With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Ars' Art Thread

Ain't got no mojo... ArsDaemonum's Avatar
    Follow ArsDaemonum On Twitter Add ArsDaemonum on DeviantArt

Red face Ars' Art Thread

I was tentative at first, but I think it'd be cool to share some art I've done recently, seeing as how a very vast majority of it is Digimon related!

Some of these are from my personal story referred to as Project: ARKANA. So far I have the plot outlined, but no real plot-related material actually done for it as of right now |D
    Someday, though, I do want to have something of 'screenshots' finished when I do start actually working on it! The characters that'll be seen most often from that are Agni, Garmr, Ghalt, and a couple others (my Digifakes Gevaumon and Laithmon). Who knows, I might end up actually talking more about it now that I have a thread for just art!

Starting off with one of my favorite Digimon of all time! I RP him on the side, so this was a small thing just so I could indulge in drawing characters I actually play. He's up on Tumblr here, too.

Immediately following with the protagonists for Arkana. I draw them more often than I should...
    Now it becomes kinda obvious that Frontier was my favorite season, huh?
    Their profiles are separate up on DA, but Agni and Garmr are almost always together when I draw them.

And finally--

The day they released Flamon's original beta design, I jumped on drawing it so fast. Probably the fastest I've ever actually finished a drawing after an announcement.

I tried to be varied on my initial post here, but it doesn't look like I managed that-- they're all Hybrids right off the bat. Haha, at least I'm being transparent about the ones I'll end up drawing the most!
    All the images are covered in artifacts because I pulled them from my Twitter, mostly so the size doesn't cause any problems. I tend to draw pretty big, so I'll try to resize from now on so they don't consume page space that much!

I'll try to keep consistent with updates, mostly because I have a LOT more than what's here-- I just wanted to start a little strong. Next time, I'll try to have some sketches and other smaller things. Right now, I'm in the thick of classes, but I love drawing Digimon so much that it's really served as a drive to continue my art career.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    I love your artstyle so much! That AncientGreymon is so impressive!! Thanks for sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    I love your artstyle so much! That AncientGreymon is so impressive!! Thanks for sharing
    Thank you! He's definitely one of my favorites to draw, so definitely expect more sometime.

Gonna be adding more to the thread as well! Kicking off the update with one of my personal favorites I've done; Gaioumon here really helped me through a SERIOUS artblock this last November.

And for some reason, this Halsemon|Holsmon really took off. I'm fond of them though, it was a fun style experiment~

Finally, another Arkana piece! Featuring a very sleepy Agni; BurningGreymon|Vritramon's head type is so fun to draw, I adore any time I get to render it~

WOW I'm behind on updating this! Especially when I've been trying my hardest to keep drawing, now that I have to dodge and weave between final projects.

Starting with my absolute favorite Armor Evolution, Lighdramon!

And just recently, I've been sketching a lot to get my hand looser in spite of stress. This boy was done to combat that, despite being one of the most complex Digimon I've ever drawn.

And finally, I open doodle requests over Twitter when I have serious artblock and need something to draw, because Digimon is one of my biggest muse franchises. This was from about a week ago, before I had to start the final leg of the semester

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    That Garmmon is SO AMAZING 😍😍

Love that Ebidramon pic ^O^

And that Beta Flamon design too !!

It's been a hilariously long time since I updated, whoops! Thank you for the compliments as well!! I take all of them to heart, they're a real boost in confidence for me.

Few more sketches for today, both with a couple of my favorite Ancients! Even if they're quick sketches, they're still forcing me to learn how to draw these two from memory. I'm already at that point with AncientGreymon, but surprisingly, I'm starting to get to that point for AncientGarurumon!

And an RP-based doodle for good measure.

To finish off this (surprisingly small) update, I have yet another Ancient-- this is how AncientIrismon will be appearing in my fan project, should I ever get around to it! I wanted to embrace the more beastly aspect of the Warrior Ten while keeping her elegant; it's likely I'll have her retain her old form via Slide Evolution or a Mode Change.

Haven't updated in a long time, I'm so sorry! I've been much more active on my Twitter and keep forgetting to update the thread.

I did notice that I use rather large canvases, I apologize for how big the image sizes are! If there's any way to adjust that, I'd love to know both to update previous pieces and to keep in mind for the future.

Starting off with an Arkana-based piece! AncientGarurumon meets with AncientSphinxmon to discuss the possible course of the future after their battle with Lucemon. This takes place well before the story itself, so the rest of the Warriors meet a foregone conclusion.

And then some outright Frontier fanart! I wonder what my favorite Digimon is...
    Some of this is for my RP blog, which is why I draw AncientGreymon so often.

And some headshots of my Digimon from Links! Of course I went and got attached to them all enough to want to develop characters.

And finishing off with my piece for Odaiba Day! Very late here, but I'm happy with the fact that I finished it in time.