With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Erismon Plush... For Promotional Use Only? Plus a ReArise Interview

I have a mighty need. That plush is so cute damn. Really disappointed they won't be releasing it for sale...

I come from the net
    It's a very cute plush. Hope it gets released. It could sell some amount.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    Huh. So it's Herismon/Herissmon. That's nteresting.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Putting this here since it's the most recent ReArise news thread and I wanted to mention a few things about some of the stuff we saw in their tweets recently...
    The first is a recent tweet about the antagonistic force in the story, the so called "Spiral". It doesn't reveal much but the interesting point to be found here is that the spiral Digimon are not actually Digimon but, the "Spiral" mimicking Digimon. Hence the Keramon is not described as a "Spiral type Keramon" or "infected Keramon" but as a "Keramon type Spiral". In other words, this isn't actually a tri. style case of infected Digimon (although that could still be incorporated as a way for the spiral to get data) but rather something between the D-reaper and the Dark Tower Digimon from 02. The name "Spiral" also offers yet another connection to Erismon's line: As we've seen his higher forms start evolving drills, and drills are of course nothing more than elongated spirals and the drill itself is the primary utility for the practical application of spiral shape and spiral motion (just look at gurren lagann).

The second thing is that they are showing a few evolution sequences, Botamon to Koromon and Koromon to ToyAgumon (nice to see them not just sticking to the normal Agumon here) and I just wanted to point out that the style of the evolutions in this game seems to be very nice amalgamation of evolution styles from other parts of the franchise. They of course keep the blue background that many Digimon games use for their evolution but the rest comes from other Sources; The initial spinning motion with accompanying glowing particles is very close to the original evolutions in Adventure but the second half, where the evolved form is "built up" by passing through a ring closely resembles the new evolution sequences from tri (the ring even features binary data... gotta look out for 2s lol). One could even make a case that the use of wireframe shading harks back to Tamers but it might also just continuing the style of earlier games that also liked to use it (and I'm very grateful for that since it offers a detailed view of their geometry).

So far most of it seems like a nice improvement over Linkz.

edit: also, concerning the secret secondary meaning of Erismon's name, I'm still betting on "eris" being a some sort of pun on "arise".

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Could you not have made a new thread with it? it's some interesting information. I like the new evolution screen and the spiral thing is interesting. Especially the link to Gurren Lagann, I mean Erismon.

Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Could you not have made a new thread with it? it's some interesting information. I like the new evolution screen and the spiral thing is interesting. Especially the link to Gurren Lagann, I mean Erismon.
    Eh, I'm talking about 3 tweets, two of which are already a few days old and most of it is just me giving my opinion on them... that's not exactly news.

Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    the spiral Digimon are not actually Digimon but, the "Spiral" mimicking Digimon
    well after they showed skullgreymon in the opening song as main enemy and not a spiral mon it was a little expected for the spiral to not be real digimon

edit: also, concerning the secret secondary meaning of Erismon's name, I'm still betting on "eris" being a some sort of pun on "arise".
    i thought something like that as well but the names aren't too much alike so i just forgot about it

edit: and don't we have an official rearise discussion thread to say all this things?
    Last edited by shaikgb; 04-05-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaikgb View Post
    well after they showed skullgreymon in the opening song as main enemy and not a spiral mon it was a little expected for the spiral to not be real digimon
    They showed them fighting against plenty of spiral Digimon, so them not being real Digimon seems to have little to do with their ability to appear as enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by shaikgb View Post
    edit: and don't we have an official rearise discussion thread to say all this things?
    That thread doesn't exist yet. It's usually created when it's actually possible for people to play the game and there is more to discuss about it than the occasional news release.

They showed them fighting against plenty of spiral Digimon, so them not being real Digimon seems to have little to do with their ability to appear as enemies.
    i meant that since there is a non spiral mon fighting with the spiral mons there was less chance for the spiral mons to be infected mons and more chances that they were created as spiral mons because if it was an infection the skullgreymon was probably blocky as well so it isn't that surprising that they aren't real mons

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Thanks for the info Theigno. This really looks interesting (I bet nobody thought about this possibility). I can see also ome strong parallelism with the Digimon created by Quartzmon in Young Hunters. Also, "Spiral" being a "Leviathan" AI-type of antagonistic force.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12