With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: DigimonRPG 'Not installed'.

Ain't got no mojo...

Exclamation DigimonRPG 'Not installed'.

[[IGNORE THE MESSAGES ASKING ABOUT ACTIVEX]

Thank you for helping fellow Tamers!
    When I click 'Game Start', a popup window reads '디지몬RPG가 설치되어있지 않습니다. 홈페이지(www.digimonrpg.com)를 방문해주세요.'

This translates to: 'The Digimon RPG is not installed.
    Please visit the website (www.digimonrpg.com)'

I have tried reinstalling the game from scratch various times and I have tried the manual patch to no avail. Here is a screenshot of the problematic issue: https://i.imgur.com/WNd9c6l.jpg Please help, this game is a huge chunk of my childhood!!

Thanks,
    Hakaru
    Last edited by Hakaru; 04-17-2018 at 05:16 AM. Reason: New problem

First off, I'm surprised that there's anyone in the english speaking fandom still playing this game since they started requiring a Korean mobile phone humber or I-pin for account registration...
    As for your problem it seems that your browser is too modern for the site. ActiveX is an outdated Internet Explorer technology unsupported by Chrome and other modern browsers. There might be some chrome extensions that can hack support for that back in but probably the easiest way to get it to work would simply be to just visit the site with Internet Explorer. And I actually mean "Internet Explorer" since even microsoft's new "Edge" browser does no longer support ActiveX...

Ain't got no mojo...
    Could you share a link to the chrome extension hosting plugin? I feel like I'm actually getting somewhere at the moment...
    Last edited by Hakaru; 03-24-2018 at 01:47 PM.

It's quite easy to find on the Chrome web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jbdenadd?hl=en (I haven't tested if it actually works for the site, however)

Ain't got no mojo...
    Sadly, could not find a chrome extension that worked with my browser. Getting desperate here.

As mentioned before you could always simply use Internet Explorer 11, where ActiveX is guaranteed to work. Note that on the first try you will still get the ActiveX accompanied by a note at the bottom that asks you if you want to let the website install the "digimonrpg" plugin. After affirming this the site should let you download the game if you are logged into your account, otherwise it will the message "로그인 혹은 닉네임설정이 되어 있지 않습니다." (boiling down to "please log in")

Ain't got no mojo...
    Thank you, your a life saver! I've spent countless hours trying to get this game work and you came up with a fix. Bless you, man.

Ain't got no mojo...
    New problem. When starting the game it shows as a black screen.

Ain't got no mojo...
    To anybody with the same problem as I did don't install DigimonRPG on a virtual machine, I tried XP and Windows 7 and trust me, it won't work. I got it to work without a virtual machine on Internet Explorer 11 by selecting the gear on the top right corner hovering the mouse over Safety and unchecking ActiveX Filtering. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble. (I could've saved myself days but didn't notice that it was checked to begin with.) Happy taming!

Ain't got no mojo...
    (Please read the first post, it has been updated to reflect the new problem I am having. Thank you.)