With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: tri. Part 4 UK Pre-Orders Open, Releasing April 30th

  1. #1

    tri. Part 4 UK Pre-Orders Open, Releasing April 30th

    Another short wait for UK fans!

    Image Thumbnail (custom)

    Manga UK has announced
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 Loss will be released on April 30th!


    The Blu-ray is listed as a Collector's Edition with a poster and art cards, while the DVD is a standard release, just like prior releases.

    The cover art (like Parts 2 and 3) will be the Japanese home video cover art.

    Image Thumbnail (custom)


    April 30th is the week after the US release. It's been mentioned in the past that the UK release has to be after the US release so they have access to the dub.


    The Blu-ray is currently listed as 24.99 and the DVD is 19.99

    Pre-order links from Amazon UK.
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 - Blu-Ray Collector's Edition
    Digimon Adventure tri. Part 4 - DVD



    More news, and cover art, soon hopefully.


    Update- Proper cover art and updated some details (like about the DVD version)
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  2. #2
    Completely digital Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    912
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    24? jesus christ. Are they all that much? that's ridiculous. Most are no where near that, like I just went to a generic one for a current release and Paddington 2 is just over 10 on blueray

  3. #3
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    24? jesus christ. Are they all that much? that's ridiculous. Most are no where near that, like I just went to a generic one for a current release and Paddington 2 is just over 10 on blueray
    IIRC the DVDs are 15.99 and the Blu Rays have been 19.99. Don't remember them ever starting at 24.99 but they've been more expensive than regular Blu Rays (I'd normally expect 15 for a standard film). Although this could be an anime thing. Crunchyroll were offering a half price sale on a bunch of new Blu Ray releases. At half price, you'd pick up 12 episodes (either the full season or a part 1 of 24 episode series) for 25. So they wanted to charge nearly 50 for regular prices. Someone is off their rocker if they think people will reliably pay 100 to get Blu Rays for a 24 episode show. But it doesn't seem to be uncommon.

    I think the most expensive home media I've purchased was the 4 season DVD collection releases of Digimon (the one with 32 disks) and even that felt way too expensive. Home media is becoming less and less of a desirable commodity with streaming so prevalent so everyone has to put prices up

  4. #4
    Completely digital wildwing64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Billericay, England
    Age
    28
    Posts
    863
    Follow wildwing64 On Twitter Add wildwing64 on Facebook Add wildwing64 on Steam Add wildwing64 on DeviantArt
    Quote Originally Posted by Acselerator View Post
    Don't remember them ever starting at 24.99
    That was the original price for Part 1 before it got discounted. Yeah, it sucks that they're more expensive than non-anime Blu-rays but I guess that's the price we're paying for a niche product \_(ツ)_/

    --

    Funnily enough I was wondering yesterday when (or even if*) this was going to get announced. Needless to say this news made my day.

    *Yes, I'm that cynical.

  5. #5
    Completely digital Muur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Age
    24
    Posts
    912
    Follow Muur On Twitter Visit Muur on XBox Live
    Quote Originally Posted by Acselerator View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    24? jesus christ. Are they all that much? that's ridiculous. Most are no where near that, like I just went to a generic one for a current release and Paddington 2 is just over 10 on blueray
    IIRC the DVDs are 15.99 and the Blu Rays have been 19.99. Don't remember them ever starting at 24.99 but they've been more expensive than regular Blu Rays (I'd normally expect 15 for a standard film). Although this could be an anime thing. Crunchyroll were offering a half price sale on a bunch of new Blu Ray releases. At half price, you'd pick up 12 episodes (either the full season or a part 1 of 24 episode series) for 25. So they wanted to charge nearly 50 for regular prices. Someone is off their rocker if they think people will reliably pay 100 to get Blu Rays for a 24 episode show. But it doesn't seem to be uncommon.

    I think the most expensive home media I've purchased was the 4 season DVD collection releases of Digimon (the one with 32 disks) and even that felt way too expensive. Home media is becoming less and less of a desirable commodity with streaming so prevalent so everyone has to put prices up
    It's 6 films rather than 24 episodes... that's just how Cruncyroll are doing it

    But yeah, you'd be paying 150 for the entire series, that's crazy. I'd be thinking around 60 would be fair for all 6 together

  6. #6
    Ain't got no mojo...
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Muur View Post
    It's 6 films rather than 24 episodes... that's just how Cruncyroll are doing it
    I'm aware of that, I was commenting on Crunchyroll's release of other media. For example, they are doing Pre Orders for Re Zero Part 1 (so the first 12 episodes). The Blu Ray is at half price and costs £23 but they'd normally want to charge £46.59. Same pricing for Season 1 of Akashic Records (also 12 episodes). I remember picking up SAO Blu Rays, they were split into 6 episodes at £15 each. It's not just that Tri is expensive, anime Blu Rays in general seem to be expensive. For a film like Tri, I'd expect to pay £15 per Blu Ray, as that's online with normal Blu Ray costs. £20 maybe to cover the extra difficulties and lower demand. But no more.
    Par

    Quote Originally Posted by wildwing64 View Post

    That was the original price for Part 1 before it got discounted. Yeah, it sucks that they're more expensive than non-anime Blu-rays but I guess that's the price we're paying for a niche product ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Ah yeah, I do remember that actually. Remember thinking I wouldn't pick it up until it went down in price, or just wait for a collectors edition with all 6 films.
    Last edited by Vande; 03-18-2018 at 03:38 AM. Reason: double post merge

  7. #7
    I am Justice Vande's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    England - Sheffield
    Posts
    16,560
    Follow Vande On Twitter Add Vande on Facebook Add Vande on Discord Add Vande on Steam Add Vande on DeviantArt
    Merged your double post. Please use the edit post button in the future.

  8. #8
    Updated with proper cover art and DVD details.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

  9. #9
    New thread with the full collector's edition spread is here.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •