With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenji Watanabe Interview About 20th Anniversary Pendulums, No Translation Yet

Kenji Watanabe Interview About 20th Anniversary Pendulums, No Translation Yet

Another Pendulum Update!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

In the newest weekly update, the last one before the 20th Pendulum pre-orders close, we get a nice and short interview with Kenji Watanabe regarding the Digimon Pendulum, Rudomon, the Legend Arms in general along with some potential ideas for them in the future, along with a thanks to the fans.

For the moment though, just the images. A translation will go up when we are able to, trying to get the details and nuance from a machine translation for an interview never really works, so posting that as a stand-in for the time being isn't worth doing.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Previous weekly 20th Pendulum updates have included:
    Cold Mode
    Copymon
    New Virus Busters
    New Nightmare Soldiers
    Silver Blue Special Digi-Eggs
    Silver Black Special Digi-Eggs, Plus ones in both!
    Jogress Digimon
    Password Digimon
    Overview of the 20th Pendulum, Plus Enemies in Battle Mode

Update- An interview of the translation is being worked on that can hopefully be shared soon.

For the moment, while not new, Bandai has tweeted out some good images for Rudomon's entire evolution line!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

It's nice to get decent resolution clean artwork for all of these guys.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Looks like an Omegamon/GraceNovamon-esque combination is being teased. I wonder if that's one of their future ideas or something that will end up in the Pendulums. Perhaps a Jogress between Bryweludramon and Durandamon?

is the top left mon supposed to be bryweludramon concept art or is it another unknown mon? anyway it's good to see the ludomon line in their shield forms even if those are just prototypes i hope we could get better picture of those anytime soon enough
    Last edited by shaikgb; 03-23-2018 at 05:21 AM.

That unknown monster looks like an omegamon with bryweludramon in shield mode and durandamon in sword mode..i think we will see it in the pendulums..

Add DL22003 on Discord Add DL22003 on Steam Add DL22003 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by diginut View Post
    That unknown monster looks like an omegamon with bryweludramon in shield mode and durandamon in sword mode..i think we will see it in the pendulums..
    The head and legs doesn't match neither the regular Omegamon nor Alter-S tho.

Ludomon's shield mode look like mickey mouse's logo or and old alarm clock, Bryweludramon's shield look like Rathalos's Sword and Shield shield

It would be great if you could equip your digimon with zuba and ludo line in the pen 20th but I dont think there is enough pixels to make it look good and they would of said something already to hype it up.

The Interview talks about the different Legend-Arms Digimon combining into a Digimon that would be "at the top of the Legend-Arms", there is no mention of Omegamon. It's hard to say with a machine translation, but it seems vague enough that it might really just be a general plan for the future that's not necessarily going to show up in the pendulum right now.

Anyway, the potential combination of Legend Arms might prove to be the solution to some puzzling elements in Bryweludramon's profile since it mentions that his nemesis Durandamon was able to break his shield, even though Durandamon's profile states that the Strongest Shield among the Legend Arms would be able to stand up to his attacks. Now since it's confirmed that Bryweludramon in fact cannot stand up to him (which is a damn shame to be honest... unstoppable force vs. immovable object scenarios are fun because there can't be a straight answer) seems to imply that the strongest shield among the Legend-Arms is not him. Now I doubt they would oversaturate the group with another line of somehow even better shield Digimon, so the inclusion of the new combined legend arms that might unlock Bryweludramon's true defensive power (or something like that) might be a way to sidestep that conundrum... but I would have preferred for them to be equal form the outset.
    Last edited by Theigno; 03-23-2018 at 09:13 AM.

I come from the net
    More new Jogress digimon! Yay wow for Bryweldudramon and Durandamon but they look a bit different in Weapon Modes...

lol is it just me or RajinRudomon's Shield Mode look like it's Zeus face or some kind of familiar face? Bryweldudramon's Shield Mode look like it's dragon face shield.

Hope he keep designing new Legend Arms after this new Jogress.

Follow Garmmon On Twitter Add Garmmon on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Now since it's confirmed that Bryweludramon in fact cannot stand up to him (which is a damn shame to be honest... unstoppable force vs. immovable object scenarios are fun because there can't be a straight answer) seems to imply that the strongest shield among the Legend-Arms is not him.
    To be fair, Durandamon's profile states that only the strongest shield can withstand its attacks, which might imply that other shields fall apart in one hit whereas Bryweludramon can still take multiple hits. Bryweludramon's profile also presents Durandamon besting it as an event that took place at some point in the past, not so much as a fact that 'Durandamon is always stronger than Bryweludramon'; since it's mentioned that they're archenemies that probably means they've faced off more than once, so I don't feel like its profile disproves that the two of them might be at the same level.

Cherubimon + saint gargomon + bryweldramon + durandramon?
    It is equipped with bryweldramo shield and durandamon sword for sure tho.
    So byweldramo not being the strongrst shield because it is not paired with spadamon? The strongest of legend arms?

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast