With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you hope for in the new Digimon Story game?

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    With the announcement that the new game is going to natively be on the PS4 instead of a port, what features do you hope will be included in the game?
    Habumon didn't clearly said that next Digimon game is going natively on PS4. I believe you did read a wrong news giving information based on Habumon's interview about Next 0rder, which he stated that the game should've been made exclusively for PS4, however with that, it would take years to develop the game.About my hope, I really wish next Digimon Story game is completely different, while keeping the main concept of being Digimon Story. I really hope that player can interact more with digimon realistically and giving more meaningful development rather than just grinding for level up. I also hope for more interesting world, bcos Cyber Sleuth did have boring one, especially the dungeons. I know it's so simplistic bcos they adapted the DS-style 2d dungeon design into a 3d one, but downgraded with no challenges at all. I also wish the battle system is not just standard generic JRPG turn based battle. Cyber Sleuth battle system is almost nothing special. Oh yep, I also hope that they start to leave the VN-style dialogue with heavy texts. It's nothing wrong, but it's been over-saturated by nowadays digimon game. Reigitize, Next 0rder, and Cyber Sleuth both used the similar VN style dialogue. I think that they should take example from Sen no Kiseki. Digimon World 3 IMO is the most unique and intuitive dialogue UI in digimon game.
    Last edited by DATS24; 03-18-2018 at 09:07 AM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    With the announcement that the new game is going to natively be on the PS4 instead of a port, what features do you hope will be included in the game?
    Habumon didn't clearly said that next Digimon game is going natively on PS4. I believe you did read a wrong news giving information based on Habumon's interview about Next 0rder, which he stated that the game should've been made exclusively for PS4, however with that, it would take years to develop the game.About my hope, I really wish next Digimon Story game is completely different, while keeping the main concept of being Digimon Story. I really hope that player can interact more with digimon realistically and giving more meaningful development rather than just grinding for level up. I also hope for more interesting world, bcos Cyber Sleuth did have boring one, especially the dungeons. I know it's so simplistic bcos they adapted the DS-style 2d dungeon design into a 3d one, but downgraded with no challenges at all. I also wish the battle system is not just standard generic JRPG turn based battle. Cyber Sleuth battle system is almost nothing special. Oh yep, I also hope that they start to leave the VN-style dialogue with heavy texts. It's nothing wrong, but it's been over-saturated by nowadays digimon game. Reigitize, Next 0rder, and Cyber Sleuth both used the similar VN style dialogue. I think that they should take example from Sen no Kiseki. Digimon World 3 IMO is the most unique and intuitive dialogue UI in digimon game.
    You not play Hackers Memory? Keisuke becomes close friends with a Lillymon, Leomon, Beelzemon and Renamon and he can hang out with them to become closer and learn more about them. So what you requested already happened

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DATS24 View Post
    You not play Hackers Memory? Keisuke becomes close friends with a Lillymon, Leomon, Beelzemon and Renamon and he can hang out with them to become closer and learn more about them. So what you requested already happened
    no, it's just story related, and not gameplay mechanic related. The whole gameplay system is still so simplistic. Also they are NPC digimon, not the teammates of player.

Follow TMS On Twitter Add TMS on Facebook
    The way I see it, you can have partner Digimon be characters, or you can have multiple partner Digimon. It's almost impossible to have both. Either you have a ton of Digimon you can collect with rudimentary personalities, or you can have set partner Digimon who are actual characters. The Digimon Story games opt for the former, like Pokemon does.
    MY PROJECTS
    Published books: Odd Lodgings, The Silent Garden & Darker Places, Collecting in Darkness & Other Stories
    Digimon Fan Fiction: The Call
    Card Games: Digimon Tactics and Shadow Stories [both in-progress]
    Questions or comments? Hit me up at #wtw on irc.rizon.net

Since Digimon has collecting Digimon as a Tertiary Objective they could never do what the anime does. Unless they do another Digimon Adventure PSP type game.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS View Post
    The way I see it, you can have partner Digimon be characters, or you can have multiple partner Digimon. It's almost impossible to have both. Either you have a ton of Digimon you can collect with rudimentary personalities, or you can have set partner Digimon who are actual characters. The Digimon Story games opt for the former, like Pokemon does.
    yeah Habumon had discussed this on one of interview, I agree it's a challenge to do that. You can make the game having exclusive partner digimon and those who are just companions. You can make the exclusive partner digimon completely original one so you won't know how it evolves. But it means that probably you can't customize your partner digimon further. You can also make the battle premise quite similar to things like Persona, in which if in battle, the partner digimon dies, then it's game over. Hence you need companion digimon to protect partner digimon.Making field zones come back is also quite interesting mechanic, as probably they can improve that by making various size of digimon, since digimon itself may vary in sizes, from being tiny, small, normal, big, and huge. This can affect memory size, balancing, and so on so that players have to be careful in choosing partner in terms of their sizes. But this can be hard since they need to adapt to hundreds number of digimon.
    Last edited by DATS24; 03-19-2018 at 08:28 PM.

Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Keep that to the partners of your companions. They don't have Cyberdramon, Diaboromon etc talk (but Omnimon, UlForce etc do) and Arcadiamon actually speaks one line in game so just have all partners talk like they did in Next Order for your in game friends. Sure it then makes no sense why YOURS aren't talking but meh, MCs are always special snowflakes. We get 11 dudes, they get one. We can digivolve whenever we want, they have to do it anime style lol

Omnimon does seem to be the exception though since he was already a RK. Random ones like ours and Ryuji's etc don't speak it seems. Heck Chitose outright states "I wish you could talk". Again though, just let those speak and ours will be mimes. They show in their actions they love us, like when they dive in the way of a BomberNanimon trying to kill you, or what your partners do at the end of both Cyber Sleuths
    Last edited by Muur; 03-19-2018 at 08:35 PM.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    Keep that to the partners of your companions. They don't have Cyberdramon, Diaboromon etc talk (but Omnimon, UlForce etc do) and Arcadiamon actually speaks one line in game so just have all partners talk like they did in Next Order for your in game friends. Sure it then makes no sense why YOURS aren't talking but meh, MCs are always special snowflakes. We get 11 dudes, they get one. We can digivolve whenever we want, they have to do it anime style lol
    I don't actually say that all your companion have to talk. It's just your exclusive partner digimon. Why don't we mix both World and Story mechanic? We still can evolve our digimon freely, but in addition, now we have partner digimon which is completely original (not Agumon, Gabumon, or any other already existed digimon), with its evolution branches. So the new original digimon will be focused mainly on partner digimon. You can only choose 1 partner, but depending on how you play the game, not just choosing A, B, or C. It doesn't need to be fed like World series, and we can't evolve it freely, it only can in certain of events (as Story series usually don't run on real time counting) and how it evolves depends on how we play.

1: An actual deep relationship system with our digimon. Maybe even a romance system, though I can also understand why some people would be put off by that. One thing that I feel makes digimon stand out from pokemon and yokai is the special relationship between a human and their partner so its a shame that the games haven't really touched upon this that much yet from a gameplay standpoint. Hackers memory did alright with this by allowing us to bring our human friends(and some digis) into battle where we were rewarded with mini friendship events, but next I want to see them go the extra mile.

2: Let us go to the digital world time around for more than 5 minutes. Maybe let us jump between the human and digital world whenever we want like Eden and the real world.

3: Let us choose between male or female again and this time let the character in game actually take knowledge of your gender. This is a small thing but being able to play as different genders adds more replay value if only for it not feeling as repetitive.

4: Add some appmon. Please. Even if they're only the obvious ones like Gatchmon and Hackmon. I'll still be grateful.

Completely digital
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasPSI View Post
    1: An actual deep relationship system with our digimon. Maybe even a romance system, though I can also understand why some people would be put off by that. One thing that I feel makes digimon stand out from pokemon and yokai is the special relationship between a human and their partner so its a shame that the games haven't really touched upon this that much yet from a gameplay standpoint. Hackers memory did alright with this by allowing us to bring our human friends(and some digis) into battle where we were rewarded with mini friendship events, but next I want to see them go the extra mile.

2: Let us go to the digital world time around for more than 5 minutes. Maybe let us jump between the human and digital world whenever we want like Eden and the real world.

3: Let us choose between male or female again and this time let the character in game actually take knowledge of your gender. This is a small thing but being able to play as different genders adds more replay value if only for it not feeling as repetitive.

4: Add some appmon. Please. Even if they're only the obvious ones like Gatchmon and Hackmon. I'll still be grateful.

1. romance relationship between human and digimon would be kinda weird, but Cyber Sleuth had a glimpse of it and ended it funnily.
    2. focusing more in the digital world would be better, especially if we're able to shift between real world and digital world.
    3. debatable. Making fixed gender would make the main character more active and having chance to become silent protagonist.
    4. Pls no... it would ruin the game's consistency.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast