With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zero-Two, Tamers, Frontier, and Savers Anniversaries!

Zero-Two, Tamers, Frontier, and Savers Anniversaries!

Thought one post for all of these would be a good idea since they are in the first week of April.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Early April has a lot of big and important premieres for Digimon, so best to do them all at once!

Their Japanese premiere dates were:

Digimon Adventure Zero-Two premiered on April 2nd, 2000. So it premiered 18 years ago tomorrow.
    Digimon Tamers premiered on April 1st, 2001. So it premiered 17 years ago today.
    Digimon Frontier premiered on April 7th, 2002. So 16 years ago on this upcoming Saturday was when it premiered.
    Digimon Savers premiered on April 2nd, 2006. So it premiered 12 years ago tomorrow.

Everyone has lots of thoughts and memories about these shows I'm sure.

And of course, just a few days until the big Digimon Tamers Blu-ray Box is out!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Pre-orders are available for the Digimon Tamers Blu-ray box. It will be available April 3rd, 2018 for 53,800 yen. Early versions of the box will include the new Tamers audio drama (check before you order if the audio drama is still available.)

The first link is a CDJapan affiliate link that helps the site.
    Digimon Tamers BD-Box
    Digimon Tamers BD-Box Amazon Edition (includes F4 size (8.27 x 12.99 inches) fine board.)

We're planning to do a breakdown of this release like we do for many media releases. If you are able to, donating or joining our Patreon can be a big help.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add frankiemon827 on Facebook
    wow time just fly by...by the way is there any reason that all these series started in April or it is just some kind of coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by frankiemon827 View Post
    wow time just fly by...by the way is there any reason that all these series started in April or it is just some kind of coincidence?
    TV seasons tend to begin and end at roughly the same time every year.

So in the case of 02, Tamers, and Frontier, each is roughly a year long, and the next show premiered the next week.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

I come from the net
    They sure love April incidentally. But i wonder if they're going to do something for those in the next few years.

Why are the Blu-Ray releases so expensive 😱

Ain't got no mojo... msanimegeek's Avatar
    Follow msanimegeek On Twitter Visit msanimegeek's Youtube Channel Add msanimegeek on DeviantArt
    Well, this makes me feel old.... those dates just slap me in the face realizing its been like, 18 years. My childhood just seemed to stand still.
    Life is too short not to live and love. I've lost too many long-time friends in the past 4 years to not understand that. Be a proponent of peace, love and adventure. Make a difference, no matter how small in someone else's life.

CDE Jan 97-Nov 13
    JAC Dec 96-May 15
    RCS May 96-Jan 16
    DAS Jun 97-Jan 17
    KWJ Oct 89-Jun 18

http://msanimegeek.tumblr.com http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2665930/

Seeing this reminds me of how much I hope we will get a new animated series after tri ends. Tri and Appmon are the only things I have watched while they air, but I would love to watch live again in the future!

There tends to be a three year gap between the end of an era and the beginning of a new one, with Appmon being an outlier(or perhaps the outlier is tri. considering its different production). I wouldn't expect a new series any sooner than 2020.

Every time I'm reminded of these anniversaries I feel like it just couldn't be that long ago, but it is. I'm in my 20s, so just trying to grasp the concept of "this is what 16 years looks like as an isolated chunk of time" is rough. I hope somebody in charge feels the urge to push the other series out on Blu-ray.

I'm also feeling old oh damn..
    I still recall when I watched Digimon Adventure and 02 on Fox Kids. Such gold times.

Completely digital Velocifaptor's Avatar
    Sometimes the Real World, sometimes the Dream World, although I prefer the Digital World
    Follow Velocifaptor On Twitter Add Velocifaptor on Facebook Visit Velocifaptor's Youtube Channel Add Velocifaptor on Steam Add Velocifaptor on Google+
    Damn, has it really been that long? I remember watching the Fox Kids VCRs of Adventure on my TV way back last decade, as well as the Deltamon episode of Zero Two on TV. Time flies huh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast