With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia

Thread: Digimon at Anime Japan 2018, CSA Digivice on Display, More Photos

Digimon at Anime Japan 2018, CSA Digivice on Display, More Photos

Anime Japan 2018 has started in Japan!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

We aren't necessarily expecting any big news from Anime Japan, but you never know.

Thus far we have images of the new CSA Digivice, the Digivice tri. Memorial on display.

If you are in Japan and are heading over there this weekend, you'll find it at the Toei booth.

This is our first look at the product outside of a handful of promotional images, and there are a few interesting things to mention. First off, the color is a much 'whiter' blueish grey than the original CSA Digivice, which also had metallic flakes embedded in the plastic. Can't tell for sure in the plastic here. The mold appears to be identical to the original CSA Digivice though (although the light makes it hard to be 100% sure on the buttons.) The blue paint has a bit of a nice metallic sheen on it, and appears to be identical to the color used on the digimoji around the center.

It looks pretty nice on display.

And there appears to be some other stuff behind it...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

On display are the upcoming Precious GEM figures of Taichi and Wargreymon, along with Yamato and MetalGarurumon.

Plus in this wider shot we can see some additional CSA Digivice tri. Memorial details on a placard!

Pre-orders open on April 27th, as we previously knew, and will close on July 12th. It will cost 7,200 yen, which was the price of previous CSA Digivices, and ship in October.

A lot of the text is smaller, but you can definitely make out mentions of the tri. version of Butter-Fly and Brave Heart, same as the original CSA Digivice had. We'll try and make out some of the other details shortly.

And as I was putting this up, we got a nice wider shot showing the tri. corner of the Toei booth!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Very nice huge version of the new tri. Part 6 theatrical poster and a screen that is likely showing a trailer on repeat.

Hopefully we get more photos of Toei's booth and any other Digimon elements on display.

Update- It's Saturday in Japan, which means public/general admittance is open!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Toei posted another photo of the tri. corner and the promotional postcard reminding people to come tweet and get one.

Update- Via a photo from a Tamashii figure display at the tri. corner we can see the tri. Rubber straps/keychains.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The 10 straps are the 8 main partners from Adventure in their Ultimate forms from tri., Ordinemon, and Omegamon Merciful Mode.

The WarGreymon on the bottom and the MetalGarurumon on the top are from a prior series. Whether they will be randomly packed with the new series or if they are just included to have more on display is unknown for now.

Thanks to cod113690 for the image.

Anime Japan is a massive exhibition event in Tokyo between March 22nd and March 25th. It's more akin to E3 than what we'd think of as an anime convention.

During the days open to the public (the 24th and 25th) many companies will be showing off anime merchandise, new and upcoming anime, and tons of related content.

At Anime Japan 2017 the primary bits of new Digimon information we got was the announcement of the Omegamon Watch, along with a flier confirming Appmon would be 52 episodes.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

Previous news about Digimon at Anime Japan 2018 include the promotional tri. postcard, along with some Anime Japan 5th Anniversary merchandise featuring Taichi.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Updated the news adding another photo of Toei's booth.

Also added photos of all the new rubber straps/keychains.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Aww, no Raguelmon/Rasielmon. As much as I like Ordinemon, it's a shame Meiko and Meicoomon don't get "their" Ultimate with everyone else's.

Looking at the released merch. so far, Tri's Wargreymon design ain't that popular huh?

Quote Originally Posted by kintang View Post
    Looking at the released merch. so far, Tri's Wargreymon design ain't that popular huh?
    There's been plenty of tri. design releases.

tri. is marketing. Adventure gets the nice figures, etc. and tri. gets the everyday merchandise that anyone/everyone might buy, along with some higher end merchandise.

Much of it focuses on kids and the child level Digimon, but there's been some decent WarGreymon stuff, especially if you like accessories (wallet, card holders, the type of things that are useable in everyday life.)

I come from the net
    That sure is nice. A lot of good merch. I'm really just glad to see all of it still going.

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Oh god SD Ordinemon is so creepy.

Has there been any confirmation from this on whether the new CSA digivice is different from the original? Sounds or anything?

Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie View Post
    Has there been any confirmation from this on whether the new CSA digivice is different from the original? Sounds or anything?
    All we know has been reported.

I come from the net
    I have to agree with Flintlock. Maybe Ordinemon shouldn't be SD'd. heh heh