With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: What do you hope for in the new Digimon Story game?

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    I think it'll be fine, if Appmon show up it'll just be the main one and his mate just like Shoutmon/Gumdramon in Next Order and Agunimon/Lobomon in Cyber Sleuth. They aint gonna go Appmon crazy when we barely have Fusion and Frontier representation

Ain't got no mojo... Astrothunder's Avatar
    Another thing I just thought of:

After the opening chapter of the game, Persona 1 gave players a choice between two different routes (the SEBEC route and the Snow Queen Quest) that had completely different stories and endings. I'd love it if a Digimon Story game did something similar. Like, for instance, they could have a Virus Busters route and a Nightmare Soldiers route and let players choose. This would make people more inclined to do a New Game Plus so they can see both storylines, and it could also give some more character development to groups like the Royal Knights and the Demon Lords.

Ain't got no mojo... LeoWolfish's Avatar
    Assuming they just update the models from the earlier Cyber Sleuth games I would like all the digimon lines from Hacker's memory to return as well as the inclusion of digimon from previous story games that were left out after they went from sprites to 3D models.

Having the Coronamon line to go with the Lunamon one, Dolphmon (aka Rukamon), Devidramon, Karatenmon, Kyukimon, Allomon, Kotemon and Anubismon are just a few that were in the dawn and dusk games that were missing from the Cyber sleuth ones which are not recolours off of the top of my head. That I think would go well if added back in.

Seeing some digimon that were not in dawn and dusk such as the Dobermon to Cerberumon line complete with it's werewolf (Jinrou) mode. Astamon (as an actual digimon not a medal), Witchmon, Buraimon (which makes a nice counter part to Karatenmon), Fangmon, Baromon and Bastemon would all fit in well somewhere with the ones already in the Cyber sleuth roster. None of these are recolours either.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrothunder View Post
    Another thing I just thought of:

After the opening chapter of the game, Persona 1 gave players a choice between two different routes (the SEBEC route and the Snow Queen Quest) that had completely different stories and endings. I'd love it if a Digimon Story game did something similar. Like, for instance, they could have a Virus Busters route and a Nightmare Soldiers route and let players choose. This would make people more inclined to do a New Game Plus so they can see both storylines, and it could also give some more character development to groups like the Royal Knights and the Demon Lords.
    This, as much as I enjoy the later Persona games I do miss this aspect to it and I agree it could work well in a digimon story game. However I would personally want something to do with the Olympos XII or maybe the four Great dragons versus the four Holy beasts if they could come up with a good reason for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrothunder View Post
    I'd also like an ending that has meaningful consequences on the game's worlds and doesn't just try to retcon most of the story in a few minutes after you've just spent the whole time playing through it. Both Cyber Sleuth games' endings were disappointing, especially the first one.
    Again this, as fun as I found both games the ending were a real let down for me. I really hope even if the digimon have to leave, which for once I hope they don't as I want to see an actual post game that shows the repercussions for that. I do not want to see everything reset via peoples memories being changed or worse the it was just a dream situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilmonstrum View Post
    I just want the digital world to be the main hub instead of Tokyo. I loved Cyber Sleuth's locations and it made sense for the story, but I'd love to see a Digimon Story more deeply rooted in the digital world. I would also love them to expand on the farm from Cyber Sleuth
    Personally while I can understand where you are coming from I would rather see a Mix of the two. Where story wise you have to go back and forth between the Digital world and Earth. A bit like Digimon 02 but not as episodic. I would also like both to be as open worlded as possible. And maybe visit other parts of Japan outside Tokyo.

Another thing I would like to see is a return of domination battles. The how and why would have to depend on the story but the general idea of it could still work I think.

I don't really play Digimon games because they're often released on consoles I do not own in countries that are far away from me, but if there would be a game that would be accessible even to me (like Survive), I would love to see in them all Digimons that are available up to date. Pokemon games can have a gazillion or two of monsters, so I'm sure Digimon games can have too. It would be nice if Digimons could be somewhat unique too like having unique abilities, attacks that have unique effects &c. Demons in SMT games for example have iconic and/or signature attacks like for example Alice's "Die for me!" that has a 100% chance of killing an enemy. Also I would like if the game would not have any 3D elements. They increase the costs too much that otherwise could be spent elsewhere (for example to have a longer plot with more characters, dungeons and routes).

Quote Originally Posted by Nemomon View Post
    I don't really play Digimon games because they're often released on consoles I do not own in countries that are far away from me, but if there would be a game that would be accessible even to me (like Survive), I would love to see in them all Digimons that are available up to date. Pokemon games can have a gazillion or two of monsters, so I'm sure Digimon games can have too. It would be nice if Digimons could be somewhat unique too like having unique abilities, attacks that have unique effects &c. Demons in SMT games for example have iconic and/or signature attacks like for example Alice's "Die for me!" that has a 100% chance of killing an enemy. Also I would like if the game would not have any 3D elements. They increase the costs too much that otherwise could be spent elsewhere (for example to have a longer plot with more characters, dungeons and routes).
    That's how it works in the Story games, Every Digimon has their own attack so of course WarGreymon has Terra Force or Chuumon has Cheese Bomb

and Alice's Die for me isn't 100% in Persona

and longer plot? the last two story games are already 60+ hours, 100 on hard.

I think what you stated is way outdated tbh, what was the last game you played? 3D is fine, they've been recycling the models from one game to the next

and what consoles do you have? because I'm 99.9% sure a PS4 is released in Poland... youre in the EU, even if it wasnt just order from the UK or France or something

You mentioned Survive so Im thinking PC but you also mention SMT, so I guess 3DS

also Pokemon is the highest selling frnachise of all time and has 807 monsters, so you thin Digimon can get to 1400?

and if you dont wanna get a PS4, you could get a second hand Vita for like 20 euros
    Last edited by Muur; 09-29-2018 at 01:37 PM.

I do not own 3DS, my newest console is NDS, and I played SMTs on it (both DeSu and SJ). Last Digimon game I played (excluding that Android one) was Battle Spirts on GBA. I will purchase Survive once it will hit Steam, but I doubt I will find enough spare time to even launch it, let alone play it. That's why I'm reluctant about buying a new console - because probably it will be a waste of money on a thing that only will be gathering dust. Thought I made an oath that I will purchase any console that Golden Sun will be released on, but unfortunately this series is long dead, so I doubt that anytime soon I will have to worry about that .

Ain't got no mojo... LeoWolfish's Avatar
    I do not own 3DS, my newest console is NDS, and I played SMTs on it (both DeSu and SJ). Last Digimon game I played (excluding that Android one) was Battle Spirts on GBA. I will purchase Survive once it will hit Steam, but I doubt I will find enough spare time to even launch it, let alone play it. That's why I'm reluctant about buying a new console - because probably it will be a waste of money on a thing that only will be gathering dust. Thought I made an oath that I will purchase any console that Golden Sun will be released on, but unfortunately this series is long dead, so I doubt that anytime soon I will have to worry about that .
    Have you ever played or considered playing some of the digimon games such as Dawn and Dusk that came out for the NDS?

I come from the net The Chaos Entity's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoWolfish View Post
    Have you ever played or considered playing some of the digimon games such as Dawn and Dusk that came out for the NDS?
    Dawn and Dusk - and World DS, Championship, and World Data Squad, for that matter - were never released in Europe. So unless his DS is a lite, which is region-free, he couldn't play them.
    This is just a note to say that I'm on the Autism Spectrum (Annoyingly, I was never told whether it was 'just' high-functioning autism, or Asperger's syndrome), so if I don't make sense, or am incoherent, please ask what it is I mean politely. Thank you~

Quote Originally Posted by The Chaos Entity View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoWolfish View Post
    Dawn and Dusk - and World DS, Championship, and World Data Squad, for that matter - were never released in Europe. So unless his DS is a lite, which is region-free, he couldn't play them.
    I mean, I literally played every single one except World Data (cuz the PS2 isnt region free)

and even if he "doesn't have a DS Lite", he can get one for like 20... or just get a 3DS. (I just looked on Google and you can legit get a DS Lite for just over 20)

If he wanted to play them he would so he's more or less intentionally not playing them

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456