With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CSA Digivice tri. Memorial Pre-Order Date Plus Omegamon Watch is Back

CSA Digivice tri. Memorial Pre-Order Date Plus Omegamon Watch is Back

We just found out about this a few days ago, but it's great to already have some additional details.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Some new info on the 'shining' version of the CSA Digivice.

First up, we have a nice image that gives us our first really good look at it. It at first glance the mold appears to be identical to the prior CSA Digivice. 'looks at the one sitting on my desk' Yeah, it looks pretty much identical minus the new blue line highlights.

They're referring to this one as the 'Digivice tri Memorial' version.

Pre-orders go up on April 27th and Premium Bandai has a standby page up. No price information for now, but the original was 7,020 yen, as were the CSA D-3s, so that's a reasonable guess for now.

Bandai also has the image up in a square format.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

This new CSA Digivice is themed after the Digivice as it will appear in Part 6 when Omegamon Merciful Mode appears. At the moment there aren't exact details on what will be different about this new model, but hopefully it has the various differences tri. ended up having from the original product.

For those who aren't aware, the Complete Selection line is a 'prop' product line, featuring real world type props of items that have appeared in media. They split the line a few years ago into Complete Selection Animation for anime content and Complete Selection Modification for live action, mostly (all?) Kamen Rider. It's meant to be a nice item that has lights, sounds, music, and voices from the cast. It is not a V-Pet or other LCD game.

Speaking of Omegamon...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The black version of the Omegamon x Red Monkey watch will have yet another order period.

Detailed information about the watch can be found in our article.

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

The Omegamon watch is available to order now for 48,600 yen. This time there is no mention of pre-order dates or shipping dates, so perhaps this is it for the shiny expensive watch?

While the new CSA Digivice won't be up to pre-order for a month, if you want to try and nab the watch...

You'll want to contact an intermediary to get these items sent to you. WtW is not affiliated with any, but here are a selection of intermediaries that have worked well for various WtWers and their friends in the past:
    From Japan
    Rider Proxy
    Nippon-Yasan

The Bandai Premium store has also chosen to name a few 'official' affiliate shops to be used as intermediaries for non-Japanese buyers:
    Buyee
    From Japan (this From Japan link shows their 'official' page for Premium Bandai.)
    Samurai Buyer
    DEJapan

You'll want to provide your chosen intermediary with the link to the item. Just copy paste the links to the product pages for what you want and send them a message about it and they'll take care of it after they discuss pricing and their policies with you. The link embedded in the news article for the product items are exactly what you'll need to send them.

Some of the intermediaries have a full storefront and may have the items listed, so you may want to check that first.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    It's funny how the lines make it and Merciful Mode look like something out of Tron.

I come from the net Shadow Shinji's Avatar
    Follow Shadow Shinji On Twitter
    Leaving aside that this "new" version is utterly unnecesary, I'm not really a huge fan of this kind of Digivices with only voice, sounds and lights. That's why I didn't like the AppliDriver in the first place back then. I had so much fun with the Digimon Xros Loader V-Pet to give some credit to this new line of products...My only wish for this one is that at least it includes Meicoomon's full evo line with both Rasielmon and Raguelmon, and her unnamed baby forms.

I'm a Maniac
    If (and that's a big if) they fix all the problems the first one had (using Warp Evolutions instead of Ultimate Evolutions, the lack of Plotmon>Tailmon, having the full music for Butterfly but not the Evolution theme, etc) I'd be willing to get this, but considering how absolutely terrible the CSA D3 Digivices were I'm not going to hold my breath.

I'm going digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    Leaving aside that this "new" version is utterly unnecesary, I'm not really a huge fan of this kind of Digivices with only voice, sounds and lights. That's why I didn't like the AppliDriver in the first place back then. I had so much fun with the Digimon Xros Loader V-Pet to give some credit to this new line of products...My only wish for this one is that at least it includes Meicoomon's full evo line with both Rasielmon and Raguelmon, and her unnamed baby forms.
    Well the digidestined need a way to beat ordinemon and potentially purify meicoomons. And besides that tai and Matt haven't had there moment for character growth yet signifying a new evolution.

Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Shinji View Post
    That's not really a fair comparison. While I have no doubt that the Xros Loader looks like a lot of fun despite never picking one up myself, the CSA is a completely different type of product. We already have the 15th Anniversary Digivice for more of a gameplay oriented release.

None of the baby forms of the original eight or Plotmon had voice recordings in the prior CSA Digivice. We've yet to see Meicoomon's earlier forms in Tri, and I suspect that we won't. Regardless of whether they appear in the anime, I'm not sure why they would have recordings in this.

Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post
    None of the baby forms of the original eight or Plotmon had voice recordings in the prior CSA Digivice. We've yet to see Meicoomon's earlier forms in Tri, and I suspect that we won't. Regardless of whether they appear in the anime, I'm not sure why they would have recordings in this.
    I highly doubt that the baby forms will be included, but I am hoping that Plotmon will be included now that she's had her evolution scene in tri. If we get Meicoomon (which I hope that we do because what sense would it make if we didn't at this point?), I think will just get her line up to Rasielmon. I'm trying to be optimistic that Meicoomon will actually get evolution scenes in part six.

And I'm hoping that they finally give us names for her prior forms, too. I doubt the previous ones will be included in the CSA Digivice, but still hoping for a reveal soon.

If they're consistent with fusions in Tri Tailmon and Meicoomon should revert back to the Nyaromons.

Way to take something that had amazing versatility and make it so specific that you must REALLY be a fan of tri. and the new one-off Omegamon "Merciful" Mode to want this. Seriously, I see zero reason for this to exist and even less reason for me to pick this up (yes, that's negative reason). Okay... to be fair, I might get it if a) it has updated sounds and b) the shell is swappable via screwdriver. The blue lines are really ugly.

They really need to drop this tri. nonsense and go back and make proper CSA Digivices for all the original series. Still waiting for a D-3 with all armor evolutions and swappable grips, D-Arc with scannable cards, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Actar View Post
    Way to take something that had amazing versatility and make it so specific that you must REALLY be a fan of tri. and the new one-off Omegamon "Merciful" Mode to want this. Seriously, I see zero reason for this to exist and even less reason for me to pick this up (yes, that's negative reason). Okay... to be fair, I might get it if a) it has updated sounds and b) the shell is swappable via screwdriver. The blue lines are really ugly.

They really need to drop this tri. nonsense and go back and make proper CSA Digivices for all the original series. Still waiting for a D-3 with all armor evolutions and swappable grips, D-Arc with scannable cards, etc...
    They've sadly never actually made a CAS Digivice from the original series' in the first place though. They only ever did the Tri redesigns.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast