kakudou!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The display also has the figures on display, most notably of course... Tentomon and AtlurKabuterimon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

AtlurKabuterimon will be released September 2018 for 7,200 yen and is currently up for pre-order at CDJapan at a decent discount: (affiliate link)
    Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon
    Update- Digivolving Spirits #06 AtlurKabuterimon at Amazon USA

And on top of AtlurKabuterimon...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We're only 3 weeks away from Digivolving Spirits Angewomon! The figure is officially out on May 19th in Japan. US stock will ship in July. Details and additional images of the figure can be found here. The figure will be 6,500 yen, but is also discounted from CDJapan.

#04 Angewomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at Amazon USA

And if you want to order or pre-order other Digivolving Spirits...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

#01 WarGreymon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#03 Diablomon (Affiliate link):
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at Amazon USA (currently only available from 3rd party sellers)

#05 Alphamon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon At Amazon USA

Not to mention Tamashii's teaser from awhile ago which showed two additional silhouettes on top of Tentomon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

So we can likely expect HolyAngemon and Dukemon to be revealed somewhat soon. We even have some decent shots of Dukemon on display, along with artwork and prototypes of other upcoming figures in a prior article.

Thanks to aek_digi for the photos of the Yodobashi display.

Our prior AtlurKabuterimon article is here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I'm a Maniac
    God, he looks so fantastic and I don't even like the character. This toy-line really is amazing.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Shouldn't MegaKabuterimon's color be purple since it matches Izzy's Crest of Knowledge?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    Shouldn't MegaKabuterimon's color be purple since it matches Izzy's Crest of Knowledge?
    ...no, cuz he's red

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    ...no, cuz he's red
    I was referring to the lettering.

Added an Amazon USA pre-order link.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I am so torn about these figures. On the one hand, they look awesome! On the other hand, their price tag... On the other, other hand, I don't know where I'd put them! Sticking them on a display shelf seems kind of a waste since the transformation capabilities are part of what make the toys so nice. Which leaves taking them to work to sit on my desk so I can more readily fiddle with them, and that in turn brings up the fear of A) What if I break them? B) What if something happens to them at work? C) I'm a whee bit paranoid when it comes to things with that price tag, yes...