With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon Tamers BD-Box! Scans, Screencaps, & Discussion! & Audio Drama Translation!

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Wow that breakdown is really nice! Thank you to all who donated for one.

Now about that CD...I feel cheated but should have expected it to 'not be completed' lol. This -almost- makes me want a Tamers 2... and I was one of the few who was not a fan of Tamers lol.

I'm going digital
    woah, this is great and so much technological references here which relates to modern techs. But then, I think the content of the Drama CD itself is kinda... convoluted, or perhaps Konaka deliberately make that to give some mysterious feeling of "what's happening" all these time.

I think that the meetup from Tamers with their digimon lasted soo quickly and anticlimatic without even much more dramatical moments for being years separated. Again I dunno the time settings in this. Could it be that in the time 2018 the adult Tamers had reunited with their digimon before since the more advanced modern technology?

I felt this is just like "oh we're in the future and there's a new enemy much stronger than D-Reaper, gonna stop it again, call our digimon and do that" with addition that it uses some time paradox towards Takato since the adult Takato was missing (which probably could've been missing since the time leap begin).

The Tri's generic feeling (which I hated) is quite strong in this drama CD. Or it could be just my feeling?

I guess the big picture of Beelzebumon and Dukemon must have been a different/more expensive pre-order? I pre-ordered from Amazon and didn’t get it, but if it was two separate pre-order links, I probably chose the “normal” version to save money. Not sure since it was a while ago.

I like the set. The quality of the video is, as you described, what you would expect — but even so, I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the show looks. The OP and EDs seem hard-subbed in Japanese, not sure how common that is but I thought it was interesting and will help me with kanji.

Interesting that this one has an obi strip while the individual Adventre sets don’t (the big box does), I guess it wouldn’t have worked with the images on those though.

You’re meant to keep that durable plastic wrapping? Oops.....lol.

So far, I've only noticed the show looking a bit off during some of the next-episode previews, particularly the preview for episode 2. Can anyone else confirm? It doesn’t look bad but when Takato’s principal moves on that preview, the lines suddenly look janky. But that might be one example of the minor issues described in the overview of the set, which was done very well.

I haven’t read a translation of the drama CD yet, I want to listen through it first without it to see how much I can piece together, but many thanks to everyone involved in providing it.

Thanks for doing this!

Here i am hoping Renamon went on her own journey (maybe with Lopmon?) to find a way back to Rika?

Add saifors on DeviantArt
    Okay, Before this CD Drama I wanted a Tamers sequel. Now I REALLY want it. Really like the setup, feels like it go into some kind of time travel shenanigans. Also I want to see Ruki Motocrossing.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I dislike Time Travel.

Evil Renamon would be interesting.

That it though? It barely feels like one anime episode, I thought it'd be like, movie length. Feels like a waste making it unless they do like 30 more. I do wanna know what happens with evil Renamon though.

Shame Locomon isn't canon. In my head canon they showed up for one day, at random, with Locomon then left for 20 years.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    I dislike Time Travel.

Evil Renamon would be interesting.

That it though? It barely feels like one anime episode, I thought it'd be like, movie length. Feels like a waste making it unless they do like 30 more. I do wanna know what happens with evil Renamon though.

Shame Locomon isn't canon. In my head canon they showed up for one day, at random, with Locomon then left for 20 years.
    I quite agree that time travel feels like a kinda cheap plot to make... it feels like a general fanfiction people always make to predict something's sequel or additional story.

Add Shadious on DeviantArt Add Shadious on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by saifors View Post
    Okay, Before this CD Drama I wanted a Tamers sequel. Now I REALLY want it. Really like the setup, feels like it go into some kind of time travel shenanigans. Also I want to see Ruki Motocrossing.
    Second this. Personally, I think it could fare batter than Tri. (Left me bummed a bit after reading its spoilers thread.)
    Bored of Knife of Day?

Visit McGann's Youtube Channel
    Thanks to Onkei for the Audio Drama translation. And Marc for posting and helping with tweaks.

It felt a bit weird. Like conceptually some cool stuff happened (Takato being transported to the future was an interesting approach, especially the potential to have him play off modern advances in technology), and the Terriermon/Guilmon scenes were the highlight of the whole thing, but the way it played out felt a bit bare-bones and rushed (the reunions, the explanation of how Takato travelled through time, and where his modern day self is).

It kinda reads more like a transcript of a Comic Book trying to cram in a bunch of shocking moments. However, a more evenly paced version of this with the actual visuals would be a bold way to kick off a new Series.
    Last edited by McGann; 04-06-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    "Never attempt anything without the gloves."

Ain't got no mojo...
    I agree with you. I felt it was way too rushed, and honestly it hasn’t managed to make me nostalgic so much. The only thing that has managed to do that was the broken Juri, waiting for Takato to come back. Even the reunion felt so quick o-o.
    Am I the only one who think Ruki is totally different here? Am I the only one who is freaked out by adult Jianliang’s voice? ahahahah
    Anyway, I’m fascinated by Takato’s disappearance, it could come out a very interesting sequel (who knows, we hope.)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast