2 Digimon Adventure 20th Memorial Story Project Digimon Shown- Ganvivormon & Aequcedramon

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Concept art Aquecedramon is 5000 times cuter, dang. I actually like this design

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I read Gyotchan came up with Ganvivormon's design from wishing for his wife to feel better whilst battling cancer during the Memorial Story Project.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Last edited:

LotusRose

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like them both. Ganvivormon's origin was a punch in the heart. Very happy for them.

VanChizzle

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really liking the first Digimon's design.

The second kinda gives me Neopet vibes tbh, but another addition to ice-themed Digimon is cool still.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Really liking the first Digimon's design.

The second kinda gives me Neopet vibes tbh, but another addition to ice-themed Digimon is cool still.
Well now i cant unsee it thanks a lot....

But yeah both designs are just growing on me more and more each day... at first glance its like oh hey cute lil cat thing...then you find out the origin and such and its like OMG cancer survivor cat... and its sooo cute....

I do feel the big wings on Aequcedra feel off the concept art with the smaller wings feels a bit better to me but yeah come on otherlucky people share the love and let us see the other 3 already.

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
The second kinda gives me Neopet vibes tbh
I was thinking this and didn't say it. As a kid I liked ice and water elemental monster designs and dragons so when I made a Neopets account about 18 years ago, I immediately made a Blue Shoryu and Aequecedramon instantly reminded me of my old Shoryu. I wound up liking fire and light monster designs later in life but seeing a design child me would have lost their mind over is nice.
I also thought that Neopets asking for my address meant I was going to get a Neopet egg in real life so 5 year old me spent about a year waiting for a water ice dragon egg to come in the mai

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I was thinking this and didn't say it. As a kid I liked ice and water elemental monster designs and dragons so when I made a Neopets account about 18 years ago, I immediately made a Blue Shoryu and Aequecedramon instantly reminded me of my old Shoryu. I wound up liking fire and light monster designs later in life but seeing a design child me would have lost their mind over is nice.
I also thought that Neopets asking for my address meant I was going to get a Neopet egg in real life so 5 year old me spent about a year waiting for a water ice dragon egg to come in the mai
When are they supposed to reveal the three other new Digimon it’s been a week.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's probably being done piecemeal to coincide with the backers getting their plushies.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Honestly... never. I know that sounds odd but the thing is seems Gyotchan and Sho3411 were the ones who showed off the ones they got. Not Bandai, Toei, or even Kenji. I mean had one of the companies involved gone and revealed them we could probably fathom a guess as to when we might see the other 3. But honestly we have no clue if all 5 were sent off at the same time, or if these were just the first two finished. There's to many unknowns.

For all we know the other 3 top tier people could be rather selfish. It's not like Gyotchan or Sho3411 had to show off the art they got. They could of kept it to themselves and we honestly would have no clue they were memorial digis if/when they showed up down the road. For all we know mystery digi from the upcoming ep could be one... i mean its probably not but that's kinda what happens with this.

The standard contest route at the end of the contest we find out the winners cause whichever company runs the contest announces them somewhere. But this situation is different of course they are designed and sent to these people. Maybe the other 3 are waiting for the plushies as well to post both together. But the thing is its not like Toei/Bandai has any obligation to post and say whether they are memorial digis, nor do the people who get them have any such obligations we just sorta lucked out that at the very least 2 of them are big enough fans to want to show them off.

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
It's the fans choice to do it. Unless Bandai decide to do it later, were probably never gonna see them.

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Image Thumbnail (custom)
[/QUOTE]

It's the fans choice to do it. Unless Bandai decide to do it later, were probably never gonna see them.
[/QUOTE]
yeah it’s just it’s getting boring without any new Digimon reveals lately.

Last edited:

SparkGold

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
@Geode @Muur if you guys continue discussing may you please unquote me and Vanchizzle? We're not relevant to this conversation and I have no idea why Geode's quoted us to begin with

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
yeah it’s just it’s getting boring without any new Digimon reveals lately.

Sadly this is true... then again it is the new years week lack of well anything I think that's making the lack of reveals annoying. Upside we get a new digi in a few days so that should be interesting cant wait to find out its name. But yeah the simple fact that we know there's 3 more designs out there that we have no clue about, and honestly might never find out about unless Bandai decides to make a post with all 5 images, or even just the 5 plushes before they get sent, since Bandai retains all rights to them. But yeah that's what makes this so different from the normal. Contest winners we know we can expect some sort of official announcement and at the very least a glimpse at the art that was submitted. This time around however seems its entirely up to the people in that top tier if they wish to share the art or not.

I'd hate to think that any digi fan is selfish enough as to not share... so maybe they just want to wait for the plush or something. Or maybe they just assumed Bandai would post it anyways so why bother? But unfortunately theres always the chance that they just want to keep it to themselves as long as possible.

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m actually really curious about the Ganvivormon plush because I want to know if the Hiromi pill was a detachable accessory or if the top half of Ganvivormon was sewn into the Hiromi pill directly.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm wondering if it will have a working zipper!

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I’m actually really curious about the Ganvivormon plush because I want to know if the Hiromi pill was a detachable accessory or if the top half of Ganvivormon was sewn into the Hiromi pill directly.
I'm sure since Gyotchan showed off the art when they get the plush, since my understanding is they plushes haven't been shipped yet other wise why wouldn't they post the plush along side the art? But I have faith that Gyotchan will show off the plush when they get it since they were kind enough to spread the love for digimon by posting Ganvivor around.

But this is a good question, honestly I don't expect it to have a working zipper since we got the tooth design that a zipper could potentially hinder. However the easy solution would be to sew it in. I mean we know these aren't going to, or are at least super unlikely, to be mass retail things but i also dont expect them to go all out. Connecting Ganvivor to the pill could be done via a snap button or velcro which would be pretty cheap but we'll just have to wait and see.