2 Digimon Adventure 20th Memorial Story Project Digimon Shown- Ganvivormon & Aequcedramon

Zmr

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Why would we want SnowAgumon in the first place when we can have a Digimon that fits the same purpose but isn't a lazy recolour? SnowAgumon only existed because of technical limitations in DW1 but we're past that stage now where such things are a necessity at all.

Tortoiseshel

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm really not seeing "Yuki Agumon 2.0" anywhere in Exdramon, besides them both being small, cold reptiles. Blucomon, sure; they're both blue and have some white fluff on them. And yeah, I'd also like some more new ice/snow Digimon that weren't also dragons or dinosaurs, but it's better than nothing.

Momentai

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I personally don't like the design of the kitty, it resembles an appmon. It's not a bad concept but it's really different from what I would expect from a Digimon.

I don't dislike the blue dragon, but it's too similar to Blucomon, and I don't think it's a variation.

Having said that, the idea of the project is adorable and reminds me of the creation of Guilmon in Digimon Tamers. This is why I cannot be disappointed with the results

Last edited:

Yume

Junior Commander
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I don't even know what I'd ask for in an original partner digimon...

I like the designs, and I prefer Ganvivormon. The way it can walk around inside the capsule/pill is pretty cool.
When it comes to the other one though, you can imagine the concept meeting going something like: "I want a dragon, like Guilmon! But blue! And with wings! Who has air powers, and ice powers, and water powers!"

Muur

I'd rather roll
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Make him a Champion and they could have the ice guy in Blucomon's VB.

If I had this prize I'd make a magical girl Digimon

Unknown Neo

You got in
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
This is great. Now this is a great thing and for 3K, of course it is. Those are great ideas though.

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
My prize would be mini dragon like Veemon, Shoutmon, or gumdramon or a reptile like Agumon and guilmon or a beast like Bearmon and Terriermon.

cool potato

Red shirt
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Ganvivormon is amazing!!

Aequcedramon feels uninspired imo - I'm getting neopet vibes.

B-mon

I'm going digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'm pronouncing it "A-QUISS-DRAMON". It looks a lot like a monster from Legendz; I almost thought it wasn't real at first.

Ganbivormon doesn't feel "Appmonish" to me. The big eyes just make me think of Tailmon; I like it a lot.

McGann

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I really like both of these, especially Ganvivormon.

I don't really get the comments saying she looks more like an Appmon than a Digimon. I mean I like Appmon too so it wouldn't bother me, (Pulsemon is a total Appmon) but the weird collection of design elements and destails is incredibly Digimon-esque to me.

Aequcedramon is cool, though I find his Tentomon stumps a little strange.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, was not expecting this. Ganvivormon is giving me major Vademon vibes with the toy ray gun. Perhaps a little too over designed for my tastes but I'm sure it'll grow on me. The story behind it's creation is very touching at least.

Onto Aequcedramon, everyone's been referencing Blucomon but honestly my first thought when I saw it was "Ice Guilmon" for some reason. Not too keen on the raptorial forarms, had I been in charge of the design then I probably would've gone with a more wyvern look with the arms fused into the wings.

Overall they're perfectly serviceable new Digimon and I hope we get to see the other three as well.

Santaskid

I come from the net
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I'd assume they are meant to be rookie levels simply cause the idea from what i can gather was a 'personalized partnermon' so rookie makes the most sense. Though we do know that adult level partners are common enough either is possible. Also while i enjoyed the cuteness of Ganvivormon wouldn't ever say its my favorite mon of he year, neither designs are overtly bad they just don't do much for me. But thats the thing. MOST digimon are likely designedfor the broad crowd the viewers, gamers, and fans in general and thus they are designed more to catch as many peoples attention as possible. These mons are likely designed not for the collective fandom but for very specific people.

Would i love to see them show up in a game or the anime yeah of course cause it would give them more of a legitimate feel. Having them show up in a cameo role would be great give them more of an official feel than say... Hubmon or this years april fools digi. However I dont expect it to happen and i'm totally fine with that. They were designed for very specific people, they are THEIR partner digimon and should probably keep a minimal amount of screen time to make them feel a little more special.

But yeah after realizing the origins of Ganvivor'mons name... i'm actually touched and while design wise its far from my favorite due to the fact it was made to try and cheer up someone else... thats pretty touching.

Geode

I'm a Maniac
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
I got it my rookie Digimon would be small bipedal or on all four ceratopsian with one horn on the nose area or a Toybearmon a fitting evolution for Monzaemon.

Last edited:

Infinity Master

Ain't got no mojo...
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
1) Don't like the design of 'Ganvivormon' whatsoever. It hardly resembles a Digimon tbh (it's more like an "Appmon" and I never was a fan of those misfits whatsoever).

2) The 'Aequcedramon' on the other hand is "acceptable" design-wise, but I wish it had a better face than that (especially the eyes that don't really resemble the traditional "colorful big Digimon eyes" we are accustomed to with most Rookie level Digimon).

MarcFBR

Big Cheese
Staff
Admin
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Updated with rough draft art of Aequcedramon.

Rohan

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Huh, I must admit I kinda like the more dumpy design of the concept art for Aequcedramon than the final product. :unsure:

e105zeta

Completely digital
Show User Social Media
Hide User Social Media
Beta Aquecedramon is a lot better