With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

Thread: Lost Chronicles II: One World

Junior Commander IamTheSovereign's Avatar

Chapter 141 - Mutiny in the Bounty

Tamiko Silverveil

Dominimon’s unconscious body lay on the ground before a grinning Lampmon.

“Hm…? Didn’t you say something rather funny about being able to defeat me ten minutes ago?” Lampmon asked.

“No way…Lampmon didn’t even use any attacks; just his bare hands!” I said, speaking in a small, quavering voice.

“Dominimon is so powerful, too; almost as strong as Edmund and Flamedramon,” Lilliana whispered. From the corner of my eye, I could see Kudamon stir, opening his eyes in a daze.

“Tamiko…please…let me fight,” the small Rookie said. “I can still…”

“…I guess…without Dominimon, there’s no one else here who can fight…but…”

“Don’t worry, Tamiko…I’ll be…fine…” Kudamon stumbled up to Lampmon, who merely scoffed at the injured, trembling Rookie. “Kudamon…Warp Digivolve to…Chirinmon! Wind Cutter Sword!” Lampmon clenched his fist, preparing to attack, but Chirinmon was too fast, cutting through the Mega Digimon’s chest with the horn on his head. Lampmon screamed as Chirinmon landed unsteadily on the ground. I smiled at my partner Digimon’s success, but my joy was short lived as Chirinmon collapsed, and turned back into Kudamon.

“Ahh…! Damn it…that actually hurt! Better kill you first before you get your strength back!” Lampmon snapped. “Phantom Turban!”

“Shining Force!”

“Primary Tactic!” Several powerful blasts of energy struck Lampmon in the back, once more taking him by surprise.

“Tactimon! And Lupinemon!” I gasped.

“Yup! Zelda found us, and she told us to wait with you in case something like this happened!” Sieglinde walked up behind me, giving me a friendly, albeit rather hard, slap on the back. “She didn’t find Edmund or anyone yet, so she told us to tell you that she’s still looking for him!”

“Yes…it is very fortunate we found you, Tamiko,” Tactimon said. “We shall protect you and the injured, so rest easy.”

“Ah, excellent! More corpses for the mountain!” Lampmon cracked his knuckles, and sailed towards Tactimon and Lupinemon. “Phantom Turban!” Tactimon swung his sword, but stopped halfway before striking Lampmon’s neck. I looked closer, and saw that the ribbons of Lampmon’s turban had rearranged themselves into the form of a shield, perfectly blocking Tactimon’s attack.

“Shining Force!”

“Golden Smog!” The two eyes on Lampmon’s lamp began to emit a baleful crimson light, and exhaled a hazy, golden fog that surrounded Lupinemon. Her lustrous eyes glazed over, and the Mega level fell over. “Phantom Turban!” The shield formed by Lampmon’s previous attack quickly changed into an enormous spear that struck Tactimon deep into his shoulder. In a flash, they were severed by Sieglinde’s rapier.

“Stand firm, Tacty! We can do this!” Sieglinde winked, and twirled her sword around in the air.

“Think so?” Sieglinde whipped around, prepared to attack Lampmon, but was met with a large, blue fist to her face that knocked her to the ground, where she was surrounded by Lampmon’s Golden Smog. Tactimon swung his sword once again, but once again, he was halted by Lampmon’s Phantom Turban. “You’re all…going to die. Here…and now! Phantom Turban!” More and more threads erupted from Lampmon’s turban, grabbing hold of Kudamon, Lupinemon, Tactimon, and Sieglinde, and hoisting them all up into the air. “NOW! PERSIH! IN THE NAME OF LORD MURMUXMON, I COMMAND YOU ALL TO PERISH!!!” Lampmon, now mad with excitement, prepared one final attack. With his arms raised up in the air, Lampmon was oblivious to his surroundings, and thus did not notice the large gathering of armed warriors behind him, many of which I actually recognized by face. Leading them was none other than Pheragas the First.

“TO ARMS, COMRADES!” Pheragas yelled. With a single arm, he lifted a massive axe and jammed it deep into Lampmon’s back. The Mega Digimon screamed and yelled, thrashing around madly to see who it was who attacked him.

“T-That voice…is that…you…Pheragas?!” Lampmon tried to turn around, but found that in doing so, he made the wound inflicted by his former servant deeper. “You…b-bastard…after all that loving care I showed to you and the others…do the Games mean nothing to your treasonous, evil heart?!”

“You vorked us all like slaves, and vhen ve ah injured, you cast us aside like a broken toy,” Pheragas grunted. “You attacked us vhen ve vould not comply vith your mad, mad orders. You, Lampmon…deserve var vorse a vate dan dis.” Pheragas forcibly removed his axe from Lampmon’s back, and swung once more, aiming at Lampmon’s neck. Lampmon backed away, preparing to counterattack, but was too slow. Pheragas’s axe sliced all the way through Lampmon’s neck. The Mega Digimon’s head and body both hit the ground at the same instant, and dissolved away into small fragments of data, and Lampmon died instantly.

“…Nice…you actually did it,” Sieglinde smirked. “Glad you were able to get here in time, big guy!”

“I did vut only vas necessary of me,” Pheragas said in a modest voice. “I vas able to vree de other prisoners, but it seems it vas not necessary vor de deveat of Lampmon, at de very least. Still, I am glad dey got to vitness his demise.”

“We couldn’t have done it without you, though,” Tactimon said.

“Oh, vell, you all did most of de vork,” Pheragas replied.

“Pheragas…you are a hero!” Sieglinde exclaimed. There were several nods of agreement among the other prisoners gathered behind Pheragas. “It may not have gotten to that point, but you gathered all of these innocent, captured people — you freed them — for the purpose of forming a rebellion against your cruel, hateful so-called master, who you yourself ended up killing! If that doesn’t make one a hero, I don’t know what does!”

“O-Oh, vell…I suppose if you vish to tink of me dat vay…”

“Yeah, totally! Hey, and you should have kids!”

“Sieglinde!”

“Maybe, name one or two of them after you. You know, just…just saying. Maybe train them how to use that cool axe of yours, or something like that…”

“…Is dat vun of your vuture traditions?” Pheragas asked, giving Sieglinde a confused glance.

“Yes. Yes it is.”

Stop fucking with history, Sieglinde,” Tactimon whispered into Sieglinde’s ear.
    "Evil can confuse you when you're staring at it straight in the face. You can hope the face of evil will change, but it won't unless you force it to change."

If you enjoy(ed) my story, check this out! It's the various Digimon I've created for the entire series: ---> https://withthewill.net/threads/1844...906#post325906

Chapter 142 - A Glimpse of the Glow

Lucia Delbray

Kieran and I clashed our axes together over and over, their loud metallic clangs filling the vaporous air.

“Heh; nice. Been a while since I fought a Human as strong as you, you know?” Kieran asked. “…And quite a good-looking lass, too. This ought to be interesting.” Mihiramon reared up on his hind legs, and took a swipe at Kieran, but the large man unsheathed his sword and blocked the attack flawlessly with his blade.

“You’d better just back off,” Mihiramon growled. “We don’t have time to screw around with you! Get out of our way NOW!”

“Well, I’m not moving, so if you want to get past me, you’ll have to defeat me first!”

“Samurai Tiger Tail!” Once more, Mihiramon reared up, and swung his tail at Kieran’s head, but once again, his attack was blocked, with Kieran catching the Ultimate Digimon’s tail with his bare hands.

“…You’re an Ultimate, aren’t you? And this is all you can do?” Kieran asked. With a slight twist of his arm, he yanked Mihiramon down from the air and onto the ground. “You should know…Lord Murmuxmon has given me strength. I’m not a Bio Hybrid…but he gave me just enough data from slaughtered Digimon to make me as strong as I am now while still retaining my humanity. So, forgive me if I tear your still-beating heart right out of your chest!”

“Think you’ve got all the answers, do you?! Armored Tiger Tail!” Large metal spikes shot out from Mihiramon’s tail, piercing through Kieran’s hand as it begun to spin like a drill. Screaming, Kieran pulled away, and looked at his bloody right hand in shock.

“…Even with one hand…I can still defeat you!” Kieran snapped. Kicking his sword aside, Kieran picked up his axe with his left hand, and swung it at me, missing my head by just a few inches. I jumped off Mihiramon’s back, and begun swinging my own axe at Kieran once more. Despite his injury, he was fighting back quite impressively through the pain. As hard as I tried to keep my distance due to my axe’s length, Kieran was constantly able to bridge the distance. “Yeah…you’re as good as they say, Tiger Woman. Oh, if only we were allies; we would be invincible together as comrades, my dear! What do you say; would you and Mihiramon at all consider joining me?”

“You must be joking!” I shouted. “What makes you think I’d join someone as evil as Murmuxmon?!”

“I did not mean for you to join Murmuxmon and whatever the hell he desires to do here in the past. I meant ME…my dear. Nobody could defeat us together. Murmuxmon will be nothing more than a distant memory! The whole world — every continent out there — would bow down at our feet like the pathetic weaklings they are!”

“…No.”

“What?!”

“…You talk about living beings…Humans and Digimon…as if they are some form of possession for you to wield dominion over, and throw away when you get bored with them,” I whispered. “I could never…be with someone like you. Whether it’s working for Murmuxmon, or at Lachesis; you are someone I could NEVER consider to be an ally!”

“…Very well. I gave you a chance…but since you have the nerve to reject my kindness, I’ll make sure you and your pet live to regret such unwarranted stupidity!” Kieran raised his axe far up above his head, ready to strike once again; I could do nothing more than lift my own axe to protect myself. Kieran swung, his axe making a loud whoosh through the air as it sliced clear through my weapon. The two pieces of my axe hit the ground, followed by several splots of blood that seeped through a newly opened wound that ran from near the bottom of my chest to the middle of my stomach. My vision grew blurry as more and more blood welled from the cut and stained my blouse. Kieran took advantage of my unsteadiness by striking the side of my head with the handle of my axe. I fell down, landing face-down in a puddle of my own blood. I vaguely heard Mihiramon calling out my name before I felt Kieran kick my shoulder, forcing me to roll over onto my back. From the corner of my eye, I could see Mihiramon pinned to the ground, with Kieran’s sword pierced through one of the Ultimate’s wings.

“M…Mihira…mon…”

“Oh, your pussy is the least of your problems at the moment,” Kieran whispered.

“Mihiramon…get…get up…” I coughed up a few drops of blood while talking, and I could hear Kieran laugh.

“Ready to die now?” Kieran asked. I glared up into the man’s eyes, but said nothing. “…I’ll take that as a yes. Sorry, lovely; I’ll try and spare that cute face of yours, though.”

“Armored Tiger Tail!” Catching Kieran completely by surprise, Mihiramon’s tail drilled through the front of Kieran’s chest. More enraged than in pain, Kieran yelled out. His eyes were completely blank, and his screams filled the air. My eye widened as I could see some of his teeth grew and sharpened. His screams grew more and more feral, and his muscles swelled and expanded.

“I’ll destroy each and every one of you!” Kieran roared, his voice much deeper and monstrous. “None from Lachesis shall survive my wrath! You shall all perish in the shadow of Murmuxmon!”

“Tiger Wing Blades!” A blast from Mihiramon crashed into Kieran’s back, but the savage was left completely unfazed. “Tiger Wing Blades!” Again and again, Mihiramon attacked, but Kieran continued his approach towards me. Mihiramon roared even louder, shaking the air with his voice. Soon, I could hear nothing over the sound of his desperate roar, not the breeze, not the gentle chirping of a distant Nyokimon, not my own ragged breathing. A blinding, white light gradually filled the surrounding area. I closed my eye to blot out the excessive shine for just a moment, but the split second I opened them back up, Kieran lay dying on the ground.

“…What…what the hell…was that?!” Kieran gasped. “You, Digimon…what did you do to me?! That was…way beyond your power…that light…what…was that…?” Kieran’s eyes glazed over, and his breathing ceased.

“…Lu…cia…Are you…okay…?” Mihiramon wheezed. I looked over to the staggering Ultimate level, and saw that he had forcefully torn his wing away from Kieran’s sword, nearly tearing his wing in half in the process.

“F-Forget about me, you dumb bastard! Why’d you get up like that?! You almost lost your damn wing!” I screamed.

“Wings are replaceable, Lucia…but you? You are the least replaceable thing in the world, my dear,” Mihiramon whispered in a gentle voice.

“…Mihiramon…that light…”

“I know. It was like what Larraine did…” I nodded. “…Her light was blue, though. Mine was white…Do you think that means anything?”

“…She’s Statch’s daughter, right? And he said that he’s one of the Sovereigns; he’s obviously not an ordinary Digimon, you know? Probably passed on some kind of special ability to her,” I murmured. “…Is he your dad, too?”

“Doubtful. I’m probably older than the old fart,” Mihiramon yawned. “…Whatever. We still have some shit to do. Save the wondering for later, ‘k?”

“Well, you’re no fun…”
    “I’m an old mon. Get used to it.”

Matthew Kasuto

Matthew…I can sense an overwhelming presence of malice nearby! Katsumi’s spirit warned. I said nothing, and continued walking. Matthew! Did you hear me?! Be careful!

“…I heard you. But, aren’t we always in danger, my dear?” I asked.

Mattie, don’t make light of this! Her power is growing with her rage; she’s getting to be stronger than even Flaremon! Be careful, okay?!

“We’ll be fine, Kitty. Don’t worry…we’ll stop them. We’ll stop Murmuxmon from changing the past.”

Mattie…Please…She’s…

“…Yeah? What about her?” I asked.

…She’s…right behind you. With a start, I whirled around, and was greeted with a swift kick to my face. Matthew!

“You were the one who hurt Elderia, weren’t you?” the woman asked. Coronamon whirled around and readied an attack, but a look of fierceness flashed in the deep violet eyes of the woman that matched the vividity of her bright orange hair made the brave little Rookie back off. “You hurt her; that was not necessary, you bastard! What kind of man beats up on a defenseless little girl?! Especially one who’s had such a difficult life!”

“Who the hell do you think you are, lady?!” Coronamon snapped.

“Call me Marissa,” the woman said hotly. “Now, answer my question, you filth!”

“…Look. She attacked us first, okay? Well…I think she did. Either way, she was trying to kill us. She should just consider herself lucky I didn’t return the favor. A meek little thing like her, it just wouldn’t have felt right. But, if a real bitch like you comes at me, I’d be more than happy to cut your throat.”

…Matthew…This isn’t like you, Katsumi’s spirit whispered quietly. You used to be so gentle…what happened to him…?

“Well then…I’d best slip into something a bit more comfortable, hm?” Backing away from me, Marissa pulled a Digivice from the waist of her skirt. “Say hello to my little friend, the Bio Link Digivice!”

…She’s a Bio Hybrid…Matthew, please; I’m begging you! Be careful!

“Bio Hybrid D.N.A. Charge! Bio Hybrid Digivolve to, BioNymphmon!” A mere fraction of her Human form’s height, BioNymphmon whizzed around in the air overhead. “Behold! I may look small, but I am a full-blown Ultimate level! You idiots don’t stand a chance!”

“…Coronamon. You know what you need to do,” I said quietly.

“Matthew…Understood. I will do my best. Coronamon Warp Digivolve to, Flaremon!”

“Ooh, I’m so fucking scared! Do your worst, you son of a bitch!” BioNymphmon shrieked.

“Crimson Beast King…W-Where the hell’d she go?!” Flaremon cautiously glanced around his surroundings, trying desperately to find the petite BioNymphmon. It was at that moment that I spotted her just behind Flaremon.

“Flaremon! Watch out!” I shouted. “She’s right behind you!”

“Lunar Blast!” From her small and dainty hands, BioNymphmon conjured a glowing, pink sphere much larger than herself that she unleashed at the back of Flaremon’s head. Roaring fiercely, Flaremon turned around and swung his claws at the tiny fairy, but missed. BioNymphmon used this opportunity to fire another Lunar Blast right at Flaremon’s furry face. Toppling over backwards, the massive Ultimate shrunk and turned back into Coronamon.

“Flaremon!”

“You’re next! Lunar Blast!” In the slightest fraction of a second, I readied my bow and fired an arrow right through the center of BioNymphmon’s attack. Surprised, BioNymphmon hovered motionless in the air as my arrow sailed onwards and struck her leg. “OW! You bastard! I’ll kill you! I’LL KILL YOU! DAZZLING GLEAM!” BioNymphmon’s wings began to glow and expand outwards. Pure white blasts of energy shot out from her wings at me, much faster than I could react, let alone ready my bow to counterattack. The energy blasts exploded the instant they hit the ground, throwing clumps of dust into the air.

“Coronamon!”

“Lunar Blast!” As I began running over to my partner Digimon to protect him, another attack of BioNymphmon’s struck me in the back, making me fall to the ground. I looked up just in time to see her unleash another Dazzling Gleam, striking Coronamon and myself. The air filled with the bright light of her attack, but soon, I saw nothing but darkness.
    "Evil can confuse you when you're staring at it straight in the face. You can hope the face of evil will change, but it won't unless you force it to change."

If you enjoy(ed) my story, check this out! It's the various Digimon I've created for the entire series: ---> https://withthewill.net/threads/1844...906#post325906

Chapter 143 - Ne'er the Twins Shall Meet

Eleanora Kasuto

Lunamon finally shut her sweet, pink eyes as she shifted her weight around in my arms. Small, almost invisible droplets of rain fell through the dense, green leaves of the dark and misty forest.
    I wish I knew where I was going, I thought. This forest is so familiar, but the arrangement of all these trees is all wrong. I guess 1,300 years will do that to a forest, but still…

“Hey! Ellie! There you are!” Lunamon’s ears twitched at the sound of the voice, but the small Rookie remained asleep. Waving and smiling at me, Mia ran as fast as she ever did. I returned her radiant smile, but jumped back when I saw who was following her. Completely dumbstruck at the sight of Alphonse Lincoln, I promptly dropped Lunamon on the moist ground.

“Mia…? What…are you…is he…what the fuck…?!”

“Oh, yeah! This is Alphonse! He was that man I was going to fight when you all left, remember?” Mia asked.

“YES, I REMEMBER! I MEAN, WHAT THE FUCK IS HE DOING RIGHT BEHIND YOU?!” I screamed.

“Oh, he just wants to join our guild!” Mia smiled. I stared in dismay at the young blonde.

“…I’m starting to believe that actually is your natural hair color…”

“What do you mean?” Mia asked.

“Nothing; never mind…”

“I believe she is attempting to imply that she doesn’t trust me in any way, shape, or form, while also attempting to maintain the stereotype that blonde people are uniquely unintelligent,” Alphonse said. “As a blonde myself, I take offense to this.”

“Oh! Oh, that isn’t very nice, Ellie! We can trust Alphonse! Sure, he’s a bit of a flirt like Sparrow, but he’s a nice guy!”

“I’ll believe it when I see it,” I replied calmly.

“Oh, c’mon! I even had my back turned to him for a while, but he didn’t stick anything in me—”

“MIA!”

“—like a knife! Or, a sword!”

“…Oh. Yeah. That’s totally what I thought you were going to say,” I mumbled sarcastically. “Goddess, Mia, think before you speak…”

“Well, he did grope me a few times, but other than that, nothing evil or suspicious!” Mia added.

“Are you…certain we can trust this man?” I asked.

“My lady, I would like nothing more than to prove my loyalty to you and your guild,” Alphonse said. “Perhaps…over dinner, sometime?”

“…Can I kill him now?”

“What?! No! He’s a member of our guild!” Mia exclaimed.

“If you think that for even a minute that I actually trust this man, then you’re even dumber than Neemon!” I screamed at the blonde.

“…You don’t have to be so mean about it,” Mia sulked.

“D-Don’t cry! L-Look, all I’m saying is that we just need to be careful, okay?”

“Okay…”

“And you, Alphonse; if you do anything even remotely suspicious—”

“I am fully aware; Lady Mia already gave me the proper warning,” Alphonse said. “Something about a sword to the groin or whatnot…? I wasn’t paying attention; I was too busy staring at—”

“Hey, Ellie? What are you doing out here in this forest?” Mia asked. “Are you looking for Mattie…?”

“That was the plan, but…I think first, I need to find myself…”

“A little soul searching, huh?” Mia asked.

“No, I literally do not know where I am right now.”

“Oh, I remember! Murmuxmon told me before I came here; these small woods are the site of the notorious Cursed Woods in the future we all came from!” Alphonse chimed in.

“And us being in the Cursed Woods is a good thing because…?”

“Well, now we know where we are! We can all easily make our way back to Celicia! And the woods aren’t supposed to become cursed for another…seven-hundred years, I believe?”

“Welp! Now that we know where we are, what say we go look for Matthew?” Mia asked.

“By any chance…Is Matthew a blond kid wearing green…?” Alphonse asked. His face looked pale, and his expression far more serious than his previous dopey grin.

“He’s hardly a kid, but yeah, that’s him. Why?” Mia asked.

“…Then we need not search any further…” Alphonse lifted a trembling arm and pointed dead ahead of himself. “…He’s…right there.” My heart skipped a few beats when I looked where Alphonse had pointed. Crucified and tied to a large oak tree by tethers constructed of light, my brother, covered in blood, hung silently, just barely alive. In a smaller tree next to him was Coronamon.

“Matthew! MATTHEW!!!”

“That light binding him to the tree…Gods, Marissa must be nearby,” Alphonse muttered. “Eleanora! Stay back!”

“Like hell I will! That’s my twin brother up there! I’ve got to get him down!” I screamed.

“Just…Look, let me do this, okay?” Rummaging through his coat pocket, Alphonse pulled out a Digimon Talisman. “Come forth; Togemon!”

“Ya’ called me, boss?” the giant Champion Digimon asked upon materializing from a golden light.

“That poor kid on the tree; get him down safely and gently.”

“Huh? That kid…? But, Boss…Marissa—”

“Don’t worry about Marissa. Just get him down,” Alphonse said quietly.

“Yeah, Boss. Got it!” The large Togemon stumbled carefully over towards Matthew, and unleashed its Needle Spray attack at the light tethers that bound my brother and Coronamon. Catching them as they began to fall, Togemon lay them gently on the ground before me.

“MATTHEW! Speak to me! Wake up!” I yelled hysterically. No response. I placed my hand over his chest, and I could feel his heart beating, although just barely. “Matthew…” I placed his hand in mine, and then, everything seemed to happen all at once. A blast of pure light energy exploded behind me, and I could hear the unsheathing of two swords.

“Gaiomon! Go all out!” I looked over my shoulder, and saw that Alphonse had summoned another Digimon, the immense, Mega-level Gaiomon. Opposing them was a diminutive, fairy-like Digimon.

“Alphonse, Alphonse, what are you doing?! Freeing my hostage, and then attacking me?! Lord Murmuxmon will be most displeased!” the small Digimon exclaimed.

“To the Dark Area with Murmuxmon! Only a monster would ask for a young child to be crucified to a tree! …And make his beautiful sister cry!”

“Oh, Alphonse…Did the little blonde persuade you a little too well?” the Digimon asked.

“No! Well, yes, but…Look, I meant what I said about the kid, Marissa! Even without his hot sister in the picture!”

“Marissa?! THIS little thing is Marissa?!” Mia exclaimed.

“I am NOT little!” Marissa snapped.

“Yeah, that’s her; Marissa Ruby…She’s a Bio Hybrid Nymphmon, too,” Alphonse whispered.

“Isn’t it a little too late for you to be forming a conscious after everything you’ve done?” BioNymphmon asked. “Remember, your list of sins FAR outnumbers my own! You’ve been with Murmuxmon even longer than me!”

“That may be, but I’m not going to give up on life just because of a few misguided mistakes. The first step to redemption begins with moving forward with your life; don’t worry about forgiveness from those you’ve hurt. Work towards fixing those mistakes first, and set things right! And I’ll start moving forward…by destroying you! Gaiomon, take her out!”

“Cross Slicer!”

“Oh, don’t be absurd! You know none of your Spirits stand a chance against me! Lunar Blast!” Forming a large, pink sphere between her hands, BioNymphmon easily stopped Gaiomon’s massive blade in the palm of her tiny hand. “You’re nothing compared to me!”

“Tankmon. Get her.” Yet another Digimon Spirit emerged from one of Alphonse’s Talismans, appearing right behind BioNymphmon.

“…Oh, please. Your pincer attack?” BioNymphmon scoffed. “That may have worked on your other enemies, but not with me!”

“Hyper Cannon!” Laughing to herself, BioNymphmon flew up into the air and away from Gaiomon’s sword. Tankmon’s fired missile sailed directly towards Gaiomon, but at the last second, the projectile meandered and soared up into the air, striking a direct hit against BioNymphmon. Screaming, the tiny Bio Hybrid fell to the ground.

“W…What the hell was that?!” BioNymphmon shrieked. “Tankmon’s missiles…they don’t have a mind of their own, damn it!”

“Please. You don’t think Gaiomon was holding hands with you because he liked you, did he?” Alphonse asked. “I’m surprised you didn’t notice it; Gaiomon’s Gaia Reactor attack. He can concentrate all of the air in the atmosphere, and increase its temperature. And, what Tankmon fired…was a heat-seeking guided missile. It sensed the air around you that Gaiomon heated, and sailed right towards you.”

“You…bastard…you’ve never…done that…before…”

“Think I should’ve told you? Forget it. Never reveal all of your tricks, even to your allies,” Alphonse replied.

“But how…could this be…? Your Digimon…aren’t stronger than me…”

“Have you forgotten? Each of us have our own unique ways of defeating the enemy,” Alphonse retorted. “Agunimon prefers winning a quick, decisive battle with pure strength that overwhelms the enemy. Kieran enjoys long, drawn-out battles with true warriors. Puppetmon destroys the enemy from within by taking control of them, and forcing them to fight amongst themselves. You, my dear, overwhelm the enemy with your speed, and strike when they get exhausted. But me…my expertise is strategically trapping the enemy, and annihilating them in one blow.” Alphonse snapped his fingers, and instantly, the gigantic form of the silver-colored MetalSeadramon that had once been the partner of Karen Swan appeared above the fallen BioNymphmon. “One blow…coming right up!”

“River of Power!”

“…Lunar Blast!” Once more forming a pink energy sphere between her hands, BioNymphmon unleashed her attack before MetalSeadramon had a chance to react, instantly destroying the Digimon Spirit. “Dazzling Gleam!”

“Togemon! Defensive maneuver!” Alphonse ordered.

“Needle Spray!” Without hesitation, Togemon began firing needles indiscriminately at the white energy darts unleashed by BioNymphmon’s wings, matching the Bio Hybrid needle for needle until one of BioNymphmon’s darts slipped through and struck Togemon between the eyes.

“No! Togemon…” Alphonse watched in dismay as Togemon fell backwards, defeated.

“Any more bright ideas, boss man?” Gaiomon asked.

“…If your opponent were them…instead of me…or if you weren’t enamored by that blonde girl…you’d be the victor,” BioNymphmon said in between heavy breaths. “Next time…don’t underestimate me!”

“…Why did you attack Matthew?” I asked. The small Digimon looked down from the sky at me. “Tell me. Why did you almost kill my brother?! Answer me!”

“Why…? Well…why the fuck not?! He nearly killed one of my own allies! Elderia…she could barely defend herself, a mage as powerful as herself…She was just a sweet, little girl, and he ruthlessly and viciously attacked her! That bastard…he deserved far worse a fate!” I said nothing, and glared at the small Digimon. “Death to Matthew, and all those he calls kin! He shall suffer for what he’s done to poor Elderia!”

“…That’s ENOUGH!” Unable to control my hatred, I leaped up into the air, and drew my sword, slicing through BioNymphmon’s shirt. Screaming, the pixie hit the ground in a puddle of her own blood. “Threaten my brother once again…and I will kill you where you stand!”

“Good luck trying! Lunar Blast!” As soon as BioNymphmon fired her attack, I swung my blade, and cleaved through her energy blast effortlessly. “Dazzling Gleam!” From her wings, BioNymphmon fired a countless number of needles, all of which I was able to dodge as I leapt through the air once again and struck the Bio Hybrid with my sword. “Damn it! You’re actually strong…and this is my Digimon form!” With a look of purest malice, BioNymphmon turned her back to me, and began flying away.

“GET BACK HERE!” In a fit of rage, I began running after BioNymphmon, but as I chased her, she unleashed her Dazzling Gleam attack once again, leaving a trail of dust in her wake as she flew on. Several glowing darts were actually successful in hitting me, mainly my legs and feet. My boots were soon torn to shreds, but still, I chased after the Digimon on bloodied feet, eventually meeting her at the end of the forest, atop the edge of a high cliff overlooking the ocean. Tumultuous dark clouds raged overhead, matching the churning, ink-black waters of the sea.

“Ready…to do this?!” BioNymphmon gasped, looking to be on the verge of collapse. I, too, felt exhausted, but I wasn’t about to let her know that.

“Let’s end this!” Catching BioNymphmon completely off guard, I swung my blade, striking as quickly as a flash of lightning I saw just moments before, striking her belly and cutting through her chest. With an agonized shriek, BioNymphmon hovered down to the ground, and regained her Human form, a much taller woman with bright orange hair. “…Marissa. I have a tendency to spare my enemies. But for you…I’ll make an exception.”

“Not so fast!” In a lightning-quick maneuver, Marissa plunged a sharp, serrated dagger into the left side of my abdomen. “Among Murmuxmon’s followers…I’m known as the ‘assassin,’ I’ll have you know! And for very good reason! So, do excuse me if I assassinate you!”

“Not a chance in hell!” I dropped my own sword to the ground, and forcefully yanked the dagger from my belly, and slashed Marissa across the face. “You die, NOW!” Without thinking, I tackled Marissa to what I expected to be the ground, and then fell off the cliff that I had forgotten we were positioned over, all the way down and into the churning waves of the ocean south of Lotisea Province. Below the surface, I kept my grip on Marissa’s throat, determined to see her perish before the night has finished. This…may be my last battle…I’ll make it count! Marissa opened her violet eyes once again, and I pulled my hand back when I saw the grief and sorrow contained within them. That was when darkness surrounded the both of us. What…is this…? I didn’t pass out…are we both still alive…? A gentle force began to slowly lift the two of us up towards the surface until we finally broke through. “What…is this…?” Somewhat less gently, both Marissa and I were teleported back up the cliff all the way to the top.

“Marissa…and…you must be Eleanora…” A raven-haired woman spoke so gently, giving both Marissa and me looks of deep concern. “…I’m glad I found you…”

“…Are you Elderia?” I whispered. The woman nodded, and glanced to Marissa. “Why…did you save us both? My brother hurt you…and Marissa is your ally…why—”

“Eleanora, your brother only did what was expected of him as a warrior of Lachesis. There is no need to concern yourself over that matter,” Elderia replied. “…Marissa swore vengeance on him. And, I’m assuming she got it…”

“…Yes.”

“…Before Marissa left to get her revenge…Not long after your brother defeated me…Matthew told me about Murmuxmon…his goals…his cruelty…At the time, I chose merely to ignore what Murmuxmon did out of gratitude for saving my life from those who wished me dead. I’m a gypsy, and he needed my powers; my magic, and my ability to see the future, even if just partially. He needed me to see the future to see what he has changed thus far…but after the talk Matthew and Coronamon had with me, I know Murmuxmon would have killed me himself once he had no need of my powers…If…they hadn’t said anything to me about Murmuxmon…my doubt in him would never waver. I’m sure I would gladly have given my life for him…but not anymore. Murmuxmon needs to be stopped. And I can’t…I can’t bear to see any more innocent Humans or Digimon get hurt…especially because of me…Eleanora…Please…please promise me that you and your friends will stop Murmuxmon.”

“Elderia…” I lowered my gaze, and glanced over at Marissa. “…Is she…going to be okay…?”

“She’ll be fine; no need to worry. She…she’s just sleeping.”

“Sleeping? Like…not passed out, even?” I asked.

“No, she’s asleep. She’s…seems to suffer from narcolepsy…If you can even call it suffering. She looks so peaceful and cute sound asleep…”

“A narcoleptic assassin…Murmuxmon must’ve been desperate,” I huffed.

“Well, she’s strong. And she isn’t narcoleptic when in her Bio Hybrid form,” Elderia said. I sighed, and lowered my hand to my belly, where I saw that the wound had closed up. “My magic…I used it to heal the both of you. You will both…live through this. I swear it.”
    “…Elderia…thank you. Thank you…for saving me,” I whispered. The beautiful gypsy blushed, but smiled.

Matthew Kasuto

Slowly, my eyes opened to take in the world around me. My whole body ached, but I was able to slowly lift my head. Eleanora was instantly at my side as soon as I did.

“Matthew! Are you okay?! Please be okay! Where does it hurt?! Tell me where it hurts, and I’ll—”

“Eleanora. I’m fine,” I whispered dryly. I could tell that the tone of my voice filled my twin sister with sadness, but I paid it little mind. “And I thought I told you, you don’t need to worry about me like this.”

“Like hell I do! You were fucking crucified!” Eleanora screamed.

“…You’re not my big sister, and you’re not my mother. So, stop treating me like I can’t take care of myself.”

“Matthew…” I glanced around, and saw Coronamon lying unconscious in Mia’s lap. Next to her sat a blond man I didn’t know, but I paid him no notice.

“…Let’s get going, shall we? Murmuxmon won’t defeat himself.”

“Matthew!” Eleanora snapped. “…You aren’t going anywhere until you tell me why you keep trying to push me away. Got it?!”

“Jeez, you’re never going to let this go, are you…”

“Matthew. What happened to you over in Cyllene?” Eleanora asked. “…Is it about Katsumi? I know you loved her…”

“Eleanora. I…I was there…when she was killed.” Eleanora and Mia both gasped. The man sitting next to Mia had both pity and a somber confusion in his amber eyes.

“You didn’t…you didn’t ever tell me that…”

“She was shot in the chest; by that same woman who killed Alicia and Wayland. That arrow just…tore…through her chest…there was nothing I could do to save her…All I could do was kill Eliza for what she did to the woman I loved…If Flaremon didn’t ever stop me, I’d probably still be there, stabbing her bloated corpse with that arrowgun…”

“Matthew…”

“…And…there’s…one other thing,” I mumbled. I glanced over at Katsumi’s spirit, who gave me a gentle smile and an encouraging nod. “…Back in Shendu Territory…after we were left shipwrecked by Leviamon…I began seeing her spirit.” Eleanora gave me a blank look.

“Spirit…you mean…her ghost…?” I nodded.

“She’s remained at my side ever since she first came to me that day, helping me, giving me advice, support…I doubt I could’ve gone through half of the battles I’ve took part in since returning from Cyllene…had she not been there for me.”

“Matthew…WHY DIDN’T YOU EVER TELL ME?!” Eleanora yelled tearfully. “Why…didn’t you tell me…?! Why…”

“I…didn’t think you’d believe me. Besides…I didn’t want you to constantly remind me of her death. I have enough of that in my dreams at night. Coronamon knows too, and Karen Swan does, too. I just…didn’t want to keep hearing about how she died…that she did.”

“Do you really think I’d have…done that to you?! Matthew…how could you…?”

“…Um…I hate to interrupt this, but…I think we should start looking for the others,” Mia said quietly, not bothering to hide the anxious look on her face. “The only problem is, I don’t know where they are…”

“Hey, no problem! Just leave it to old Alphonse!” The blond man sitting next to Mia jumped up enthusiastically, and reached into his pocket. “Come forth, Cerberusmon!”

Huh; another Summoner. How interesting, Katsumi mused.

“You wouldn’t believe this fella’s nose! He can track somebody’s scent from halfway across the continent!” Alphonse exclaimed in an excited voice.

“Ah, you flatter me, buddy,” Cerberusmon said sheepishly. “But, I’ll do my best to find the warriors of Lachesis! Just leave it to me!”

Chapter 144 - Dark Destiny

Sparrow Lea

A nervous Hawkmon ran his beak through the feathers on his wings, an oft-seen habit of his when he was uncertain of what to do. All around me, my friends and allies had similar expressions ranging from simple confusion to outright angst and concern. Still unconscious, AeroVeedramon, Elizabeth, Quetzalmon, Kamemon, Salamon, and Kudamon rested peacefully, blissfully unaware of the certain danger the rest of us faced. At the makeshift camp that had been set up for our recovering friends, Mihiramon lounged off to the side, with Lucia sitting, nestled up against his fur.

It was Eleanora who spoke first, speaking in that gentle, soothing voice that had always made my worries vanish.

“…Murmuxmon and his allies…no, his pawns; they hurt our friends,” the beautiful swordswoman began, speaking calmly but firmly. “But rest assured, I will get revenge for the pain inflicted upon them. I swear on the blade passed down from my ancestor, Thomas Kasuto, that I will personally strike down Murmuxmon.” Matthew stared vacantly off to the side, not seeming to pay attention to what Eleanora was saying. Mia and the man with her, Alphonse, both nodded in agreement to Eleanora’s short speech.

“I don’t think all of us ought to go fight Murmuxmon at once, though,” I added. “Remember, we’ve still got some injured people here, and I don’t doubt that Murmuxmon has more allies lying in wait for us to leave so they can pick them off one by one.”

“Well, I guess I’ll stay behind, then,” Sieglinde offered. “I’ll be able to smell if any enemy comes our way with Lupinemon.”

“I shall stay as well,” Tactimon added. “…I’d feel bad if I just left Sieg to do all the work by herself…”

“Why, thank you, Tacty!” Sieglinde beamed.

“…Now, then; before we go to fight Murmuxmon, should we track down our missing allies? Or, should we go to him right away?” I asked. “We still don’t know where the boss is…”

“Um…actually…There’s something I need to tell all of you.” The gypsy woman, Elderia, nervously glanced around our large group. “…Murmuxmon…a few hours ago, he…he murdered your master, Ulysses.” A grim silence fell upon us all.

“…What…do you mean?” I asked in a quavering voice. “Ulysses…he’s…dead…?”

“I’m sorry…but it is the truth, and you need to know it. Talosmon has gone missing, as well…”

“…That can’t be,” Eleanora whispered, speaking just barely above a whisper. Matthew, too, looked surprised by the news, but didn’t seem altogether that broken up about it. Mia, on the other hand, promptly burst into tears. “Without a master…without our leader…what will we do…? Without Ulysses…it’s like our head has been separated from our body…”

“…We get revenge. That’s what we’ll do,” I replied. “Our enemies…they may kill some of us from time to time…We will grieve for our fallen brethren…and in the meantime, we shall find those responsible…and destroy them.”

“Sparrow…”

“Now’s not the time for tears, Ellie. Now…is the time to fight!” I said, doing my best to give the beautiful woman an encouraging smile. In truth, I felt just as at a loss as she, but I knew I could not let it affect me, lest I follow in the footsteps of our leader, and perish in battle. “I’m going to go kick Murmuxmon’s ass. Hawkmon, Matt, Coronamon, Ellie, Lunamon, Mia, Lucia, Edmund, Trionfimon, all of you are coming with me. Oh, and you too…blond dude who’s name I don’t remember at the moment.”

“Call me Alphonse; Alphonse Lincoln,” the man smiled.

“Yeah, you come to. And you too, cute gypsy girl.” I glanced at Elderia, having forgotten her name as well.

“…What about me?” Mihiramon asked.

“…Dude. Seriously? Your wing is all torn up!” I stared at the Ultimate level Digimon, in awe of his eagerness to fight once more in his current condition. “You stay behind.”

“Fine…”

“Isole, Giselle, Lilliana, Melanie, Madelyn, Bokomon, Dominimon, and Zelda; you all stay behind as well,” I continued. “Also, if Abigail, Flamedramon, or Talosmon show up here, tell them where we went…and send them our way. We’re going to need all the help we can get.”

“Just to be clear…where are you going?” Bokomon asked.

“Murmuxmon is…most likely in the capital city, Celicia,” Elderia said timidly. “He probably won’t be at the castle, knowing him…he’s probably anticipating all of you to find him…”

“Will you guide us to him?” Lucia asked.

“I…I can, but…I…can’t help you fight him,” Elderia whispered. “I’m…sorry…”
    “Hey; don’t worry about it, gorgeous,” I smiled. “Just lead the way, and we can take care of the rest.”

Flamedramon
    Celicia Castle

“…This is where Melanie said to look, right?” I asked. “She told us to find someone important here in the castle, without getting caught…”

“Yes,” Abigail whispered. “I believe she said we would find that person in the queen and king’s personal quarters.” I gazed up uncertainly at the large, ornate door that lead to that very room. “…Flamedramon? Is there something wrong?”

“I dunno…I just…I’m not sure if I fully trust Melanie,” I murmured.

“Whyever not, dear?”

“Well, she just came up to us out of the blue, you know? I mean, everything she’s told us so far has been correct, but…I can’t help but worry if she’s somehow trying to lead us into a trap…”

“Oh, Johnny…”

“…I’ve told you not to call me that. That was…a name from a previous life. I am Flamedramon now.”

“I’m sorry…”

“…Well, this door isn’t going to open itself. Let’s go.” Removing any hesitation I might have had, I opened the door to the private chambers of Queen Mana and King Byron. The room was empty. I sighed a breath of relief, and walked in first, with my wife following in after me. My gaze focused on a far corner of the room, where a motionless being stood, staring blankly at nothing.

“…Is that him?” Abigail asked.

“Must be. I’m surprised, though…I didn’t think Murmuxmon would have it in him,” I said, walking up to the Digimon. “Clockmon…you’re supposed to be eternally neutral because of your powers…And somehow, Murmuxmon was able to get you to do as he wished. You poor bastard…”

“Well…okay, so we were able to find Clockmon like Melanie wanted; now what?” Abigail asked. “…Looks like he’s under the control of some spell Murmuxmon cast…”

“Yes…his eyes are completely blank; pure white…”

“…Do you think Edmund could undue whatever spell Murmuxmon cast on Clockmon?”

“I’m not sure…If anyone could have, it would have been Luna. But Edmund…”

“Why not him? He’s your son; how could you doubt him?”

“It’s not that…It’s just that Luna has a deeper expertise in dark magic, where Edmund uses the magics of nature; you know, fire and wind, and all that stuff.”

“So then…Wisemon or Katsumi could also have reversed the spell?”

“Undoubtedly…but Wisemon didn’t follow us, and Katsumi…Well, you know…”
    “Well, let’s at least take him with us,” Abigail said. “Maybe we can find someone to break this spell…”

Murmuxmon

The deep, golden moon hung softly in the middle of the otherwise clear and empty sky. In its simple radiance, I could see the approach of those who dared to face me. The warriors of Lachesis were coming for me. I smiled. I clenched my fist, and spread my wings out as they came closer and closer. Though they numbered fewer than I had expected, it mattered not to me.

The only thing that mattered was that I change the one thing I could not all those years ago…

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415