With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One-Off Digimon RPG Show Announced During Power Rangers Hyperforce Finale

One-Off Digimon RPG Show Announced During Power Rangers Hyperforce Finale

Tonight was the finale of Power Rangers Hyperforce, a tabletop RPG streaming show, and at the end they announced something else...

A Digimon tabletop RPG show from HyperRPG, the company that makes Hyperforce has been announced!

Based on what was said, it'll be a one-off this Sunday, with Malika Lim as gamemaster.

It's just been announced, so we are waiting for additional details.

It was mentioned that it appears it might not be based on any specific season of the show.

Whether it later becomes something more than a one-off we aren't sure, but if you want it to be, watch and support it!

It should be streaming on HyperRPG's Twitch when it airs.

We'll update with information as it becomes available.

Update- Clarified a few details above.

Update- It will be at 6:30pm Pacific.

Update- It's been confirmed this is unofficial. Announcing it during an official show from a company affiliated with the brand seems to have been at least a questionable choice.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Huh, that's odd but kinda interesting at the same time.

I'll check it out if I have the time.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I don't understand exactly what this could be...is a new RPG videogames, a collab, a mini series, a cameo...? I don't know what is Hyperforce either.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I don't understand exactly what this could be...is a new RPG videogames, a collab, a mini series, a cameo...? I don't know what is Hyperforce either.
    It's basically a live-streamed tabletop game in which the story is driven by the Game Master and actors are role playing as their characters. Hyperforce is essentially a Power Rangers version of Dungeons & Dragons.

It's one of those things that's better than it sounds, but each episode runs at around 2-3 hours so it's also a lot to sit through.

Junior Commander
    Iím interested to learn how they manage to pullout a Digimon tabletop rpg.

I just checked out their Twitch channel to see archives of their Hyperforce tabletop. It looks like you have to subscribe to them just to see archives of that. I don't know if the same holds true for the live streams of it. However I was able to find it on youtube without difficulty.

Red shirt
    Wonder if we'll be getting Digimon VAs in this. Should be interesting.

Four Dark Lords. Hundreds of monsters. Five teens. One huge adventure.
    An anime-inspired web serial updated weekly.

It just occurred to me, how is this gonna work out in terms of timezones?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    I just checked out their Twitch channel to see archives of their Hyperforce tabletop. It looks like you have to subscribe to them just to see archives of that. I don't know if the same holds true for the live streams of it. However I was able to find it on youtube without difficulty.
    The livestreams are totally open. It goes to their archive the next day. It's then open on YT a week later.

Junior Commander
    So... is this treated as essentially a freeform role-play, or do they have an actual system that they use? I've been trying to nail down a Digimon tabletop RPG rule set forever now, the closest I've come is Tri-Stat system, because that can do anything pretty anything.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast