With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 English Home Video Discussion

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 English Home Video Discussion

Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 has started to ship early in the USA for those who ordered from Shout. The standard release date is April 24th.

Feel free to discuss anything about Part 4 here, the release, the story, etc.

It will also be out at the end of April in the UK.

Please don't discuss later parts of tri. for those who are waiting for the home video releases.

Affiliate links if you still need to order tri.:
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Blu-ray Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Blu-ray Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Blu-ray Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Blu-ray Combo
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 DVD

And for those in the UK: (not affiliate links)
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 Blu-ray Collector's Edition
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 1 DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 Blu-ray Collector's Edition
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 2 DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 Blu-ray Collector's Edition
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 3 DVD
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Blu-Ray Collector's Edition
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 DVD

Junior Commander
    I think this has been the weakest English release so far. It definitely painted a lot more of the information as black and white, rather than grey. And it gave off a much worse impression of Maki. Instead of seeing her as somewhat sympathetic in trying to get Tapirmon back, she just seems like a horrible and selfish person, as she seems to know that Gennai has turned evil, and doesn't care about the repercussions, as long as she gets Tapirmon back. It also felt odd to me that despite Hackmon saying it's the same Gennai, they still kept referring to him as 'Dark Gennai', as though there were still two different people. But what really disappointed me was that the evolutions for Biyomon, Tentomon, and Patamon seemed much less significant than the original, which I think is saying something for Patamon. Really, all they need to do is just ask to go Mega? That feels like such a cop out.

I think the voice acting worked well overall, now that everyone seems to be into the flow of it, though Koromon definitely sounded wrong. But he wasn't around longer enough to get too upset by it.

I think my biggest disappointment was that they didn't really include any bonus material on this one. Josh Seth did a good job with the recap, but no one is going to be jumping in on Part 4, so I'm guessing it's pointless for 99% of the audience. They could easily have done another interview segment with some of the cast, which would have been so much more interesting.

Still glad I got it of course, but I hope the Part 5 & 6 releases are much better.