With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Lost Chronicles II: One World

Junior Commander IamTheSovereign's Avatar

Chapter 51 - Ghost Love Score

Carmillamon

Analetta was dead. That could never be changed. And Mephistomon’s words still rang painfully in my ears, that her death was my fault. But as I saw Isole lay on Drask’s bed before me, slowly removing her gray mage’s robe, I could feel some of my loneliness, guilt, and despair vanish. At first, I had hoped that my attack would hit the Digimon Mihiramon; he was quite handsome, really, and an Ultimate level like myself. But as her robe fell all the way off her slim body, I was glad it was Isole that my attack hit instead of Mihiramon. She really was very beautiful; her brown eyes, at a first glance, seemed dim and lifeless, but each time she looked up at me with a reddish-pink blush on her cheeks, I could see a light in those eyes that burned with a passionate love. Her soft lavender hair fell past her shoulders; she had undone her intricate ponytail and let if fall longer and almost down to her belly. In spite of her age — I assumed late teens, roughly seventeen or eighteen — her chest was quite flat, but I didn’t care. In my eyes, this only added an air of sweet innocence to her delicate beauty.
    “…I’m sorry for what my allies…sorry, ex-allies, have done to you,” Isole said shyly. She drew her legs up to her chest, giving me a timid and sad look with her eyes. “I…I’m sorry about Analetta…I know I can’t replace her, but—”

“Isole, listen to me,” I interrupted. I sat down on the bed next to her, and clasped my hand over her shoulder. “I…I loved Analetta; that is true. I feel like I might always…love her. But…like you said, she…she was killed. But I promise you this; I will never, ever think of you in comparison to Analetta. You, my dear, are your own person. I love you for who you are, Isole.”

“…Cammy…Thank you,” Isole said, giving me a shy smile. She leaned over and kissed me on the cheek. I took this chance to slowly run my hand down her back. I delicately wrapped my claws around the strap of her red bra, and unhooked it. Isole moved her lips from my cheek down to my neck, and gently began sucking. While doing so, she reached over and pulled down on the straps of my dress. Not wanting to waste another second, I tore my dress off, as Analetta had done only hours ago before me. Isole leaned back and stretched out her upper body. I reached down and brushed my fingers on her belly, below her navel, making her laugh.

“It is erogenous…after all,” I whispered. Slowly, after lingering around her navel, my hand reached farther and farther up her belly until my fingers reached her small breasts. Her smile widened as I gently groped them.
    “What are you waiting for?” Isole asked. “Go on…dive in.” As she requested, I lowered myself onto the bed, and placed my face on her chest, directly between her breasts.

Lucia Delbray

I hadn’t been able to move ever since Isole had disappeared. I simply stared at the ground where she had been moments before she vanished. My knees had gone weak, and I had to lean on my axe for support.

“Lucia…we can’t just stand here,” Mihiramon said. “Do you wanna find Isole, or not?! C’mon!”

“…Mihiramon…She just…got up and left,” I whispered, barely able to speak. “You’ve never had kids; how could you…possibly understand…what it’s like…? What I’m feeling…”

She isn’t even your daughter!” Mihiramon roared. I tightened my fingers around my axe, and glared at my Digimon partner.

“…I told you not to ever say that…didn’t I?”

“Lucia, stop it. I’m sure this is just what the Rebuke would want from us,” Bokomon said.

“Samurai Tiger Tail!” Mihiramon’s attack completely took me by surprise; he struck my sword hand with his tail, making me drop my weapon. “Lucia, shut up and start thinking clearly! You’ve done nothing but stand there ever since Isole left; and you dare call yourself her mother?! Pull your head out of your ass and take action! Don’t just stand still like a useless piece of shit, and save Isole…no…save your daughter from whatever spell Carmillamon’s put on her!”
    “Mihiramon!” Bokomon gasped. I stood still, staring blankly at my partner Digimon.

“…Thanks, Mihiramon. I needed that,” I said, smiling at the Ultimate.

“We just need to figure out where they’ve all been hiding,” Bokomon said.

“Well then, why don’t you come with us?” I turned around, and saw Flamedramon looking down at us from atop a ledge. With him were Abigail, Edmund, Sieglinde, and Lupinemon. “They’ve taken refuge in a house not too far away from here, on the outskirts of a small town.”

“Probably murdered everyone in it, too,” Edmund added.

“…And you’re certain that she’d be there?” I asked.

“There isn’t a doubt in my mind,” Abigail said.

“The two of us were able to defeat LadyDevimon,” Flamedramon said.

“I was able to convince Karatenmon to leave the Rebuke,” Edmund said.

“Anyone know how many left there are?” I asked.

“Probably not too many,” Mihiramon said. “From the sound of Carmillamon’s voice, she sounded pretty bummed about something.”
    “Yes…I can feel it; the overwhelming power I felt earlier when they all arrived at once as diminished,” Edmund said. “I feel…the only one left…should be Carmillamon.”

Isole Frost

Carmillamon and I lay on the bed in blissful silence, cuddled in each other’s arms.

“Isole…I am glad to have you in my life,” Carmillamon whispered.

“…And I you,” I replied. “Oh…I almost forgot…Now that we’re together, Carmillamon…I suppose this means I’m in the Cyllenian Imperial Army, right?”

“Not exactly, my love,” Carmillamon said. “It’s true that we answer to King Desmond, but we still aren’t part of the Imperial Army. But…well, it’s a bit of a secret, but I alone answer to the Duchess of a neighboring kingdom, Eris.”

“Eris? I…I’ve never heard of her,” I whispered.

“That doesn’t surprise me. She’s the younger sister of King Desmond, but she prefers to keep something of a…low profile.” Carmillamon looked deep into my eyes. “Wanna know a secret?”

“Always.” Carmillamon slowly ran her tongue across her upper lip.

“Well…Since I am among the few that Duchess Eris herself trusts, she told me something rather…intriguing…”

“C’mon, what’s the secret? Tell me already!” I giggled.

“Well…Eris told me that she has plans for…dethroning King Desmond,” Carmillamon whispered. My heart nearly skipped a beat.

“De…throne?”

“Yes…however, she feels that if this information got out, things could turn out pretty bad for her. She supports King Desmond’s conquest for this shoddy continent; she just wants it to belong to her. However, since she does support the war effort…If word got out about how she plans to dethrone Desmond…well, needless to say, it would be pretty dire for her. Soldiers wouldn’t listen to her, there would be mass rioting in the streets; there wouldn’t be anyone for her to depend on to continue the war. Cyllene could easily fall to ruins, sort of like Mandala Island many hundreds of years ago.”

“…I see…That is…intriguing,” I said.
    "Evil can confuse you when you're staring at it straight in the face. You can hope the face of evil will change, but it won't unless you force it to change."

If you read my story, check this out!: ---> https://withthewill.net/threads/1844...906#post325906

Chapter 52 - Grimoire Number 25

Isole Frost

“…They should be here soon,” I said, nestling my head against Carmillamon’s chest.

“Who?”

“My fr…my old friends,” I said. “We’re together now…remember? We should expect them to try their hardest to tear me away from you…”

“Well, I won’t let that happen,” Carmillamon said, gently running her fingers through my hair. “I won’t let anyone take you away from me…ever!”

Yeah…I’m sure…

“Should we prepare ourselves?” Carmillamon asked.

“I suppose we should…” Carmillamon kissed me on the forehead, and climbed out of bed. I watched her carefully until I was certain that she had left the room. As quickly and quietly as I could, I too climbed out of bed and reached underneath it. Ah, there it is! I gently wrapped my fingers around the worn leather spine of a dusty book, and pulled it out from under the bed. “The Grimoires of B…..mon Volume 25: Carmillamon.” It was an old book, and many of the words were nearly worn away; I couldn’t even make out who wrote this book. But as I opened it, my heart sang with relief as I saw that the contents were perfectly legible. “Let’s see…Oh, there’s a prologue; The Birth of the Demon…”

Now, before we begin, I would like to point out that it is substantially more difficult to conjure a demon of the opposite sex; this is mainly due to the fact that conjuring demons requires one to use, or rather, sacrifice, a part of their own soul. Now, obviously, it is different for me, for those of you who read my first volume.

First volume…where could that be? I thought. Could whoever wrote these gramayre be the one who’s controlling everything…? Or…no, wait; where did that thought even come from? Someone trying to control everything; I must be tired still…I flipped through the pages of the book, looking for some useful information. “Let’s see…Chapter 2; Laura’s Temptation…Wait, that was the attack Carmillamon used!”

Carmillamon was born rather differently from my other female demons. Of course, that was because there was no other way for me to first bring this species into existence. In my more early years, I met a Human woman who went by the name ‘Laura.’ Laura and I were something akin to a couple, but of course, as you might know by now, I am incapable of feeling anything. But that did not stop Laura from feeling anything towards me. And that feeling…was love. Oh, she was a good-looking lass, but I am incapable of feeling emotions of any sort. She loved me. She craved me. Her lust for me was beginning to hinder my plans…so I decided to use her to my advantage. Of course, she did not object. Why would she? Those inflicted by the curse of lust are forever doomed to do the bidding of whoever their sin has them enraptured with. And so, the basis of Carmillamon began. From myself, I removed just over a gallon of blood (as I am a Digimon, such a thing would not endanger my life), as per the requirements of the ritual. I ordered her to drink it. I ordered her to drink until her belly ached, and to continue drinking through the pain. And drink, she did. Every last drop of blood I presented to her went past her lips, and with her belly fattened and pouring out from her unbuttoned shirt, she laid back and gently rubbed it. And I began the ritual. The blood that was crammed into her round belly intertwined with her own blood, and thus the transformation began. Laura was no more. Where she lay was an Ultimate level Digimon nearly identical to her. There were a few differences here and there, naturally; her skin had gone from the regular and plain soft pink to a pale color with the slightest hint of green. Her eyes were now red, and slits, like an angered Guilmon. She wore a maroon dress, and her fingernails had lengthened into sharpened claws, and were painted red. Carmillamon rose from the altar of mists and gazed at me with a dreamy look on her face. She still loved me, even though she was transformed into a completely different individual altogether. And so I killed her. Such an emotion would have become an even greater hurdle in my quest. But with the first Carmillamon killed, the newest species I had created would now be free to be born, Digivolved into or from, and to live.

“…Nothing that will really help me,” I grumbled. “C’mon…I need better information! Wait…Chapter 13; The Fall of the Temptress. This is it!”

Now, you might be wondering; why did I create such a Digimon as Carmillamon? I have no need for love, nor am I able to experience it. But I do know that others can experience it. I know that others do have a need for love. Carmillamon was created with the intention of using such desires to my own advantage. As you may recall from Chapter 2, Laura was required to gorge herself on a gallon of my own blood. That, according to my spellbook, was the requirement for creating an Ultimate level Virus type Digimon in the manner that I did. Yes, Carmillamon is a Virus Digimon, and a Fallen Angel at that; so, it should go without saying that Carmillamon as a species is an evil Digimon. But, like other beings who can feel, she is not without faults. As love is the Carmillamon’s greatest weapon, so it is that it is also her greatest weakness. Her ‘secret’ attack, Laura’s Temptation, forces others to fall in love with her, be they man or woman, Human or Digimon. Those enamored with Carmillamon will do what she says without question. However, there is also the chance that the one under the spell of Carmillamon will have Carmillamon drawn to them instead. In that case, if they are a being of goodness, an Angel Digimon perchance, then Carmillamon too will become a being of goodness. And so we come to the main point of the final chapter of this Grimoire numbered 25; how to end the life of Carmillamon. Carmillamon is a vampiric Digimon, meaning she is, for all practical purposes, immortal. However, I must confess to you that there is no such thing as immortality, and thus, even those blessed (or cursed) with the title of immortal have their weakness, and can die or be killed. This holds true with Carmillamon. However, should there be someone who is under the curse of Laura’s Temptation, let it be known that they are the only ones capable of ending Carmillamon’s life, and it is only at these times when Carmillamon’s life is vulnerable. Recall, reader, if you will, Chapter 2 once again, when Laura was required to drink my blood to bring Carmillamon into existence. Laura’s belly swelled and expanded with each passing second, which then became a hint for me as how to end the life of a Carmillamon. My blood, which rests at the pit of Carmillamon’s belly, is the essence of her life force. Should this blood be expelled from her, her life would be ended immediately.

“…That’s all there is too it, huh?” I closed the book, and quietly slid it back underneath the bed. “I knew that she was immortal…But a cut to the belly is all that’ll take to kill her? Not even a shot to the head ’ll work. Huh. No big deal. This is why I always carry a knife…”

“Isole.” I gasped, and looked up. Carmillamon stood, wet and naked, standing in the bedroom doorway with a towel in her hands.

“Y—Yes?”

“They’re here. Your old friends have found us,” Carmillamon said. “I saw a couple of them through the shower window. They’re ready to fight. Get ready, my love.”

“…Yes. Of course…my love,” I whispered.
    "Evil can confuse you when you're staring at it straight in the face. You can hope the face of evil will change, but it won't unless you force it to change."

If you read my story, check this out!: ---> https://withthewill.net/threads/1844...906#post325906

Chapter 53 - Blood Dawn

Isole Frost

The golden sun hung low in the deep crimson sky, surrounded by feathery clouds of amethyst. Carmillamon and I stood, side by side, and faced down my friends. Each and every one of my friends that accompanied me to Shendu Territory stood, waiting for us to move. I held my spellbook in hand, and held tight the dagger secured at my waist in my other hand, and eyed Carmillamon carefully.

Not yet…I need to wait just a little longer, I thought. She can still see me; if I tried to attack her now, I wouldn’t have a chance. She could easily kill me, or…If the “spell” on me is broken and cast on another, cast successfully…we may lose our only chance to defeat her! Hmm…come to think of it, I still don’t understand why I wasn’t affected by Laura’s Temptation; maybe she was still a bit out of whack over Analetta’s death or something? I dunno…

“I hope you weren’t expecting to win!” Carmillamon said. “Together…my lover and I are invincible!”

“Yes; I told the others about the nature of your attack,” Edmund said. “Isole is your unwilling slave; a puppet for you to use as you see fit.”

“Close, but…with a bit of difference.” Carmillamon placed her hand gently on my shoulder. “The two of us are in love. We are both equals. There is no manipulation whatsoever.”

“You will be destroyed!” Lucia yelled. “We will all vanquish you, and bring Isole back to where she belongs!”

“I will never let that happen! Shattered Dreams!”

“Andromon, reload!” Ulysses held up his Fusion Loader. A bright light shone, and the Android Digimon materialized in front of Lucia.

“Prepared for this, I was,” Andromon said. “A heart, I have none. Your attacks…hurt me, they will not.”

“Yes, I remember,” Carmillamon snapped. “But your slow attacks can’t hit me! So…we’re back to square one again, huh?”

“But can you dodge attacks from all of us at once?” Mihiramon growled.

“…Maybe.” Carmillamon bit her lip, and a small trickle of blood poured out. “Right, Isole?”

“…Whatever you say,” I said, avoiding her eyes. Almost…just a little closer…Ah, fuck it. I slowly walked over to Carmillamon, and gently placed my arms around her shoulders. “You can do it…I know you can…”

“Thank you, Isole,” Carmillamon whispered seductively.

“…Actually…that was a lie.” I removed my dagger from my belt, and quickly slashed it across her belly. Carmillamon looked back at me in shock, and blood came spilling from her mouth and stomach. “The blood of your creator sits in your belly…If that blood is spilled, you lose your life.”

“Y-You…Isole…why?!”

“From the very beginning…I was planning on this,” I said. Carmillamon clutched her belly, and fell to her knees. “I wanted to get any information I could from you. I knew you were immortal if someone was under the influence of Laura’s Temptation, so I also wanted to find out a way to stop you. Imagine my surprise when I figured out that I was the only one who could kill you.”

“But…why…? I…loved you…Isole…”

“And that’s all there was to it. I found that book under your bed, and read it while you were in the shower. From there, all I had to do is slit your belly and free the blood of your creator.”

“…My…creator? Who…who is it?” Carmillamon gasped. “I’ve read that book…I’ve read it…many times…But who…wrote it? Do you…know? Does…anybody?”
    “I don’t know. But I’m glad I found it,” I said. “Now…die.”

“…No…no!” Carmillamon tried to force herself up, but I kicked her across the face and back down to the ground. A few seconds later, her data disappeared, and was gone forever.

“Isole…what just happened?!” Lucia asked.

“…Sorry I left like that, Luci — M…Mother,” I stuttered. “But it was just as I said. I’d heard of Carmillamon before, and I knew before we came here that she would be immortal if anyone was under the trance of Laura’s Temptation. I needed to figure out how to kill her…and to find out anything else I could about the Cyllenian Invasion.”

“Well, why didn’t her attack work on you, then?” Sparrow asked. I shrugged.

“I’m just as surprised as you lot; I figure it might’ve been because she was still mourning over Analetta, so her powers or whatever were off-kilter or something. I dunno, but the important thing is that it didn’t affect me.”

“The important thing, young lady, is that you scared me half to death!” Lucia exclaimed. “I…I was so worried about you…You went off with that…that monster! I almost…gave up hope on finding you…”

“Well, if we’re being honest here, I did a little more than ‘go off’ with her,” I said, laughing nervously.

“OOOooo…like what?” Sparrow asked.

“Well…I have a feeling I might have said too much already…”

“ISOLE DELBRAY, DID YOU SLEEP WITH THAT DIGIMON?!” Lucia screamed. Sparrow, Alicia, and Mihiramon were both attempting to stifle their laughter, but were failing miserably. Siebold didn’t even try to hide his amusement, and was rolling on the ground in a fit of laughter. Eleanora placed her hands over Matthew’s ears. Zelda’s face was a deep scarlet. Flamedramon, however, had the usual look of boredom on his face.

“…Almost?”

Isole!

“Well…we didn’t really take off all of our clothes…”

“I like where this is going,” Sparrow said, shortly before Lucia kicked him in the shins.

“Jeez, relax, mother; I kept my panties on at least!”

“Hurray for mental imagery!” Sparrow exclaimed, shortly before Lucia punched him in the groin.

“So…you didn’t…you know…”

“You didn’t screw her, didja?” Flamedramon asked. Abigail elbowed him in the ribs with a disapproving look on her face.

“No, I did not have sex with Carmillamon, and yes, I am still a virgin, and yes, I look both ways before crossing the street! Happy now?”

“…A bit of trivial information at the end there…but I guess that drives the point home,” Edmund said.

“But…she saw you naked?!” Lucia exclaimed.

“Lucky slut,” Sparrow groaned from the ground.

“Oh, relax; my chest is flatter than Matthew’s! Er, no offence there, uh, buddy…”

“None taken,” Matthew shrugged.

“…Don’t scare me like that again, Isole. Do you hear me? I know I’ve said this more than enough times, but you are my daughter. I don’t want anything to happen to you.”

“Is that why you replaced my last name with yours?” I asked.

“…What?!”

“Earlier…didn’t you notice? You called me Isole Delbray,” I said. “My last name is Frost, remember? A last name to match my icy personality?”

“I’m sorry…I didn’t notice…”

“No harm done. I was thinking of changing my last name to Delbray anyway.”

“Why? Frost is the last name your family gave you…”

“But you’re my family, Lucia. My parents were killed before I could ever meet them, and you’ve raised me ever since. My birth parents are just faceless strangers. But, hey, enough with all the mushy crap; I got some good info from Carmillamon a few hours ago.”

“What did you hear?” Ulysses asked.

“I dunno if it’s true or not, but apparently, Desmond’s younger sister, Eris, is a duchess of a neighboring area, and from what I was told, Eris is planning on finding a way to dethrone Desmond.”

“…She means to take his power?!” Flamedramon asked.

“There’s a bit more to it than that,” I continued. “If this information were to get out on Cyllene, then it would be pretty bad for Eris; she’d lose all her allies, and all of her soldiers would vanish.”

“How would that help us?” Ulysses asked.

“I can answer that, sir, if I may,” Alena said. Ulysses gave the young knight a nod of approval. “Currently, Eris is the Duchess of the kingdom of Erigor, and is one of the few allies that King Desmond of Cyllene has. Her knights take up a large portion of the Imperial Army; so, if her soldiers were to desert her, then Desmond’s army would lose a great deal of manpower…roughly one or two fifths are not from Erigor, I believe.”

“It’s also been said that the knights of Erigor are not only a large portion of the overall Imperial Army, but also some of its greatest and more powerful knights,” Siebold added.

“I see…So it would be both wise and prudent for us to leak this information when we travel to Cyllene,” Ulysses said.
    “But…how will we get there?” Eleanora asked. All of us fell silent.

Chapter 54 - King's Spear Shrine

Lucia Delbray

“How will we get to Cyllene?” Eleanora asked.

“By ship,” Isole replied bluntly.

“Well, not shit; but where in the Seven Hells are we going to find this bloody ship?” Siebold asked.

“Even if we Digimon were to wait in Ulysses’ Fusion Loader, it would still need to be a fairly large ship for this big a group,” Leopardmon mused.

“…There…might be a way,” Flamedramon said quietly.

“What is it, honey?” Abigail asked.

“…Pirates.”

“Pirates?!” I gasped. “Wait…you don’t mean the Thanatos Bandits, do you?! The enemy we all spend our day-to-day lives fighting?! You’re thinking of asking them for help?!”

“Do you have a better idea?” Flamedramon asked. “Their main group deserted the mountains long ago, and set up base here in Shendu Territory, and they are in possession of a good number of ships, some of which are surely more than large enough to hold all of us and then some.”

“…No. We will not work with those monsters!” I yelled.

“Enough, Lucia!” Ulysses demanded. “Flamedramon…is right. We have no other choice. We must…ask them for help.”

“Boss…”
    “Now, we will go to where they reside. The King’s Spear shrine.”

Acacia City
    Shendu Territory
    30 Minutes

This is the first time I’ve been to Acacia. The capital city of Shendu Territory…It really is as big as they say…if not bigger! Just how does the boss know where he’s going? Even if he’s been here before, this place is…too damn big!

“…This really brings back memories,” I heard Zelda whisper.

“Oh, you mean back when Lilithmon was still alive?” Abigail asked.

“Yes…Luna and…and Thomas were both with me at the time,” Zelda answered. “We were looking for a Horcrux at the bottom of the ocean, and we were fighting a Gesomon who Digivolved into a red MarineDevimon. Tommy was blinded by Gesomon’s attack, so he wasn’t able to help…”

“So…didja spend any time at the beach?” Abigail asked, playfully nudging Zelda’s shoulder with her elbow.

“…Y…Yes…” Zelda’s face turned a deep red.

“Did he get to see you in your swimsuit?” Abigail whispered. Zelda lowered her head, hiding her face in her golden hair.

…Abigail seems…so carefree, even with all that’s going on. How does she do it? Her son and her husband are here with her, and she’s still all right! My “daughter” is here, but I’m scared out of my mind over her safety! Well, I guess Edmund and Flamedramon can handle themselves in a fight, I guess; in fact, they’re probably our best fighters, now that I think about it. But Isole…if she were to get separated from us…I don’t even want to think about it…

“We’re almost at the shrine, everyone,” Ulysses said. “We’re at the northern outskirts of Acacia, and the shine is probably less than a minute or so away.” Sure enough, like the boss said, as we left the city, the stone shrine could be seen rising high out of the earth, molded by weather and seemingly purposely chiseled into a vast and regal construction that almost appeared to shine and glow a rich ambery gold in the early afternoon sun. A pure blue stream of water trickled out from the entrance of the shrine, widening as it furthered itself from the cavern.

“…This is where the Ambrosia River begins its life,” I whispered, speaking to no one in particular.

“And from it…from the pure, blue water, many new lives are born,” Ulysses said. “Fish Digimon like Swimmon are born in the pure water of Ambrosia. They, in turn, are consumed by Humans and Digimon, providing life energy to those who feed on them. In turn, we will die, and provide nourishment for the soil and plants.” Our group entered the shrine, and we were all enshrouded in darkness. Further in, there was an opening in the ceiling where the sun’s light shone through.

“The great circle of life…One is all, and all is one,” Edmund whispered.

“We should stay quiet,” Flamedramon said. “We should try to find them before they find us.” The Armor level suddenly stopped in his tracks. “…Although…we might already be too late…”

“…You’re right. I can smell them coming,” Abigail agreed.

“You mean the bandits?” I asked. “They’re coming?”

“No mistaking it,” Abigail said. “They’re stench is unmistakable; it’s worse than a Raremon, and that’s definitely saying something.” Abigail pulled out her Bio Link Digivice, and looked to the shadowed walls of the shrine. “Stay close, Eddie; mommy will protect you.”

“Mother, I’m a grown man!” Edmund whined. The sound of several quiet footsteps echoed through the shrine. The fur on Mihiramon’s neck stood up on ends.
    I guess they’ve found us! Several figures stepped out of the shadows, each one a Human bearing a weapon.

“…To have found us…you must have known about our location.” The visible figures knelt down and bowed to the hidden speaker. A large Human stepped out from the shadows now, and was followed by an even larger Digimon. Torches lining the walls of the shrine instantly lit up, showing the face of the approaching bandit. The Digimon was a Vikemon, and the Human was a bandit I had hoped I would never see again.

“…You…You’re…”

“Huh? Oh, so you remember me, do ya?” The man was missing his left arm, and his left leg was a peg leg. His left eye was covered by an eyepatch. “Good to see ya ‘gain, sweetheart. Now…where’s that purdy friend of yers? That tiny one with the blue ‘air?”

“Lucia, who is this man?” Sparrow asked. “And who is he talking about? Lilliana, or Larraine?”

“This man…is the leader of the Thanatos Bandits,” I said through clenched teeth. “His name is…Barbossa Thanatos. He was speaking…of Larraine.”

“Yes…Larraine was her name! Is she not among your big group, Lucia?!” Barbossa asked.

“…She is far away from you. Somewhere where you can no longer touch her,” I said.

“I see…Well, when next you see her, tell her I thank her…FOR MAKING ME LOOK LIKE THIS!” Barbossa tore off his eyepatch, revealing a sickening wound where his eye had once been. The large bandit pulled a rather large scimitar from his belt, and swung it at me, barely missing my neck.

“This bullcrap again, huh?!” I retrieved my pendulum axe from the sheath strapped around Mihiramon and held it up to protect myself from another of Barbossa’s attacks. “Everyone, stay back! I’m taking him out myself!”

“Huh…sure didn’t have that there axe last time I tried to rape yer friend!” I swung my weapon at Barbossa, who was able to doge quite well in spite of his peg leg. “Now…lemme cut dem buttons offa yer shirt!” Once more, Barbossa swung his blade, and once again, I held up my axe to protect myself. The moment the two weapons connected, Barbossa raised his left leg and jammed the peg deep into my belly.

“LUCIA!”

“No…stay back…Isole,” I said, gasping for breath while doing my best to dodge Barbossa’s scimitar. “I told you…all of you…that I’ll kick his ass on my own! For what he almost did to Larraine!” Barbossa swung again, and though my head and neck were spared, the scimitar tor through the top of my left shoulder. It was painful, but I took the predicted opportunity to swing my pendulum axe at Barbossa’s peg leg, slicing it cleanly in two. A look of anger and shock spread across the face of the head bandit as he fell to the ground on his ass. I held my axe to his neck. “Checkmate…you dirty old bastard!”

“Lucia, don’t kill him!” Ulysses said sternly.

“Yeah…I know,” I said sadly.

“…Why’re you lot not killin’ me, huh?” Barbossa asked. “It’s the goodest chance yeh got, right?”

“No; we aren’t going to kill you. At least…not yet,” Ulysses replied grimly.

“Um…if it’s all right, I’d like to ask him something first,” Mia said.

“…That’s fine. I have a feeling it’s a question I’d like to ask as well. Go ahead, my dear,” Ulysses said.

“…Um…Mr. Thanatos, sir? You said that you lost your limbs and eye because of Larraine,” Mia said, speaking in a meek and timid voice. “But…Larraine’s just a dancer, so…how could she have done that to you?”

“Well, darlin’, ‘fraid I don’t know how she did,” Barbossa sighed. “All I saw was…a flash of blue light…blue as the sky, like ‘er ‘air.”

“You deserved all the pain in the world for what you almost did to her!” I yelled. Barbossa shrugged his only shoulder.

“Won’t argue with you there, darlin. But…let down your guard, and I’d try it again in a ‘eartbeat.” Barbossa grinned a nauseating smile, filled with yellowed and missing teeth.

“…What happened…on that day?” Ulysses asked. “How did Larraine tear your limbs? That girl probably weighs less than your sword. How?!”

“…Yer the boss of this here group, ain’t ya?” Barbossa asked. “You sure you wanna hear how I just about raped dem lasses?”

“I wish only to hear how such a tiny girl was able to harm you. That is all,” Ulysses replied.

“…Fine. I’ll tell ya…But you ain’t gonna like it. It was about ten years ago…”
    ~~~

It was a dark and stormy night. Ten years ago, when I was in Valencia Territory, I came across that dancer, Larraine. She was soaking wet in the rain, but she didn’t seem the least bit disturbed, kinda happy actually. She still had a bit of sand on her from the desert, so I guess she just came up from Cyprus. She didn’t see me coming. I had her pinned to the ground in less than a second. She looked up at me, and screamed. She screamed, and tried to struggle away, but she were too bony an’ weak to get up. She screamed louder and louder, and suddenly, Lucia came, ridin’ in on her pet tiger; but me pal Vikemon, when ‘e were just a wee little Zudomon, knocked ‘em both away, and another pall o’ mine tried to have his way with her. That was when it happened. Larraine began ta glow in a light blue…well, light. That light were blindin’, and I couldn’t see nothin’. I could feel somethin’ hit me, ya know? Couldn’t see what, couldn’t even tell what it was, but it felt like claws or somethin’. When that damn light faded, I wound up like I am now; missin’ my left arm and leg, and me eye were torn out.
    ~~~

“…That night…that was the night I first met Larraine,” I said, shivering at the memory.

“…A bright blue light,” Zelda whispered. “Bright blue…who else had that glow? Who…”

“I’m afraid dat’s all the intel I got for ya’s,” Barbossa sighed. “That blue light’s the only thing I kin remember.”

“…I’ll ask her of this when we return,” Ulysses mumbled.

“Don’t bother; I’ve tried asking her a few times, but she doesn’t remember a thing,” I said.

“But…how did you not bleed to death?” Isole asked. “An arm and a leg, your eye…You could have bled to death in minutes!”

“Yeah, I almost would’ve, if that guy hadn’t saved me when ‘e started livin’ in me shadow,” Barbossa said. Zelda gasped.

“…In you shadow?!” Zelda exclaimed. “Is…By any chance, is his name…IceDevimon?!”

“So…yeh know of ‘im too, do ya?” Barbossa asked.

“IceDevimon?! Just how long has that bastard been alive?!” Sparrow exclaimed.

“You’ve seen him, too?” Zelda asked.

“A month or two ago, he, Matthew, and their Digimon had a fight with him at the Trillium Mountains,” Ulysses said. Zelda had an exceedingly troubled expression on her face.

“…One of my Digimon Spirits killed him over five hundred years ago…Was he reborn so quickly?”

“Well, whatever. Now that I’ve told ya my story, I think it’s ‘bout time you tell me why yer here,” Barbossa said. “I don’t think ya’ came here to ask me ‘bout that lovely young gal. Why’d ya come ‘ere to us?”

“…We need your help,” Ulysses said. Barbossa’s eye widened.

“…Me ‘elp?! Waddya want me help fer?!” Barbossa exclaimed. “Yeh lot barge inna ‘ere, break me fake leg an’ kick me arse, and then yeh ask for me ‘elp?!”

“…You haven’t said no,” Edmond said. Barbossa bit his lip, and remained silent. Ulysses sighed, and approached the bandit leader.

“Barbossa. Are you aware of the continent Cyllene across the ocean to the west?”

“Yeh think me dumb cuz imma bloody bandit?! …I could never forget…what dem bastards did fifteen years ago…” Barbossa clenched his fist. “Me daughter…not me actual daughter, mind ye, but a wee lass that joined our group. All of us refrained from touchin’ ‘er hurtin’ the gal, an’ we came teh love the lass. But then…those bastards from Cyllene came over…They found us, and we fought ‘em. But that lass…‘er name was Ansley…dem bastards…they killed her. I…I did me best to protect ‘er, but…I just weren’t strong enough. I’d heard they’d be takin’ wee dames as slaves ‘er prisoners er somethin’…but dey killed ‘er. I almost wish dey’d ‘ve taken ‘er…I dunno now. Never will…” As the bandit spoke, I noticed the look in his eye. I could see tears begin to form. Unexpectedly, I felt a tinge of sadness. I sat down on the shrine floor next to Barbossa.

“…Barbossa…that girl, over there…” I pointed at Isole. “She’s…my daughter. Not by birth, but I’ve raised her like I would a daughter. So, I…I can kind of understand how you might be feeling…”

“…The lot of us…we’d all take turns combin’ ‘er purdy red hair…She had such a cute smile, ya know? To make sure dem other bandits didn’t touch ‘er, we marked her with our group’s tattoo, on ‘er right arm…She…had a good time with us, pillagin’ an’ killin’ an’ all that stuff…And then…and then those bastards came, an’ they…they took it all away. They cut ‘er throat right before me eyes…”

“Barbossa…those are the very same bastards we’re going to fight,” I said. “Please…take us across the ocean to Cyllene; you can get revenge for Ansley…”

“…No. I can’t do it.”

“What do you mean?!” I shouted.

“I’m a bandit…I ain’t a pirate. Bandits pillage on land, pirates be at sea. I ain’t got no ships, anyway…And I ain’t got no right to avenge dat sweet lass. I…couldn’t even protect ‘er. I ain’t goin’ with ya’. Now…leave…Get outta here!”

“…Fine. We’ll go.” I stood up, and faced my numerous allies. “…Let’s go, guys.” Without looking directly into the faces of any of them, I walked to the exit of the shrine.

“What should we do?” Mihiramon asked, following after me out of the shrine.

“They don’t want to help us, and they’re not even able to,” Ulysses said. “Well, now…this is a bit of a problem…” I looked back at the King’s Spear Shrine, and sighed. At that moment, a large figure emerged from the mouth of the shrine.

“…Vikemon? Why did you follow us?” I asked.

“I was told to give you some information by my partner, Barbossa,” the huge Mega responded. “But…I feel like that would be no fun at all. If any one of you can defeat me in a fight…I will tell you what you wish to know.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456