With the Will > Portal | Forum | News | Gallery | Podcast | IRC Chat | File Island | Digital Starlight | Card Terminal | DMA | Digipedia
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digivolving Spirits Alphamon Box & Prototype Preview, & Diablomon Release & Festival!

Digivolving Spirits Alphamon Box & Prototype Preview, & Diablomon Release & Festival!

Time for another look at Digivolving Spirits.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Tamashii is giving us another look at Digivolving Spirits Alphamon.

We finally get to see the packaging!

The box has some fantastic artwork of Alphamon and Dorumon by Kenji Watanabe.

Since it's the first Royal Knights, and it's a bit more expensive, they decided to use going foil instead of silver on the box. In addition the text for the logo and information skews to a goldish yellow instead of white like the prior figures. They mention this isn't the final design.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

The box for Alphamon has quite a bit more depth to it than WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon (and they say it's the deepest out of all the figures so far, but they've kept the height the same.)

On top of that we get a look at prototypes!

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

During the transformation Dorumon ends up being Alphamon's cape, and it's hard to tell these are the same figure by looking at them from the front.

You can see the various pieces that use die cast metal, such as Alphamon's face, wrists knees, and also elements like the joints on his feet.

A little pedestal is included to help Dorumon stand.

They tried to arrange the metal parts on Alphamon so that when you touch and hold the figure you can feel the weight and the coldness of the metal.

Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon (from Digimon X-Evolution) will be released in July for 8,500 yen. Pre-orders are open (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #05 Alphamon At Amazon USA

And Alphamon isn't the only Digivolving Spirits with news at the moment...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

On March 24th Digivolving Spirits Diablomon is being released!

They are holding a Diablomon Festival in honor of the new release!

First, for those in Japan, they will be streaming Our War Game on Youtube for a limited time.

Second, they are doing a Twitter campaign (Japan only again!)

Image Thumbnail (custom)

They want you to tweet photos of Digivolving Spirits figures (and other Tamashii Digimon products.)

Tweet your photo to their features account and use the hashtag #超進化魂

If they get 500 tweets they will do 3 prize packages. Each prize package includes one of the first 3 Digivolving Spirits figures (signed by Kenji Watanabe), Battle Spirits Digimon 1.5 booster box, and all 5 Digital Monster Capsule Mascot Collection 2.0 gashapon figures.

Image Thumbnail (custom)

If they get 1000 they'll show us who the next Digivolving Spirits figure is a bit early.

The Twitter campaign ends on April 14th.

Update- Just a small update...

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Photos of Watanabe signing the WarGreymon and MetalGarurumon boxes for the contest.

Update- Update- The Diablomon Festival Twitter Campaign is up to 250 photo tweets. At 500 is when they do 3 prize packages, and 1,000 is when they show new Digivolving Spirits figures. Although it appears to be referring to a 'lineup' rather than a singular figure, so even though we've gotten an early look at AtlurKabuterimon perhaps if the number gets hit we'll get to see HolyAngemon and Dukemon also...

Last but not least for the Diablomon Festival...

A video showing you how to transform Diablomon!

Image Thumbnail (custom)

Diablomon is still available to order, but is a bit harder to get than the others at the moment... (Affiliate links)
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)
    Digivolving Spirits #03 Diablomon at Amazon USA (currently only available from 3rd party sellers)

And if you want to order or pre-order other Digivolving Spirits...

Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom) Image Thumbnail (custom)

#01 WarGreymon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits WarGreymon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#02 MetalGarurumon (Affiliate links): Out February 28th in the US
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at Amazon USA
    Digivolving Spirits MetalGarurumon at CDJapan (currently not available, may change)

#04 Angewomon (Affiliate links):
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at CDJapan
    Digivolving Spirits #04 Angewomon at Amazon USA
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    It sucks that Diaboromon canít stretch his arms out to perform his Cable Crusher attack and it sucks that he doesnít have a missle firing gimmick for his Web Wrecker attack.

Haha, March 24th, eh? I'll have to give Our War Game a rewatch then. Hopefully my figure shows up soon after, MetalGarurumon was on time.

I half expected Alphamon to be facing the other way given his occasionally antagonistic role in the series, but that's okay. We're definitely stacked on heroes though, I think Diaboromon is the only villain so far?

Junior Commander
    Really considering to pick up that Alphamon. It looks to good to pass up on

Ain't got no mojo... rsccooperinc's Avatar
    Add rsccooperinc on DeviantArt
    Gosh it's so tempting. Really want it but that would make it pretty much the most expensive thing I own

I come from the net
    Wow. These really have done well considering how hard some of them must have been. Really great work. I wonder what would be next.

Quote Originally Posted by BlankShell View Post
    Haha, March 24th, eh? I'll have to give Our War Game a rewatch then. Hopefully my figure shows up soon after, MetalGarurumon was on time.

I half expected Alphamon to be facing the other way given his occasionally antagonistic role in the series, but that's okay. We're definitely stacked on heroes though, I think Diaboromon is the only villain so far?
    I can totally see why you would think that considering "Unknown D" and tri
    but seeing as it's confirmed to be X evolution's dorumon/alphamon he's a total cinnamon roll

Updated the news with photos of Watanabe signing some of the contest prizes.
    Help With the Will out out, click the Donate button and subscribe/donate so we can improve the site.

Add Mugenlazlo on DeviantArt
    Diaboromon is out. I repeat: Diaboromon is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugenlazlo View Post
    Diaboromon is out. I repeat: Diaboromon is out.
    Yup, cdjapan just sent mine out this morning!
    hopefully 3-6 days will be on the dot for ems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast