With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: New DNA Digivolution possibilities for the D-3

Lightbulb New DNA Digivolution possibilities for the D-3

I'm trying to make a video game based off of the D-3 Digivice toys. Obviously, each D-3 was paired similarly to how it was in the show (e.g. Aquilamon+Gatomon=Silphymon, but also Gatomon+Aquilamon=Angewomon).

I want all of the D-3s in the game to be able to pair up with the other D-3s so that you aren't restricted to pairing up Davis and Ken; you could also pair up something like Davis and Yolei, but I'm wondering what Digimon they would get if the DNA Digivolve. Personally I would like some suggestions.

My preferences would be that they would come from existing Digimon to save some trouble. They don't need to be half/half like Paildramon, but it would be great if they were a conceptual fusion at least, like Shakkoumon. You don't need to think of Mega forms for them; that's just extra credit.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    If you want to go by lore, DNA absorbs the other to level up, so ExVeemon + Aquailamon would still result in Paildramon or Silphymon

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    If you want to go by lore, DNA absorbs the other to level up, so ExVeemon + Aquailamon would still result in Paildramon or Silphymon
    That's tempting but I want to view it like Rider Forms. If it gets to be too complicated, I'll fall back on that.

well exveemon + aquilamon could result in aeroveedramon? at least with exveemon as the primary digimon. allomon could also work! Although that's already hawkmon's armor evo. there's also wingdramon. So many choices!
    gatomon + angemon could maybe go to antylamon? maybe which version depends on who the primary digimon is.
    ankylomon + stingmon = alturkabuterimon?

i recommend creating an excel spreadsheet or some sort of chart so you can keep track of which combinations you've used

Someones i am not so sure, but i don't know what you think about this .

XV-mon + Stingmon = Paildramon
    Stingmon + XV-Mon = Dinobeemon

Aquilamon + Gatomon = Silphymon
    Gatomon + Aquilamon = Swanmon

Armadimon + Angemon = Shakkoumon
    Angemon + Armadimon = Kyukimon

XVmon + Aquilamon = Sethmon
    XVmon + Ankylomon = Assaultmon
    XVmon + Angemon = Gargoylemon
    XVmon + Gatomon = Kangaroomon

Stingmon + Aquilamon = Flybeemon
    Stingmon + Ankylomon = Searchmon
    Stingmon + Angemon = Coatlmon
    Stigmon + Gatomon = Mothmon

Gatomon + XV-Mon = Taomon (Silver)
    Gatomon + Stingmon = Butterflymon
    Gatomon + Angemon = Sanzomon
    Gatomon + Ankylomon = Maildramon

Angemon + XVmon = Grademon
    Angemon + Stingmon = Blade Kuwagamon
    Angemon + Ankylomon = Knightmon
    Angemon + Gatomon = Holy Angemon Priest

Aquilamon + XVmon = Allomon
    Aquilamon + Stingmon = Karatenmon
    Aquilamon + Angemon = Hippogriphomon
    Aquilamon + Ankylomon = Sparrowmon

Ankylomon + XVmon = Chamelemon
    Ankylomon + Stingmon = Digmon
    Ankylomon + Aquilamon = Pteranomon
    Ankylomon + Gatomon = Sheepmon

Thanks for the ideas! Some of these I wouldn't have thought of on my own.

One other thing, should I also make the mega forms DNA Digivolutions. In the original D-3 toy, you could connect with the Wonderswan game to get mega forms like Shakkoumon+Zudomon=Vikemon. Should I also pattern my Digivolutions like that? I may mean having to code six more guest characters.

The OG Digidestined fought more often in the later half of 02(which this game is based off of), so it wouldn't be too weird to include them as characters, but they only fought for that story arc, so they'd have to leave the party afterward anyways.

Thanks for the suggestions but Armor Digimon are a major part of the gameplay, so they can't be used twice. Everything else is fine though.

Junior Commander
    I love exercises like this. I can't think of anything off top my head, tonight when I'm at home maybe I'll be able to come up with a few ides for you. I also recommend looking through the Random Commentary on Evolutionary Relationships thread, there are probably some ideas in there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions but Armor Digimon are a major part of the gameplay, so they can't be used twice. Everything else is fine though.
    oh god, that take some time X D hahaha don't worry.

Let me see if I can think in others.