With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Digimon Tamers BD-Box! Scans, Screencaps, & Discussion! & Audio Drama Translation!

  1. #41
    The first post has been updated with week 1 sales. Those are being copy pasted here also...


    We have first week sales for Tamers on Blu-ray thanks to ANN.

    First week sales put Digimon Tamers on Blu-ray at 2nd place on the anime Blu-ray charts with sales of 2,034.


    With all the pushing Toei, Konaka, Happinet, etc. did this would appear to not be a great showing based on prior Digimon Blu-ray boxes.

    While we never expected it to touch the week 1 sales Adventure got (12,094), which were abnormally high, to only end up hitting roughly 2/3rds of Zero-Two's numbers (3,171), especially with the heavy promotion they did on social media regarding the set and it having a new audio drama by the original stuff that acted as a sequel, it's hard to take this as having done well.

    While a bit harder to compare, the Digimon the Movies Blu-ray box sold 5,190 it's first week.


    The Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box isn't a failure as far as performance for legacy anime content on Blu-ray, but it feels like Tamers should have done more based around the energy the release seemed to have.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  2. #42
    I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,259
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Wasn't it the Tamers Blu-ray Box more expensive than the other collections? At least it seems quite more sophisticated. Thay may explain the relatively low sales thus far compared to the others.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Wasn't it the Tamers Blu-ray Box more expensive than the other collections? At least it seems quite more sophisticated. Thay may explain the relatively low sales thus far compared to the others.

    There was no functional price difference between the Adventure, 02, and Tamers Blu-ray boxes at the initial time of release.


    Minus one...
    02's first print limited edition was more expensive than the Adventure and Tamers boxes by a decent degree.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  4. #44
    I'm going digital
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    482
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    The first post has been updated with week 1 sales. Those are being copy pasted here also...


    We have first week sales for Tamers on Blu-ray thanks to ANN.

    First week sales put Digimon Tamers on Blu-ray at 2nd place on the anime Blu-ray charts with sales of 2,034.


    With all the pushing Toei, Konaka, Happinet, etc. did this would appear to not be a great showing based on prior Digimon Blu-ray boxes.

    While we never expected it to touch the week 1 sales Adventure got (12,094), which were abnormally high, to only end up hitting roughly 2/3rds of Zero-Two's numbers (3,171), especially with the heavy promotion they did on social media regarding the set and it having a new audio drama by the original stuff that acted as a sequel, it's hard to take this as having done well.

    While a bit harder to compare, the Digimon the Movies Blu-ray box sold 5,190 it's first week.


    The Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box isn't a failure as far as performance for legacy anime content on Blu-ray, but it feels like Tamers should have done more based around the energy the release seemed to have.
    Since Tamers isn't really popular in Japan (though it had dedicated cult following) and the fact that the Japanese only care of Adventure and 02 anime related, I'm not surprised.
    I could expect Frontier, Savers, or XW Blu-Ray doing much lower than Tamers though if it's ever released...

  5. #45
    I'm going digital B-mon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    26
    Posts
    560
    That's disappointing. I had to cancel my pre-order for bills, but definitely re-ordering next week. Though, I heard Oricon does not include international sales. Even so, I doubt those are noteworthy in terms units sold.

    That number for Adventure is insane. No wonder the eight partner Digimon dominate all the merch. Konaka claimed the Tamers box only really happened because of Happinet; this makes a release of anything else look very bleak.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    Since Tamers isn't really popular in Japan (though it had dedicated cult following) and the fact that the Japanese only care of Adventure and 02 anime related, I'm not surprised.
    I could expect Frontier, Savers, or XW Blu-Ray doing much lower than Tamers though if it's ever released...
    Saying 'it has a cult following' nowadays doesn't really mean much.


    And I'm not surprised either, but a number of fans have an expectation that Tamers is more popular than it is (basically confirmation bias.)

    Tamers being less popular than 02 overall seems to be true in most places, Tamers simply has more strident fans.



    The next bit is for anyone a bit negative based on the sales.


    I also certainly wouldn't call the box a failure. For legacy content on Blu-ray it did not perform poorly. The disappointment stems from it not doing better based on the effort taken on social media by Happinet in general, and Konaka in particular, along with the marketing of it having a sequel audio drama, etc.


    I had two estimates myself, one was a small range, based on if fans really connected and took to the set, but didn't go nuts.
    The second was what I felt the low end and high end would be, assuming it didn't bomb or do absolutely amazingly.

    The real number was... shockingly close to the low end estimate from the second group.


    Realistically, regardless of which is more popular, Tamers in this case 'should' have done better than 02, or at least on par with it.



    The fact that a number of retailers sold out of their first print allocation before, or right around, release also suggests that Happinet had a somewhat reasonable idea of what they were putting out.


    I don't see the numbers as being low enough to harm future Blu-ray boxes, but neither are they are high enough that'll make Happinet jump to do them quickly in a vacuum (the very fact they waited a bit longer to do it suggests they weren't expecting it to pull out Adventure, or even 02, numbers in the first place.)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  7. #47
    I'm a Maniac KoushiroIZZYIzumi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Outside Gotham (okay, I meant Chicago, which was filmed for at least TWO of Nolan's Batman films)
    Posts
    146
    It makes me wonder how many of those Adventure and Zero Two Blu-ray box set sales were a result of scalpers buying them up.


    From what I've noticed, Amazon Japan did something different this time around by limiting units of the Tamers box set to 1 per account (or at least the Amazon exclusive edition from my experience).


    That limited edition set is still available, now with the limit removed.
    Last edited by KoushiroIZZYIzumi; 04-10-2018 at 08:25 PM.

  8. #48
    There are no numbers for second week sales of Digimon Tamers on Blu-ray because the box did not chart for that week.

    The last item we have numbers for is Toy Story 2 at 20th place on the anime Blu-ray charts. It sold 210 copies in it's 206th week.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  9. #49
    I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,259
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Why is this happening? 😢 I don't get it...

  10. #50
    Completely digital Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    914
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Toy Story 2 under anime?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •