With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 41

Thread: Digivolving Spirits #06 is AtlurKabuterimon!

  1. #1

    Digivolving Spirits #06 is AtlurKabuterimon!

    We know a new Digivolving Spirits figure a bit early!

    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    This weekend was Anime Japan
    , and while they didn't announce any big Digimon news there, we did get one bit of fantastic information... accidentally.

    Digivolving Spirits #06 is AtlurKabuterimon from Digimon Adventure!


    The Tentomon/AtlurKabuterimon figure was first shown off in prototype form (as Tentomon) last year at a Tamashii Nations event, and during a livestream at the same event they showed a super early prototype of the AtlurKabuterimon.

    This is our first decent look at the AtlurKabuterimon form of the figure.


    One might wonder how we ended up finding out about AtlurKabuterimon early, especially since Tamashii had been promoting showing it off soon as part of a Twitter campaign.


    Well... look at the picture carefully.

    A small explanation in photo form, from a prior Tamashii article...

    Image Thumbnail (custom)


    The box they have on display at Anime Expo isn't blanked out in the preview window.



    We'll update with further news and images about AtlurKabuterimon once they are available.



    On top of AtlurKabuterimon, there are a number of other Digivolving Spirits figures we've seen to some degree, but without formal release announcements thus far.

    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    From this recent teaser we can expect Patamon/HolyAngemon and Guilmon/Dukemon to be 7 and 8 (although we aren't sure of the order.)


    We've seen photos of the Dukemon figure...

    Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

    But only art of HolyAngemon alongside Lilymon, Garudamon, and Zudomon. One of the stated goals of the line was to have the 8 Digimon from the end of Adventure side by side as figures.


    At the same Tamashii event that first showed off Tentomon, Dukemon, and the other partner artwork we also got to see Ouryumon.

    Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

    Ouryumon turns into the Ouryuken for Alphamon rather than Ryudamon, and we are still waiting for additional details on this figure.



    Thanks to wasuretenaizo for the image of AtlurKabuterimon.



    Update- The Diablomon Festival Twitter Campaign is up to 250 photo tweets. At 500 is when they do 3 prize packages, and 1,000 is when they show new Digivolving Spirits figures. Although it appears to be referring to a 'lineup' rather than a singular figure, so perhaps if the number gets hit we'll get to see HolyAngemon and Dukemon also...




    As for the Digivolving Spirits figures you can currently order...

    Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

    #01 WarGreymon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

    #02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #02 MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits #02 MetalGarurumon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

    #03 Diablomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at Amazon USA (currently only available from 3rd party sellers)

    #04 Angewomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at Amazon USA

    #05 Alphamon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon At Amazon USA
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  2. #2
    I come from the net
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,640
    Okay I was huge fan of the transformer toys and I had Beast War toys as a child but even being experienced to know every Beast transformer toys depending on their model classes. I unable to tell how Tentomon transform into AtlurKabuterimon work. I bet it's kind of Shellformer transformer but the center body will transform inside out/out inside to flip transform I guess?

  3. #3
    Completely digital Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    901
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Still sucks they're going with season 1 and not Tri. H-Kabu would've been a great new figure.

  4. #4
    Completely digital Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    691
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Still sucks they're going with season 1 and not Tri. H-Kabu would've been a great new figure.
    That can always happen later though, no one was expecting Diaboromon, Alphamon, Guilmon, or the remaining six Partners to get figures in the first place and yet we're getting them.

    They probably avoided anything tri related for this line because tri won't be finished until later this year hence why we haven't seen figures of Hackmon or Meicoomon but got one of Alphamon, Diaboromon, and Guilmon since they have appeared outside of tri.
    Last edited by Chimera-gui; 03-25-2018 at 02:41 PM.

  5. #5
    I wouldn't be thinking that far in advance yet. Bandai have a nasty habit of cancelling lines without finishing the full set, so let's just hope we get all 8 of the Season 1 cast in the first place before we start worrying about alternate versions like HerakleKabuterimon. I'm starting to think that Ouryumon is never going to see the light of day.

  6. #6
    Completely digital Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    691
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Fair enough though I've only seen that happen with the Data Squad line which sold poorly to begin with whereas this line has seemingly been selling well.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

  7. #7
    I'm a Maniac
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    123
    I think I値l pick up Alphamon next month... hopefully he値l still be available.

    Really hope his sword-bro will see the light of day. Guess we値l see if Alphamon痴 wings pop out or something. At least it could serve as a hint.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    That can always happen later though, no one was expecting Diaboromon, Alphamon, Guilmon, or the remaining six Partners to get figures in the first place and yet we're getting them.
    Honestly, only Diablomon is a huge surprise. Alphamon and Guilmon are surprises to get so early, but out of popular characters who would get figures, they were always going to be decently up the list (that Alphamon doesn't completely look like a mess is still the biggest surprise thus far probably)

    Alphamon we knew about the first day the line was 'properly' introduced, and the other 6 partners we actually expected. Mostly because they told us from the beginning that one of the 'goals' of the line was to have the 8 from the end of Adventure lined up.


    Quote Originally Posted by King in Pink View Post
    I wouldn't be thinking that far in advance yet. Bandai have a nasty habit of cancelling lines without finishing the full set, so let's just hope we get all 8 of the Season 1 cast in the first place before we start worrying about alternate versions like HerakleKabuterimon.
    Bandai stops lines when they don't sell. As a toy line should be.

    I'm starting to think that Ouryumon is never going to see the light of day.
    I mean, we saw a handmade prototype 4 months ago. I don't know how quickly you expect them to announce stuff. At the same time we saw that prototype we saw borderline complete design prototypes for Tentomon and Dukemon. That fans have unrealistic expectations for how fast toys are made doesn't change that it's a long process.

    Remember, we have design documents from the line showing that stuff along the lines of the WarGreymon design was basically done in 2016, MetalGarurumon was basically done in February 2017, Diablomon was largely finished designwise in March 2017, and they had the design basically done, with rudimentary prototypes of Alphamon in hand in 2016, long before the line was even formally announced. These are long processes, and things aren't even going to necessarily come out in the order they were designed in. Alphamon isn't scheduled until July. Wondering if Ouryumon has been cancelled is beyond premature at this point.


    Quote Originally Posted by RogueX4 View Post
    I think I値l pick up Alphamon next month... hopefully he値l still be available.
    At this point pre-orders are still plentiful.

    Guess we値l see if Alphamon痴 wings pop out or something. At least it could serve as a hint.
    It appears the Alphamon toy was designed 'far' before Ouryumon was, I wouldn't necessarily expect the wings to be involved. Perhaps an accessory that can come and clip onto Ouryumon when not in use or something.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  9. #9
    Completely digital Chimera-gui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    691
    Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcFBR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    That can always happen later though, no one was expecting Diaboromon, Alphamon, Guilmon, or the remaining six Partners to get figures in the first place and yet we're getting them.
    Honestly, only Diablomon is a huge surprise. Alphamon and Guilmon are surprises to get so early, but out of popular characters who would get figures, they were always going to be decently up the list (that Alphamon doesn't completely look like a mess is still the biggest surprise thus far probably)

    Alphamon we knew about the first day the line was 'properly' introduced, and the other 6 partners we actually expected. Mostly because they told us from the beginning that one of the 'goals' of the line was to have the 8 from the end of Adventure lined up.
    Fair points, Alphamon and Gallantmon are popular enough to get figures as part of the line though I was at least partially remarking on how early we got them since neither were in the original Adventure so I was expecting figures to be revealed later than they did assuming they'd get figures since the goal you noted makes it seem like the line was exclusively for Adventure.
    I'll work to see that justice will be fully served, meow~!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimera-gui View Post
    Fair points, Alphamon and Gallantmon are popular enough to get figures as part of the line though I was at least partially remarking on how early we got them since neither were in the original Adventure so I was expecting figures to be revealed later than they did assuming they'd get figures since the goal you noted makes it seem like the line was exclusively for Adventure.
    Unless I'm misremembering, we had seen Diablomon and Alphamon 'before' they told us that specific goal, and Alphamon was always labeled as being from X-Evolution, I believe they even had the DVD case on display with him early on... (Diablomon is of course from one of the movies, but he's labeled differently.)

    It was less that the 'goal' was to be an Adventure line, and more that one of the goals of the line was to mimic a specific scene from Adventure as they went forward with the line.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •