With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A new kind of Digivice

Exclamation A new kind of Digivice

Morning to everyone, as a great fan of Digimon series, I started since child to play with hand made digivice with my friends and as soon I discovered ebay I started to buy and collect digivices (when the prices weren't so crazy xD).

After several years, I thought that what I had built as a child with simple cardboard and a lot of imagination could become really true.
    The aim of this project it's build a new type of digivice (not a clone), with similar interactions (feed, sleep, clean, game, battle, stats, ecc) but with an important thing: you can start the game with your personal digimon (the same that you could use in other digivices), also with one that you make by yourself.

Currently I have already started working on it, I made a raw prototype with an arduino nano with 128*64px i2c display, a 5-way joystick (i ended my normal button) and other things:

Here the prototype on breadboard:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/fz776muxy1...otype.jpg?dl=0

Here the raw portable prototype:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qjho41h2lc...ype_1.mp4?dl=0
    (yes, it's a tiny Metalgreymon running around the screen x,D)

The final version will have a better design witha a 3D printed shell and a keychain strap to bring it everywhere (i took the idea from D-ark terminal) and also an optimized custom PCB board (arduino is only for prototyping).

The code inside still raw, I'm working in my freetime to improve it and make the final result more similar to actual digivice because they are easy to understand quicly (i'm gona show the menu interaction and other stuff in an update of this post next time).

So I'm writing here to know if anyone could be interested for this project, to understand better if could be a bigger project or to stay a personal work.

Thanks!

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    If it's actually doable, I'm interested.

Follow Punknap On Twitter
    Literally made an account just to say this looks really sick man.

impressive. would play a full color digimon v-pet game. surprised bandai hasn't made a full color v-pet yet but they made a full color tamagotchi? smh

Punknap: Hahaha thanks man! You found the right post at right time

Velocifaptor: thanks for interest man!

xSHiNOx: they are 2 different market, Digivices aren't poupolar as the normal tamagotchi also because tamagotchi it's selled worldwide, and Digivices are closed to Japan only D:

Actually in my project display is only monochrome oled, but could be with blue illumination (like mine) or white (much better), color tft display use a different protocol to show images or sprite and i'm not so able to use them, but it could be possible (also using 3D model maybe). Another thing is that i'm gona use different illumination pattern trough RGB led to show notification instead of a buzzer speaker (less work to make sounds ).

The actual aim is to create 2 prototype fully working and giveaway 1 of them by the beginning of September.

After this I'll try to update this post each Saturday to encourage myself to improve this project.
    Last edited by Inklog; 04-23-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Follow Punknap On Twitter
    I am so looking forward to this!

I come from the net Da_Duke2000's Avatar
    Send me a PM on this. I think we have a lot to discuss.
    ChinookCrafts @ Etsy
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/chinookcrafts

Digimon Tags, Legend of Zelda Rupees, Pokemon Evolution Stones, and more...

Wow, this is really cool. I can't wait to see how the project turns out!
    This makes me want to try my hand at a Quest-based digivice...

That looks great.
    I have some experience with this stuff. If i have time, i might help you.
    Love that people around the world experience the need to do stuff by themselves! hope the best of lucks!
    ---------

Add Gigamon23 on Facebook Add Gigamon23 on DeviantArt
    Really quite impressive! Keep it up!

"At last we will reveal ourselves to the Virus Busters. At last we will have revenge."
    My Stuff: Digimon: AR Monsters, Digi-Doodles!, My OC Digimon, V-Pet Blog

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast