With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1724252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: tri. Part 6 Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Libra View Post
    Another question also remains unanswered forever regarding Mimi's Rosemon. Why should she have a pink orb with the symbol of the crest of light carved on it?!! The symbols on Seraphimon's armor and Wargreymon's shield are just OK. New helical tail of Holydramon is also justified somehow. But the crest of light has never had anything to do with palmon's digivolution or Mimi's determination to fight or anything like that throughout the anime series. The design seems so meaningless in the context of digimon adventure, but it's being used everywhere. I really can't understand why.
    So what's so bad about the symbol being meaningless? It was always part of Rosemon's design and in this context tri somehow changing it would have been extremely weird and pointless. You might as well ask why MirageGaogamon has the digital hazard symbol when that concept doesn't even seem to have much significance in the world of Savers. Symbols in terms of designs simply tend to exist regardless of their meaning.

Red shirt
    It's not the crest of light, the symbol is different. Look up Rosemon Tiferet on Google. Babamon also has the same necklace. It's a reference to the Kabbalah.
    Last edited by Oki; 04-15-2018 at 04:36 PM.

I'm a Maniac
    My 2 cents I’ve always considered Adventure’s lore secondary to the overall franchise lore (tamagotchi/some games). Not a popular sentiment though...

Junior Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Oki View Post
    It's not the crest of light, the symbol is different. Look up Rosemon Tiferet on Google. Babamon also has the same necklace. It's a reference to the Kabbalah.
    Sorry my bad. Even in its anisometric form, there is a 45 drees difference between the orientation of the two symbols. Sephirothmon clearly shows the whole concept, sefirot and tiferet as part of it, but I never thought of rosemon's symbol as a tiferet and to my own surprise, I have never read her profile properly to know the reason despite wondering why! How stupid of me! I'm so sorry and thanks for the info .

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    So what's so bad about the symbol being meaningless? It was always part of Rosemon's design and in this context tri somehow changing it would have been extremely weird and pointless. You might as well ask why MirageGaogamon has the digital hazard symbol when that concept doesn't even seem to have much significance in the world of Savers. Symbols in terms of designs simply tend to exist regardless of their meaning.
    Maybe not so bad, but if it was the case, it would still be a questionable design with no answer from the show. However, I was completely wrong about the symbolism. Thanks for sharing your idea.
    Last edited by Libra; 04-15-2018 at 05:52 PM.

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Back on topic. Thank you.

So, I'm excited to see this movie, even with spoilers being out there.

And I've grown to like the fact that Holydramon is Tailmon's Mega. I was against it at first, but now I think it does fit with the aesthetic of Tailmon's line.

I do wish that normal Ophanimon would be a branch evolution for Tailmon, but then again, I also wish Goddramon was a branch evolution for Patamon, so I'm just saying my opinions at this point.

I've also seen on Wikimon that all 6 Megas fuse with Omegamon to create MM, but I'm not sure if that's correct.
    Pokémon fan at heart, but growing to like Digimon.

I always liked Holydramon, if for no other reason that it looks exactly how Falkor was described in The Neverending Story with the exception of having wings (lion-like face, pink scales, fur, long body... I suppose the fire that Falkor breathed was blue instead of red but whatever) and I always wished it was given something to do. Tri of course is not the place for that wish to be fulfilled...

Quote Originally Posted by Shutmon View Post
    this just really confirmed for me tri DESERVED a serialization in tv than ovas bc from what I'm reading, it just becomes a major let down
    Agree but Toei chose Supers to serialize into a series and didn't want to give Tri the series. However I think if there's a Tri sequel which I think is very big possibility it's gonna be a anime series.

When the Digimon lost their memories, it could have been a really good starting point for a new series. They could have had fresh new evolution lines and everything (although I suppose in this hypothetical Hououmon would have had to have been shoved in an earlier episode). It could have been fun.

If they do a new series starting from this point I'd be worried that it'd just be more of the same. The plot of tri isn't unsalvagable by any means and a competent writer could pull it out of his dungheap... but God. Please no more of the same.

I'm going digital
    A question I have is what are the confirmed spoilers for the movie?

Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1724252627282930 ... LastLast