With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: April V-Jump- More ReArise Details, New CSA Digivice, and tri. Rubber Straps

Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    There's probably flesh under it with machinery or wires , like Andromon who has similar tubes and proportion to Omegamon and everything that came after that was similar. He was the prototype for all cyborgs afterall, so it'd make sense for Omegamon to be similar too. Concept art for Omegamon looked even more similar to Andromon.
    Unless there is anything about either the design itself or the reference book profile suggesting a deeper layer of anatomy I would argue that the safest assumption would be that there is nothing whatsoever under it, like Wizarmon's zippers just opening up into nothing, which has been explained as Digimon only being textured on the outside. So I would apply that definition to most designs that do not feature visible layers (such as Digimon that do show a mouth and skin receding under a helmet).
    Andromon himself is a rather special case because, even among cyborg Digimon the thematic of a fusion between the organic and the robotic was strong in his design, so extending an particularity of his specific design to Digimon that don't even seem to strongly share the same thematic isn't really a leap of logic I can follow. A case could be made for HiAndromon since it's literally another take on the concept but bringing in Omegamon who has never even been specifically identified as a Cyborg goes a bit far. Omegamon is a knight after all putting the emphasis of the concept and design on the armor itself as opposed to any technological or biological parts. The tubes could just be there to keep his body from going all Rayman.

Visit Chimera-gui's Youtube Channel
    As theingo noted, Digimon are basically sapient cg models with wireframes under their texture mapping.

This is not anything important but the caption on the first page says that "it looks like Hikari was waving to Meiko" in the first poster and the second poster is "answer illustration".
    日本語できなければ、それをやめよう。

Follow flintlock On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Theigno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock View Post
    There's probably flesh under it with machinery or wires , like Andromon who has similar tubes and proportion to Omegamon and everything that came after that was similar. He was the prototype for all cyborgs afterall, so it'd make sense for Omegamon to be similar too. Concept art for Omegamon looked even more similar to Andromon.
    Unless there is anything about either the design itself or the reference book profile suggesting a deeper layer of anatomy I would argue that the safest assumption would be that there is nothing whatsoever under it, like Wizarmon's zippers just opening up into nothing, which has been explained as Digimon only being textured on the outside. So I would apply that definition to most designs that do not feature visible layers (such as Digimon that do show a mouth and skin receding under a helmet).
    Andromon himself is a rather special case because, even among cyborg Digimon the thematic of a fusion between the organic and the robotic was strong in his design, so extending an particularity of his specific design to Digimon that don't even seem to strongly share the same thematic isn't really a leap of logic I can follow. A case could be made for HiAndromon since it's literally another take on the concept but bringing in Omegamon who has never even been specifically identified as a Cyborg goes a bit far. Omegamon is a knight after all putting the emphasis of the concept and design on the armor itself as opposed to any technological or biological parts. The tubes could just be there to keep his body from going all Rayman.
    Fair enough. I guess it's just a headcanon based on my surprise that Omegamon was conceptualized as humanoid like Andromon/Angemon.

But now that you mention it, I just remembered that Angewomon's unzipped zipper reveals black texturelessness, so I don't even think it's safe to assume humanoid Digimon have human partsrendered parts under all their layers.

You can actually see HiAndromon's flesh through his clear parts on his armour by the way..

I'm a Maniac
    ^I think itís safe to add Ophanimon to the list of Digimon who have human parts or at least flesh under her armor. Similar to Andromon.

Updated the images and added the missing page.

Also added more translated ReArise details thanks to garm. We also changed the Baby 2 for Erismon to Pusurimon.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Ain't got no mojo...
    I'm excited for Digimon ReArise. I hope they won't wait that long to release that game for the rest of the world. And for it to be WAY better than DigimonLinks.

I am hungry for more info!
    I hope we don't have to wait another month (next v-jump) until we get more info

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123